• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Enuhito was saying that he has some sort of relationship with AJPW with this? I assume it just means they'd have no problem if their guys went to work for him now and again?

Yeah, that and AJPW would probably like to bring in Akebono and Kea for their bigger shows. This whole thing just further muddies the waters though, there's NJPW, DDT & Dragon Gate, while everyone else is fighting for scraps.

Browny

Banned
I think I need another cup of coffee.

How the hell did Japanese wrestling become a trending topic in Facebook?

ZaofW43.jpg

Did the internet discover Japanese wrestling? Should we tell them this is tame?

That gif has been doing the rounds on mainstream media for the last couple of days - it's hit the big time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, just what Japanese wrestling needs - another promotion! And not just any promotion, but a resurrection of a failed promotion from the mid-2000's when the market was far too saturated, much as it is today.

Akebono announced the formation of Oudou Pro-Wrestling, or: King's Road. He has the backing of Baba's widow and will be joined by Taiyo Kea. Much like the original and very short-lived King's Road promotion of the same name from 2006, Akebono's new venture looks to try and capture the nostalgia of Giant Baba's AJPW, but it's unclear as of yet who will be wrestling for King's Road other than Akebono & Kea.

*edit, in Tokyo Sports they call Akebono 'the new heir of Giant Baba' and he apparently has the full support of Baba's widow. Akebono wants King's Road to be a touring company, not just centred in Tokyo, and says he'll work with any and all promotions to achieve this.

I love big Bono. But man. When will funding run out for all these promotions? It's the LAST thing they need.

Fox318

Tough Enough winner was introduced at the live NXT event in Orlando last night with the new ring name: Bronson Mathews.

Daria also debut'd on the show as Daria "The Jersey Devil". She actually wrestled Nia Jax.

Also, Rich Swann wrestled in the opening match.

How long until they announce Samoan Kevin Nash vs YetAAAYYY Kevin Nash for mania 32?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, just watched The Game Awards and Keighley's complete burial of Konami. Guy was shooting from the hip. Wrestling take note, this is how you bury someone.

Kideo game wank shows have nothing on even the mildest wrestling. It's just those soft pieces of shit aren't used to it.

U3RpGOA.gif

klonere

Banned
I'm reminded by Bootaay's twitter of that Japanese Joshi promotion called SeeaDDLing or whatever.

I really thought it was a joke but no, they are running shows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love you Boots but I have to mute you whenever an NJPW show is on because I hate Taguchi jiffs.

I think I need another cup of coffee.

How the hell did Japanese wrestling become a trending topic in Facebook?

ZaofW43.jpg

Did the internet discover Japanese wrestling? Should we tell them this is tame?

It aired on ESPN yesterday. DDT finally hit the big time in the US and I can die now :')

Savitar

Mick Foley knows what you said!

Mick Foley
5 hrs · Edited ·

SON OF A GUN

So it seems that my son Dewey's hiring by WWE has caused some people to question the honesty, or intentions of a few of my recent Facebook posts. From what I can gather, the criticism has fallen into one of two camps.
1) I was critical of WWE's recent creative direction in order to open up an opportunity for my son to join the creative team.
OR
2) I praised the past episode of WWE Raw as some sort of thank you gesture for hiring my son.

I also received several messages on social media pointing out the perception of nepotism involved in WWE's decision to hire my son – as if I had arranged for some type of high-paying, piece-of-cake job for him with the company.

Here is the truth. My son was hired two months ago by WWE creative, and will begin working with the company in January. He would have started earlier, but he and I both felt it was important for him to fulfill the commitment he made to the college that employed him as the director of a residence hall. He could have merely explained that this was his dream job, and possibly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but he chose to stay because it was the right thing – and because I told him that deep down, Mr. McMahon would respect him as a man of his word. My son was not given this job because of his last name. He earned it. He earned it by working for hundreds of hours in solitude, with no compensation, to prove his writing skills and mind for the business. There are no piece-of-cake jobs in WWE. As ESPN's Jonathan Coachman said of his time with WWE, "you are expected to bring it every day." My son will do his best to "bring it" every day. He will be working long hours, in a thankless, difficult job, for entry level money - the way it should be. There has also been talk of my daughter joining WWE as a backstage interviewer. I certainly hope that turns out to be the case - but as of now, as far as I know, it's just talk.

The hiring of my son in September by WWE has had no bearing on any of my posts about the company - be they negative or positive. I am both puzzled and insulted to think that some wrestling fans have become so jaded and cynical that they could read a few of those heartfelt Facebook posts or listen to my podcast with stone cold Steve Austin, and doubt the sincerity of my words. Not everything - in wrestling or life - is an angle, or a work.

I love WWE. I really do. I literally began a meeting with Triple H two years ago by saying, "I love this company. I love it now - and no matter what happens during the course of this meeting, I'll love it when I walk out this door."

So I guess, when I write something that is critical of WWE, I convince myself that I am showing them "tough love" - that the right people will read what I have to say (I I have it on good authority that the right people DO read my posts) and that my thoughts will be taken into consideration. But these past few days have made me re-examine my priorities. Maybe I should do the right thing as a parent and stop being so critical of the company in such a public way. His job will be tough enough without his dad throwing obstacles in his way. I think I will start using the text option on my phone when I feel like Mr. McMahon, Triple H or Stephanie need to hear my opinions or feedback. Maybe I'll get fewer likes on my Facebook page. But I'll probably sleep better at night.

Have a nice day.

Mick Foley

He's telling Santa.

Enuhito was saying that he has some sort of relationship with AJPW with this? I assume it just means they'd have no problem if their guys went to work for him now and again?

Its a herniated disc in the back according to Meltz, which sounds pretty serious, he might not be in fighting shape for WK10 which would be disastrous :(

Naito vs Naka?????

Knowing AJ he'll work through it. He hates disappointing fans when it comes to big matches.

IMO, he works his match against Lethal and Nakamura, he might have to skip Sabre and Mysterio, but then he goes in for surgery.

Fox318

can you really blame them?

Look at how many talented guys either got fucked over by the company or said fuck wrestling and left?

Hell look at Del Rio. He was a huge star for a year outside of WWE and within a month he is a midcard jobber putting over Vince's pretty boy.

I mean Tyler Breeze is up on the main roster for a month and now he's just another guy.

Recall

main roster WWE is bad. 52 RAWs a year, 52 Smackdowns, 12 PPVs, international specials, house shows, fake reality shows and all people remember are a handful (i.e 5 or less) moments.

All I remember so far from 2015 is that the Rumble was shit, again and that I was happy Rollins won the 3 way at WM. Oh and Owens beating Cena was ace.

Kaiterra

Banned
That Joey Ryan/Danshoku Dino clip is all I ever wanted from wrestling. And talk about a dream match I didn't even think of beforehand, jeez.

Becky lynch on talk is Jericho.

John pollocks interview with Nash is a must listen from review a wai. It is a very Greene pollack. Really funny

Barrage

can you really blame them?

Look at how many talented guys either got fucked over by the company or said fuck wrestling and left?

Hell look at Del Rio. He was a huge star for a year outside of WWE and within a month he is a midcard jobber putting over Vince's pretty boy.

I mean Tyler Breeze is up on the main roster for a month and now he's just another guy.

But..Tyler Breeze IS just another guy. Where did people expect a Gatekeeper in Decelopmental to be after a month?

Top Bottom