• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

thefro

Huh, according to Flair on his podcast, Orton's injury might be really bad and keep him out until 2017.

Flair also said:
- Owens was supposed to be in the main event of Raw originally (when he went home sick)
- Charlotte's supposed to face either Sasha or Bayley at WM right now.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Flair also said:
- Owens was supposed to be in the main event of Raw originally (when he went home sick)
- Charlotte's supposed to face either Sasha or Bayley at WM right now.

I hope it's Sasha. Putting Bayley in a title match at WM just three months after her debut would be insane.

Recall

Unless someone has actually played NNK, then any criticism on that game is perfectly valid. What a pretty looking but completely mindless game that was.

Agreed.

The combat system was trash, everything else was either excellent or had real promise.

klonere

Banned
Kamaitachi vs Dragon Lee was a ton of fun, as per usual - can't wait to see these two blow the roof off Korakuen Hall next January!

I watched this when you guys linked it in the thread.

These guys are fucking insane. That shit has to be so damaging to ones body.

Also the Havoc stuff in PROGRESS is another level. Can't wait to see where it goes from the initial turn. Hell the turn itself was simple but so incredibly effective and made a lot of sense.

I hope it's Sasha. Putting Bayley in a title match at WM just three months after her debut would be insane.

For all they haven't exactly shone a spotlight on Sasha since she came up, they also haven't buried her at all. She gets regular wins (often dirty, but that's fine she's a heel) and she has rarely (never?) taken a pin or tap out as of yet. So I can buy the idea of them building her up.

Sasha might benefit from a little promo time - but alone, not in a dueling promo with Charlotte or anyone else. She should get a few minutes to establish The Boss character in her own words.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For all they haven't exactly shone a spotlight on Sasha since she came up, they also haven't buried her at all. She gets regular wins (often dirty, but that's fine she's a heel) and she has rarely (never?) taken a pin or tap out as of yet. So I can buy the idea of them building her up.

Sasha might benefit from a little promo time - but alone, not in a dueling promo with Charlotte or anyone else. She should get a few minutes to establish The Boss character in her own words.

Sasha loses all the time actually.

Also the Havoc stuff in PROGRESS is another level. Can't wait to see where it goes from the initial turn. Hell the turn itself was simple but so incredibly effective and made a lot of sense.

That was something I really loved about the storyline, Havoc laid out his motivations in that original promo and they all made sense - there was a grain of truth to his grievances and, in a way, he had been wronged by PROGRESS and the fans. Just a really well thought out and executed turn, one of my favourite moments watching a show in person as well.

Raw64life

I'm trying to think of the last time anything in wrestling got me as hype as this Ni no Kuni II announcement did. Gotta go pretty far back.

Menome

Finally watching Survivor Series 1998. Up to the Undertaker/Rock match.

What is Mankind's story and why is Vince backing him?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finally watching Survivor Series 1998. Up to the Undertaker/Rock match.

What is Mankind's story and why is Vince backing him?

Mankind wants to be loved by someone. Anyone. He was chosen by Vince (as Corporate Dude Love) as the one to beat Austin to bring home the belt but recently has been clinging to McMahon (his "daddy") like a little lost puppy. He just recently brought out Mr. Socko to cheer up Vince after Stone Cold put him in a hospital bed. All signs point to Vince rigging the tournament for him.

Menome

Mankind wants to be loved by someone. Anyone. He was chosen by Vince (as Corporate Dude Love) as the one to beat Austin to bring home the belt but recently has been clinging to McMahon (his "daddy") like a little lost puppy. He just recently brought out Mr. Socko to cheer up Vince after Stone Cold put him in a hospital bed. All signs point to Vince rigging the tournament for him.

Cheers, that clears things up. :)

9O4yX0r.jpg
'

I love it, Draggle!

Oersted

We have 2 threads about a t-shirt. A t-shirt.

Someone go make a thread about the Dudley merch and tell the world how ugly it is

We have 2 threads about a t-shirt. A t-shirt.

Would it be wrong for me to equate the intense desire some have to see Crash Bandicoot return around these gaming parts as bizarre as if we all here in Wrasslegaf suddenly decided we really needed X-Pac, in 2016?

Menome

Dang, actually felt kind of sorry for Mankind at the end of all that.

