• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Bronx-Man

Banned
Indie wrestling works by combining really lame elements with other lame elements and then wrapping that up in a boring and shit package and taking it on tour.

You'd be better off swantoning into a colour blade for no money in your alkie best friend's garden
tumblr_inline_n3w3udYuRx1rnvvfh.png

Indie wrestling works by combining really lame elements with other lame elements and then wrapping that up in a boring and shit package and taking it on tour.

You'd be better off swantoning into a colour blade for no money in your alkie best friend's garden
No lies detected. Tell us more friend.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I tried to look up what I could of CWA to see if there was anything online and from what I gather, they used to wrestle in the parking lot of a K-Mart.

That's pretty good!

The next face of NXT
OxL47tk.png

I don't know if he's quite as good as The Rock Jr though. I need to see him in action and more importantly, I need to see his entrance

rrc1594

I tried to look up what I could of CWA to see if there was anything online and from what I gather, they used to wrestle in the parking lot of a K-Mart.

That's pretty good!

The next face of NXT
OxL47tk.png

I don't know if he's quite as good as The Rock Jr though. I need to see him in action and more importantly, I need to see his entrance

LMAO WTF. Damn I love the Westling business

jred2k

NoRéN;188112946 said:
I'm certain that I met the most annoying wrestling fan today. Dude could not shut the fuck up.
There is a guy that goes to the local indie and yells "Fuck him in the ass!" during entire matches. He also holds up a sign that just says "CUNT", so there's that too.

Fox318

There is a guy that goes to the local indie and yells "Fuck him in the ass!" during entire matches. He also holds up a sign that just says "CUNT", so there's that too.
What is it about wrestling that attracts these people?

Honestly I wish all wrestling promotions would start kicking people out. If somebody was being that obnoxious at a mma fight, sports event, comedy show, or play they would get kicked out.

Why does wrestling get to be the exception?

PROGRESS shows are self-policing, as there's only one rule: "DON'T BE A DICK!", which the crowd of 700 strong will chant at you if you are indeed being a dick.

Fox318

People can blame ECW crowds but at least they were in to the product.

Whenever I hear stories like that it just makes me think that for a generation now the people running wrestling promtions haven't listened to their fans long enough that it created a justifiable outrage and most fans are ok with people trying to ruin the event.

It's like the disatifaction with WWE and its resistance to changing its ways has creeped into wrestling culture and its here to stay.

Might as well be Cena's legacy. A split crowd and a legacy of not listening to what the pulse of the people is.

Watching these old Starcades is just depressing when you compare wrestling crowds today. Maybe it's because the illusion of it being treated as a sport is dead because of the cartoon style wwf that indoctrinated people with wrestling?

Jamie OD

JR's twitter is apparently hacked and linking to a UK site saying he died. It also links to some sort of Leeds United fanclub page which I find funny.

Recall

PWG could really begin to understand that not every match needs 15-20 minutes as I'm watching stuff that is fun at the start and exciting at the end but the middle portion is just tedious bullshit that only highlights the downfalls of most Indy wrestlers and doesn't exist to build up the finish but just to seemingly fill time.

The Candice LaRae stuff from 2014 is the only content where they had a story going and it genuinely made you interested in the match outcomes. Zack Sabre Jr is ace and I like Adam Cole's "I'm a cocky dickhead" routine.

PWG could really begin to understand that not every match needs 15-20 minutes as I'm watching stuff that is fun at the start and exciting at the end but the middle portion is just tedious bullshit that only highlights the downfalls of most Indy wrestlers and doesn't exist to build up the finish but just to seemingly fill time.

The Candice LaRae stuff from 2014 is the only content where they had a story going and it genuinely made you interested in the match outcomes. Zack Sabre Jr is ace and I like Adam Cole's "I'm a cocky dickhead" routine.

Storylines aren't PWG's forte - also, the whole deal with PWG is that they make no concessions for card placement, every match feels like it's being wrestled as a main event, even if it's the opener. Expecting anything different from them is futile as, to their minds, there's no reason for them to change when they're selling out shows and a ton of DVDs.

I like PWG, even though I share much of the same complaints as you (I vary rarely make it through a PWG show in one sitting because their shows are so tiring), but it's no use wishing they'd do things differently, because they won't. Thankfully, there's other indies out there (https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com/ - only a dollar with the code PWP99CENT!).

Recall

Storylines aren't PWG's forte - also, the whole deal with PWG is that they make no concessions for card placement, every match feels like it's being wrestled as a main event, even if it's the opener. Expecting anything different from them is futile as, to their minds, there's no reason for them to change when they're selling out shows and a ton of DVDs.

I like PWG, even though I share much of the same complaints as you (I vary rarely make it through a PWG show in one sitting because their shows are so tiring), but it's no use wishing they'd do things differently, because they won't. Thankfully, there's other indies out there (https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com/ - only a dollar with the code PWP99CENT!).

We all complain about WWE even its proved to be futile though I guess PWG fans like the product where as WWE fans have more of a reason to complain.

Also thanks for the link and suggestion.

So, I'm guessing that's knock-off Randy Orton, knock-off Steve Austin and on the far right, knock-off John Cena (That got his face down good). Is #3 middle-aged Roman Reigns?

Nah, going by the headsculpts it's White Rock, Kane, BikerTaker and The Prototype.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's been happening for a few weeks now, since the last Takeover I think. It irks me too.

It's understandable though - they've started integrating NXT stuff into WWE's universe a lot more over the last year since its exploded in popularity. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised at all if NXT matches started getting slots on actual WWE PPVs in the future.

Watching the latest njpw on axs(honma vs Ishii). This match was crazy good.

New Japan needs to open their doors to the BJW HOSS Divison ASAP.

Also Mauro and Josh are the commentators of the year

Carnby

A friend just gifted me an autographed Bryan Danielson ROH "Final Countdown" shirt. It's from the night of Bryan's last ROH match.

Who would you put in an American Males reboot? Ziggler and Fandango? Keep the theme music and get Buff as their manager. That's money, brother.

Top Bottom