• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Sinacember is a failure. Thankfully Stephuary is coming up.
mjihi.gif

Magic Johnson foundation WWE breaking kayfabe by having enemies right by each other.

Taker with no make up bit shades on.

Good night WrassleGAF

Finally got around to watching the last two episodes of Breaking Ground, the time line shifting around to save drama for later shit annoys the hell out of me.

Menome

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't fucking care he can have my money

EDIT: I've calmed down a bit and the funding looks sure to come, so I'll hold out for now, there's nothing in the tiers I really want

EDIT EDIT: But probably day one

I can't justify $40 this month for a game that's coming out in late 2018. I'll probably be able to grab it for that price anyway at the time.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't get why people have problems with crowdfunding.

The answer seems simple, don't fund it if you don't like it.

Hey, just what Japanese wrestling needs - another promotion! And not just any promotion, but a resurrection of a failed promotion from the mid-2000's when the market was far too saturated, much as it is today.

jm4SNj1.jpg

Akebono announced the formation of Oudou Pro-Wrestling, or: King's Road. He has the backing of Baba's widow and will be joined by Taiyo Kea. Much like the original and very short-lived King's Road promotion of the same name from 2006, Akebono's new venture looks to try and capture the nostalgia of Giant Baba's AJPW, but it's unclear as of yet who will be wrestling for King's Road other than Akebono & Kea.

*edit, in Tokyo Sports they call Akebono 'the new heir of Giant Baba' and he apparently has the full support of Baba's widow. Akebono wants King's Road to be a touring company, not just centred in Tokyo, and says he'll work with any and all promotions to achieve this.

Menome

I don't get why people have problems with crowdfunding.

The answer seems simple, don't fund it if you don't like it.

I've been quite lucky with my picks on Kickstarter. None of them have failed to deliver nor been as carny as Mighty No. 9.

To date:

-Alice: Otherlands: A Blu-Ray/DVD of two short films set in American McGee's version of the Alice universe. My Blu-Ray arrived last week.

-Obduction: Spiritual sequel to the Myst series by the original studio. Coming along nicely.

-Ever, Jane: A Jane Austen-inspired social MMO. Probably the most amateur of the bunch, but it's been playable in alpha form for a while and the proper beta has just released for backers.

-Mimicry & Memories: A collection of Electric Six B-sides and demos. Done and delivered.

-Bloodstained: We'll see how it works out, but I think we're pretty safe.

-Divinity: Original Sin 2: They've done it once before, they can do it again.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wow, just watched The Game Awards and Keighley's complete burial of Konami. Guy was shooting from the hip. Wrestling take note, this is how you bury someone.

miserable

Hey, just what Japanese wrestling needs - another promotion! And not just any promotion, but a resurrection of a failed promotion from the mid-2000's when the market was far too saturated, much as it is today.

jm4SNj1.jpg

Akebono announced the formation of Oudou Pro-Wrestling, or: King's Road. He has the backing of Baba's widow and will be joined by Taiyo Kea. Much like the original and very short-lived King's Road promotion of the same name from 2006, Akebono's new venture looks to try and capture the nostalgia of Giant Baba's AJPW, but it's unclear as of yet who will be wrestling for King's Road other than Akebono & Kea.

*edit, in Tokyo Sports they call Akebono 'the new heir of Giant Baba' and he apparently has the full support of Baba's widow. Akebono wants King's Road to be a touring company, not just centred in Tokyo, and says he'll work with any and all promotions to achieve this.

Gedo*: (laughs)
*replace Gedo's name whith whoever is in charge at New Japan

Wow, just watched The Game Awards and Keighley's complete burial of Konami. Guy was shooting from the hip. Wrestling take note, this is how you bury someone.

Keighley will come crawling back when they make MGS6: Sins of the Microtransactions with a team that they promote as being "the minds behind CoD" despite it being only 3 ex-Sledgehammer guys with the rest of the team being the Cabella's hunting game folks.

AJ Styles is still injured, he was held off of the World Tag League show today, meaning a bye victory for Goto and Shibata.

Apparently the issue isn't with his back, but a newly-suffered hip injury.

klonere

Banned
Akebono Japan Wrestling.

Enuhito was saying that he has some sort of relationship with AJPW with this? I assume it just means they'd have no problem if their guys went to work for him now and again?

AJ Styles is still injured, he was held off of the World Tag League show today, meaning a bye victory for Goto and Shibata.

Apparently the issue isn't with his back, but a newly-suffered hip injury.

Its a herniated disc in the back according to Meltz, which sounds pretty serious, he might not be in fighting shape for WK10 which would be disastrous :(

Naito vs Naka?????

Kaladin

Tough Enough winner was introduced at the live NXT event in Orlando last night with the new ring name: Bronson Mathews.

Daria also debut'd on the show as Daria "The Jersey Devil". She actually wrestled Nia Jax.

Also, Rich Swann wrestled in the opening match.

miserable

Tough Enough winner was introduced at the live NXT event in Orlando last night with the new ring name: Bronson Mathews.

Daria also debut'd on the show as Daria "The Jersey Devil". She actually wrestled Nia Jax.

can't wait for the "Diarrhea cha-cha-cha" chants from the Full Sail Universe

Also, Rich Swann wrestled in the opening match.

tumblr_ntkg6mAnO41ue7iyeo1_540.gif

I'm kind of surprised that, with WrestleMania looking pretty slim right now, that they haven't tried to make Akebono/Big Show 2 happen.

Kaladin

I think I need another cup of coffee.

How the hell did Japanese wrestling become a trending topic in Facebook?

ZaofW43.jpg

Did the internet discover Japanese wrestling? Should we tell them this is tame?

Top Bottom