• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

imBask

Banned
KhUupYe.gif

fucking smarks who want to put himself over

if you liked this guy but hate the full sail crowd, you're the definition of hypocrisy

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hope this is the last we hear of Mick Foley's posts on Facebook in this thread.
It I were Dewey I would be embarrassed as shit at Foley trying to argue his job isn't due to nepotism. Of course it's due to nepotism (just like HHH, Steph and Vince Jr.) just don't call attention to it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It I were Dewey I would be embarrassed as shit at Foley trying to argue his job isn't due to nepotism. Of course it's due to nepotism (just like HHH, Steph and Vince Jr.) just don't call attention to it.

Dewey's an angry guy anyway. That FB post of last year just reeked of shit.

Fox318

Vince is ultimately the only writer anyway

Pretty much.

And the writers are writing to please Vince instead of writing a show that keeps fans interested and brings in new audiences.

Only 4 people really get to do or say what they want on the mic.

HHH
Steph
Cena
Heymen

Ithil

Doesn't really matter who you hire as a writer. There's 26 other writers and no one gets to really contribute. There's a reason they've got such a high turnover rate.

Jimmy Jacobs has been there all year, have you seen anything on RAW that seems like his kind of creative?

Recall

Steph is head of creative right? So the writers feed her ideas which she can either agree or veto or is it just simply a title who can speak on Vince's behalf while he takes a shit?

Steph is a bad head of creative.

Ithil

tpNa61R.png

So that's Daria the MMA fighter from Tough Enough's starting look. I'm not expecting female Bork but she'll stand out at least.

Steph is head of creative right? So the writers feed her ideas which she can either agree or veto or is it just simply a title who can speak on Vince's behalf while he takes a shit?

Stephanie is head of public relations. She hasn't been on Creative in years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

she hasnt been that in ages, but I don't keep up with wwe employees and what they do because I am an outsider, and if I went any further speculating on how their business works it'd be stupid

klonere

Banned

Steph is "Chief Brand Officer" so I'd guess she's more involved in the ads/sales/marketing/PR side. I'm sure she has a say in Creative but definitely isn't the final stop before the actual head writer that is Vince anymore.

For all the shit she gets, that Kay Jewelers deal seems like a pretty good catch.

klonere

Banned
smh at no mentions of Rusev as our GIF mascot

73IY65N.gif

Its the perfect WrassleGAF gif, a buncha jobbers getting excited about a kideo game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Except for the fighting game, that's a nice gif.

klonere

Banned
Becky casually name dropping Zack Sabre jr

God the saddest thing about that whole interview was her gushing about her time in Japan, working with Aja Kong, her love of Joshi, getting a big modelling deal, being promised the belt etc etc.

And we will never see a good Becky/Asuka feud ever :(

God the saddest thing about that whole interview was her gushing about her time in Japan, working with Aja Kong, her love of Joshi, getting a big modelling deal, being promised the belt etc etc.

And we will never see a good Becky/Asuka feud ever :(

C'mon Vince, just give me that

Trevelyon

Yeah, what a nightmare ticketmaster is. Will try again for the general release. But something tells me I'll just end up getting some nosebleeds off stubhub.

I notice every time she's been on Raw it's been awful. Linda need to make that call to Sugar Shane to save Vinny

Yousefb

WtassleGAF! It's been a long time since I stopped paying attention to wrestling. I've always had somewhat of a love hate relationship with the product. Like many of you here I grew up with it in the 90's and devoured it every week. Around 2001 I stopped paying attention until the amazing 2004 with the Royal Rumble where [removed] won. Then WrestlemaniaXX came along and I was a believer again. I stayed a big fan up for a couple years aND was thoroughly hyped when Batista and Cena rose to the top. Around that time I started college and my interest started to fade again. My brothers still watched so I would check every now and then but it just didnt grab me like before. The transition to PG was in full swing and I just wasn't feeling it anymore. Two things got me back in to it in 2011. The return of Brett Hart (who I finally got to see when they came to Boston that year) and of course the Rock. At that point i started to watch it as a guilty pleasure of sorts. The story lines and characters were not as good as before but I enjoyed it anyway. Also it helps that during that time I used to watch RAW while following along these threads. They made the episodes immensely more enjoyable lol. But that could only last so long. Eventually I got tired of the Cena show and I didn't feel the same affection for Punk or Bryan that the rest of the Internet seemed to have. So for the past 3 years I've not paid attention at all and I have no idea who any of these new faces in the company are. But, here I am yet again at that part of the cycle where I'm interested in coming back to it. What really got me is WWE Network. I decided to use that free month to fuel my nostalgia. Plus there's a lasertime podcast called Cheap Popcast that's fun to listen to.

