• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

CVZxqZSW4AAwfyF.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It seems like from what you're saying, you had a pretty good experience working with Vince. Do you feel like he's more accessible and open-minded than his reputation leads people to believe?

If that reputation is still around, then it's a myth. He likes guys who knock on his door. He's a creative mastermind, so he likes it when you come in and pitch him an idea so he can sit there and think about it with you. You can talk about the creative side of wrestling with him. I think there's a stigma that Vince's door is more intimidating than he is. When I came back, I wasn't afraid to knock on his door anymore, but I was delighted that once I did, he was really easy to talk to. He was really easy to pitch ideas to, and he was listening to what you just pitched him, and he would give feedback. He might give you different ideas. He was really cool to work with.

It seems like from what you're saying, you had a pretty good experience working with Vince. Do you feel like he's more accessible and open-minded than his reputation leads people to believe?

If that reputation is still around, then it's a myth. He likes guys who knock on his door. He's a creative mastermind, so he likes it when you come in and pitch him an idea so he can sit there and think about it with you. You can talk about the creative side of wrestling with him. I think there's a stigma that Vince's door is more intimidating than he is. When I came back, I wasn't afraid to knock on his door anymore, but I was delighted that once I did, he was really easy to talk to. He was really easy to pitch ideas to, and he was listening to what you just pitched him, and he would give feedback. He might give you different ideas. He was really cool to work with.
I don't like this response, so I'm gonna ignore it and make Roman look strong.

Thorakai

so it really is the millennials

Yousefb

yes! Yousefb, FAVE FIVE WRESTLER, NOW
Yeah, give us a Fave Five!

Everyone give a Fave Five Wrestler list!

However this time...the twist is...

WWE Active Fave Five

not much of a twist considering people don't get out much
Ah shit it's list time? Let's see. It's hard to just pick 5 if I really think about all my faves growing up but if I had to narrow it down I'd say, and in no particular order.

The Rock
Stone Cold
Bret Hart
Edge
HBK

Edit: screw it fave six cause Kurt Angle is a legend.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heel and Dream, I have a question.

I believe the UFC is supposed to be a shoot. For the sake of kayfabe, it's supposed to be on the level, right? Ideally you'd win matches and work your way up a card and you would know your opponent based off title rankings.

Now, why is Dana Brooke trying to 'find' CM Punk an opponent? Shouldn't he just fight the person at the bottom? A-are they kayfabing?

Ithil

I believe the UFC is supposed to be a shoot. For the sake of kayfabe, it's supposed to be on the level, right? Ideally you'd win matches and work your way up a card and you would know your opponent based off title rankings.

Now, why is Dana Brooke trying to 'find' CM Punk an opponent? Shouldn't he just fight the person at the bottom? A-are they kayfabing?

Because they want him to win his fight and he's only a rookie doing his first fight, but too big a name to put down in the prelims.

Caderfix

Everyone give a Fave Five Wrestler list!

However this time...the twist is...

WWE Active Fave Five

1 - Seth Rollins
2 - Kevin Owens
3 - Daniel Bryan
4 - Brock
5 - Rusev

If they can't be injured
1 - Kevin Owens
2 - Brock
3 - Rusev
4 - Luke Harper
5 - Wade Barrett (I hope he's not forced out of the list again)

Boots sold out, you son of a bitch

If I've sold out, then someone, somewhere owes me some fucking money haha!

Yeah! It worked.

Is there a watching guide or something like that?

To watch the shows and the youtube promos and all that?

Thanks!

General consensus is that Chapter 7's the best place to start, that's when they really found their feet and the epic Jimmy Havoc storyline began. Some of the youtube stuff is cool, but not essential. If you want to jump right in and watch some of the newer shows (which are generally of a better quality than the early ones), Chapter 20 is probably you're best bet as that's where the Havoc stuff ended.

If I've sold out, then someone, somewhere owes me some fucking money haha!

General consensus is that Chapter 7's the best place to start, that's when they really found their feet and the epic Jimmy Havoc storyline began. Some of the youtube stuff is cool, but not essential. If you want to jump right in and watch some of the newer shows (which are generally of a better quality than the early ones), Chapter 20 is probably you're best bet as that's where the Havoc stuff ended.

Ah, I want to start from the beginning. On the 14 I finish the masters first semester and I get a 2 month vacation, so I have plenty of time to check everything.

Heel

Phil Brooks is a 37 year old man with an 0-0 record and no amateur background in need of an opponent that would be sanctioned by a reputable athletic commission. That opponent doesn't exist in the UFC.

Ah, I want to start from the beginning. On the 14 I finish the masters first semester and I get a 2 month vacation, so I have plenty of time to check everything.

Ah, cool - don't get me wrong, there's some good stuff on the early shows (Chapter 1 has a great Zack Sabre vs Marty Scurll match, for instance), but I've seen people put off by the smaller venue the lower-rent production. With the move up in venue (from a 300 person nightclub to a 700 person one) they also upgraded the cameras, the lighting, etc.

Savitar

Where did wrestling crowds go??

4lB0lz2.gif

One of the crazier things I've heard lately is some places that the WWE has been too lately tell the fans to not go nuts like this. That your suppose to stay seated and quiet. Why? I got no idea. Maybe it was all a bunch of BS but if not, whats the point.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of the crazier things I've heard lately is some places that the WWE has been too lately tell the fans to not go nuts like this. That your suppose to stay seated and quiet. Why? I got no idea. Maybe it was all a bunch of BS but if not, whats the point.

Because the modern WWE fan 'going nuts' is chanting Husky Harris, You Suck Cena, and We Are Awesome. They don't add to the match now, they only subtract and try to draw attention to themselves.

Thanks Paul Heyman.

Recall

Arena security hate paying crowds. Go to anything in the uk in an arena or stadium and some prick is always telling you to sit down, stop having fun.

Fox318

Phil Brooks is a 37 year old man with an 0-0 record and no amateur background in need of an opponent that would be sanctioned by a reputable athletic commission. That opponent doesn't exist in the UFC.

UFC does own the pride brand.

CM Punk to debut against Gerard Gordeau.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My copy of Xenoblade is shipped via UPS. This is the first time I've not gone digital in years. I go to work in 2 hours and it is still not here because UPS is fucking garbage. If I went digital, I would have been playing at 11 last night.

Physical goods are trash and I can't wait until they're erradicated

Recall

My copy of Xenoblade is shipped via UPS. This is the first time I've not gone digital in years. I go to work in 2 hours and it is still not here because UPS is fucking garbage. If I went digital, I would have been playing at 11 last night.

Digital goods are expensive as fuck and take forever on the shitty broadband offered here.

Amazon sells a disc for £32 yet PSN charges £59.99. 6 months from now that disc will be £20 and that digital copy will still be £59.99.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

If Dana Brooke is helping her ex-coworker who she's probably never met find a job, then its definitely kayfabe.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I bought the collector's edition...and bought it digitally.

Top Bottom