• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Orton, so out of nowhere he's also the master of stealth, lil 'naitch didn't hear a thing.

Given that Orton's out until 2017, I can only assume his return will just be a legit out of nowhere RKO

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shibata vs. The Forces of EVIL.

That's the obvious combo, but I'd like to make it something other than 2 white dudes. Is Jennifer Hudson's husband still on the roster? We can use him for this.

I looked it up and not only is he employed, he's one of the regular Pre-Show hosts (I didn't even know Raw HAD a pre-show, so there's that...), so I guess he's doing more than say, Heath Slater is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Big E is already contractually tied up with my other WCW reboot tag team
x240-ZaP.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who would you guys pick to be in the new Fantastics?

QvLQurA.gif

Depends on what makes someone a Fantastic. If you're just looking for homoerotic subtext, anything can be interesting. But if you're looking for some surprisingly hot tag teams that'd have people going nuts for them with some old school flavor, welllllll...

Young Bucks scream old school flavor

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As much as I enjoy the success stories out of tag teams, I also really love the tag teams where you don't even know them by the wrestlers names. You ONLY know them by the tag team name. Like if they were in singles you'd think they were some nobody jobbers but you see 'Can Am Express' and you're like 'aw shit son'

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As much as I enjoy the success stories out of tag teams, I also really love the tag teams where you don't even know them by the wrestlers names. You ONLY know them by the tag team name. Like if they were in singles you'd think they were some nobody jobbers but you see 'Can Am Express' and you're like 'aw shit son'

The Rockers were totally this for me as a kid.

Depends on what makes someone a Fantastic. If you're just looking for homoerotic subtext, anything can be interesting. But if you're looking for some surprisingly hot tag teams that'd have people going nuts for them with some old school flavor, welllllll...

Young Bucks scream old school flavor

The latter and that's a great suggestion, actually! Reminds me how on the Naylor/Meltzer/Hero shoot they bring up the irony of how much Cornette hates the Bucks, when they're sort-of the modern day Midnight Express.

Any modern day Fantastics would have to be just as great in the ring as Bobby & Tommy, not sure there's many who'd be up to the task.

Yup. This is why I secretly hate tag teams like "Jordan and Gable" where it's just the two dude's names put together. Even the Mega Powers thought of a name rather than being "Hogan and Savage". Jordan and Gable should be StrikeForce 2.0.

Barrage

Yup. This is why I secretly hate tag teams like "Jordan and Gable" where it's just the two dude's names put together. Even the Mega Powers thought of a name rather than being "Hogan and Savage". Jordan and Gable should be StrikeForce 2.0.

I agree.It makes it feel like a real alliance. You couldn't have called Cesaro and Kidd the World-Wide Warriors or something? Anything!

Oh my, the TNA lunatic fringe thinks Styles is faking his injuries, skipping out on Final Battle and Wrestle Kingdom so he can work TNA's TV tapings for that shitty new channel they're on now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Was Goldberg just a better booked Ryback?

Goldberg was a charismatic powerhouse that was booked well.

Ryback isn't booked well, has a mediocre personality and isn't half as strong as they pretend he is. Also, he needs a dentist to fix his crooked ass teeth. So no, your statement is false.

Jamie OD

wait, what?

TNA's first taping for Pop TV is on the 5th January. The guys on TNA Mecca think that would be the perfect time for AJ Styles to come back. If that isn't enough to make you laugh then know that at least one of them will settle for Rey Mysterio if Styles can't make it.

Haha, sorry for my egregious comments on indie wrestling last night folks. It might look like I was bait posting, but in reality I was just drunk and speaking too freely.

If we can't get AJ Styles, I'll settle for Rey Mysterio. If we can't get him, let's get 2 Cold Scorpio. If he isn't available, let's get that guy Kenny Omega wrestles a lot.

Oi!

Oh right, they're all cunts, sure. I'm wary of people who are into soccer anyway.

LOL, don't get me wrong - Leeds is a lovely place
for a town in the northern wilds
, but there's a reason fans of Leeds United are so universally reviled. They're like the Millwall of ooop north.

Top Bottom