My questions to you WrassleGaF are: Is it worth checking out today at all? And what are some essential ppvs/matches I should watch on WWE network? Whether they are from the modern times or the attitude era Im just looking for a fun back and forth match that has the crowd on fire. I don't think that's too much to ask right? Heh

klonere

Banned
WtassleGAF! It's been a long time since I stopped paying attention to wrestling. I've always had somewhat of a love hate relationship with the product. Like many of you here I grew up with it in the 90's and devoured it every week. Around 2001 I stopped paying attention until the amazing 2004 with the Royal Rumble where [removed] won. Then WrestlemaniaXX came along and I was a believer again. I stayed a big fan up for a couple years aND was thoroughly hyped when Batista and Cena rose to the top. Around that time I started college and my interest started to fade again. My brothers still watched so I would check every now and then but it just didnt grab me like before. The transition to PG was in full swing and I just wasn't feeling it anymore. Two things got me back in to it in 2011. The return of Brett Hart (who I finally got to see when they came to Boston that year) and of course the Rock. At that point i started to watch it as a guilty pleasure of sorts. The story lines and characters were not as good as before but I enjoyed it anyway. Also it helps that during that time I used to watch RAW while following along these threads. They made the episodes immensely more enjoyable lol. But that could only last so long. Eventually I got tired of the Cena show and I didn't feel the same affection for Punk or Bryan that the rest of the Internet seemed to have. So for the past 3 years I've not paid attention at all and I have no idea who any of these new faces in the company are. But, here I am yet again at that part of the cycle where I'm interested in coming back to it. What really got me is WWE Network. I decided to use that free month to fuel my nostalgia. Plus there's a lasertime podcast called Cheap Popcast that's fun to listen to.

My questions to you WrassleGaF are: Is it worth checking out today at all? And what are some essential ppvs/matches I should watch on WWE network? Whether they are from the modern times or the attitude era Im just looking for a fun back and forth match that has the crowd on fire. I don't think that's too much to ask right? Heh

I'm an NXT stan so I'd recommend watching all the NXT you can possibly stomach - the go home shows to all the Takeovers and the Takeovers themselves.

It's, small, simple and inoffensive stuff that I enjoy quite a lot.

notworksafe

Yeah, what a nightmare ticketmaster is. Will try again for the general release. But something tells me I'll just end up getting some nosebleeds off stubhub.

If you have the patience you can buy tickets around March on Stubhub and they'll be closer to face value. I'm gonna give it another shot tomorrow though, couldn't hurt.

klonere

Banned
Look at this majestic motherfucker

Y3qiaRk.gif

He's got that unburialable look about him. YOU'LL NEVER FULLY RUIN HIM VINCE DO YOUR WORST.

Anth0ny

To your first question: no. WWE main roster is worse than ever at the moment. watch NXT.

On the Network? Watch Fully Loaded 2000. Wrestlemania 30. Watch Punk/Cena MITB 2011. Brock vs. Cena Summerslam 2014. just off the top of my head :)

Yousefb

To your first question: no. WWE main roster is worse than ever at the moment. watch NXT.

On the Network? Watch Fully Loaded 2000. Wrestlemania 30. Watch Punk/Cena MITB 2011. Brock vs. Cena Summerslam 2014. just off the top of my head :)
Man that's a damn shame. This used to be really something special I wonder if they can capture that again.

Thanks for the suggestions though! Will definitely have a look :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

You didn't feel affection for Punk or Bryan? Watch out pal, people are preparing their "hi stro" or "gimmick poster" rebuttals as we speak, but if we mention it and call it out ahead of time you may be spared!

Network is fuckin' dope for what it costs and what you get. I don't spend a lot of time shilling for legitshook.com like I probably ought to or is expected, but there's a ton of great writeups there for WWE content. Especially the 2014 year in review stuff for WWE, lots of notable matches that you can find that are worth tracking down. You'll enjoy it.

Here's Pt1, there are many more. Worth reading for sure.
http://www.legitshook.com/bestofwwe2014/2014/11/29/best-of-wwe-2014-part-1

Man that's a damn shame. This used to be really something special I wonder if they can capture that again.

Thanks for the suggestions though! Will definitely have a look :)

It seems to me that WWE is booked around Wrestlemania a lot more than in previous generations. So, right now is the nadir of the entertainment value with it picking up in the lead to the rumble starting next month. It was the same last year - people were similarly saying the show was worse than it's ever been. The way it seems to work now is the default status of WWE is low simmer, very boring, no stakes or storylines of note and then every few months one or two things pop up which are worth following.

We could've just had Seth v Roman at Survivor Series which, in the short build it got, is the first time I had ever been remotely interested in following a Roman (beyond Lesnar, but that had nothing to do with Roman I just like Lesnar) - but that was prevented by Rollins getting an injury. So that isn't really WWE's fault, they had a plan and it got ruined.

Trevelyon

If you have the patience you can buy tickets around March on Stubhub and they'll be closer to face value. I'm gonna give it another shot tomorrow though, couldn't hurt.

I took a bath on Mania, so yeah I might chill on Raw till its closer. But it's gonna be super sold out, my feeling is the prices won't shift all that much.

Might get upper 326 and call it a day.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So gorgeous. I can't wait to see what the coaches were able to bring to the table for her. I loved her personality on the show. She took alot of shit and rolled with the punches just fine. I cringed at and for her quite a bit.
The whole season was this trainwreck of cringe I just couldn't look away from.

Top Bottom