So, after Survivor Series 1998 I just start going through all the RAWs, I don't have to worry about Smackdown?

I'm working through all the Lapsed Fan episodes and it's really highlighting how lousy Bryan and Vinny has become. I think Alvarez is burned out on the subject and brings a lot of negativity to all the podcasts he's on, which sadly is nearly every WO podcast. Somehow the Lapsed Fan hosts manage to elevate even the stupid things in pro wrestling, whereas most every Alvarez-helmed podcast makes even a good show come across as a total slog.

klonere

Banned
I'm working through all the Lapsed Fan episodes and it's really highlighting how lousy Bryan and Vinny has become. I think Alvarez is burned out on the subject and brings a lot of negativity to all the podcasts he's on, which sadly is nearly every WO podcast. Somehow the Lapsed Fan hosts manage to elevate even the stupid things in pro wrestling, whereas most every Alvarez-helmed podcast makes even a good show come across as a total slog.

? Their NXT reviews are effusive, almost mark-ish praise, their ROH reviews are generally much the same and they absolutely gushed about the Crockett stuff that was put up on the network. The old TNA stuff that I listened to before the sub felt like it existed to be hilariously negative and even then they had praise for it in when they were doing the tail end of the New York tapings and the UK tour.

Now granted I've only just started with my WON sub but I've found the negativity revolves around Raw/Smackdown (which they stopped reviewing) plus related PPVs and is more or less justified.

? Their NXT reviews are effusive, almost mark-ish praise, their ROH reviews are generally much the same and they absolutely gushed about the Crockett stuff that was put up on the network. The old TNA stuff that I listened to before the sub felt like it existed to be hilariously negative and even then they had praise for it in when they were doing the tail end of the New York tapings and the UK tour.

Now granted I've only just started with my WON sub but I've found the negativity revolves around Raw/Smackdown (which they stopped reviewing) plus related PPVs and is more or less justified.

Your opinion might change after a while. I've had my sub around a year, and I was absolutely in love with B & V for a long time. But now I feel like:

NXT reviews are basically play-by-plays followed by "this was awesome". PPV reviews are like that too.
ROH reviews are extremely rare.
TNA is something they switched to because Smackdown was too horrible, then proceeded to complain about how horrible TNA was.

In fairness, a show like Lapsed Fan has a lot more to draw from, but I've found a Lapsed Fan review of a pretty horrid WM like WM 2 was still more fun than practically any B & V review lately.

klonere

Banned
Like there are lengthy periods of Lapsed podcasts devoted to mocking whoever annoys one of them in the slightest like Bruce Hart (to a comical and distracting degree), HHH, Nash and most recently Bob Caudle who they rib on every other fucking minute in increasingly unfunny ways.

Maybe I will turn around on B & V but right now they are fun, concise and entertaining

JavyOO7

I was sad that due to Vinny's busy schedule with his other site that he and Bryan and Craig had to stop with the RAW reviews on Tuesdays, but they still do it on Thursdays or Sundays I believe. I am behind though, I listen to most of the WO/FF podcasts and I'm up to around Nov 19. Meltzer and Bryan talking to someone about the life of Nick Bockwinkel.

I don't think Bryan or Vinny (or Craig) are burnt out on wrestling though. Its just RAW is really sucky right now. They get hyped with retro Nitro's and Raw's, like NXT a lot, marked out like crazy for Luca Underground, like many of the crazy matches in NJPW and other feds... they just don't like RAW/Smackdown. Honestly, I can't blame them. I know they've boycotted Smackdown until early next year. They'll watch it for a bit because WWE will treat it like an "A" show for a bit, but then I'm sure those guys will stop watching it because it'll be like how it is now... a nothing show.

Maybe it's me that's burned out on them. I think I got a bit fatigued with all the whats-being-watched-when reshuffling, the decline of Fig4 Dailies, Alvarez' kinda lousy treatment of his friends, etc. Perhaps when I'm through this 300+ hours of Lapsed Fans, I'll be whining about them and pining for B & Vs.

Fox318

Honestly I don't think Vinny cares anymore.

And the segments with Bryans grandmother is some of the worst stuff ever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The real amazing thing about Lapsed fan is how it can legitimately take them three hours to start a show but five minutes after the main event starts the show is always over.

Top Bottom