• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

JavyOO7

When the WrassleGAF awards come in this year there should be a section where people here put their favorite movies of the year. That way, when 2016 comes, I'll keep an eye on these movies when they show up on Netflix and etc...

All I have seen so far in 2015 is ExMachina (pretty good) and Pixar's Inside Out (also pretty good).

Sephzilla

When the WrassleGAF awards come in this year there should be a section where people here put their favorite movies of the year. That way, when 2016 comes, I'll keep an eye on these movies when they show up on Netflix and etc...

All I have seen so far in 2015 is ExMachina (pretty good) and Pixar's Inside Out (also pretty good).

See Mad Max Fury Road, like right fucking now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What is Krampus? I hate horror, is it that?

It's a PG-13 Horror movie though. It's like Gremlins or An American Werewolf where it's a little spooky but it's... If you were a kid and saw it, you'd be fucked up for a while but as an adult it's just an enjoyable, ridiculous movie.

What is Krampus? I hate horror, is it that?

It's a horror comedy. No gore or anything crazy, but it's got some decent spooks and for the most part, a lot of practical effects with the exception of maybe one monster. If you enjoyed Gremlins or movies of the same ilk, you'll probably enjoy Krampus. It's a fun time, it wont leave you with nightmares or make you feel sick or anything if that's why you're not into horror.

Plus, the cast is pretty great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's far scarier movies releasing this week
Garbage-Pail-Kids-Movie-Blu-ray.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Even though I just wanted them to give FF7 a new coat of paint and then leave everything else alone, I was okay with them giving it a different gameplay engine. But the whole "it's now an episodic release" thing brought my hype train to a screeching halt. Square is going full carny.

I'm going to buy it anyway because I'm helpless

...I think I'm okay with episodic releases.

They can't change the story that much to begin with since it's the most beloved RPG of all time and all it's calculated to do is make the game come out faster and they'll assuredly pack it together like they did with the After Years. Honestly, episodic content in the Walking Dead games was basically fine, and those aren't even great games. FF7 is a game where everyone buying it knows the entire plot.

It's a PG-13 Horror movie though. It's like Gremlins or An American Werewolf where it's a little spooky but it's... If you were a kid and saw it, you'd be fucked up for a while but as an adult it's just an enjoyable, ridiculous movie.
It's a horror comedy. No gore or anything crazy, but it's got some decent spooks and for the most part, a lot of practical effects with the exception of maybe one monster. If you enjoyed Gremlins or movies of the same ilk, you'll probably enjoy Krampus. It's a fun time, it wont leave you with nightmares or make you feel sick or anything if that's why you're not into horror.

Plus, the cast is pretty great.

Dope. I saw Adam Scott was in it, so that piqued interest.

somedevil

Sami Zayn is now officially back:

Former WWE NXT Champion Sami Zayn, who has been promoted for the U.K. tour of NXT that starts on Thursday in Newcastle, is scheduled to be wrestling on the tour.

Zayn, who is returning after shoulder surgery six months ago, is advertised for these dates:

- Thursday in Newcastle
- Friday in Glasgow
- Saturday in Sheffield
- Sunday in Blackpool
- Monday in Nottingham
- Tuesday in Cardiff
- Wednesday in London (live NXT Takeover special)

The only match he's advertised in is for Sheffield -- a three-way match for the NXT title with champion Finn Balor and Baron Corbin. Also advertised on that show is Bayley vs. Emma for the women's title and Samoa Joe vs. Apollo Crews.

So it seems like he will be wrestling on the Takeover special. He healed faster than Itami who seems to not be coming back till January.

klonere

Banned
What's WrassleGAF's Fav 5 for music in 2015? Mine so far is

1: Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
Sweeping, bleeding with passion, diverse, lush instrumentation, compelling lyricism, conceptually pleasing. All that good shit. An important album that doesn't lose sight of having really incredible music as its core.

2: Deafheaven - New Bermuda
I've really been slacking on metal this year but Deafheaven didn't slack with the follow up to Dream House. While not quite reaching the highs of that release, New Bermuda is far more consistent and further proves that black metal with lots of melodies still works while remaining raw as fuck.

3. Vince Staples - Summertime 06
Treads the same ground as TPAB but with a restrained voice that is more in touch with its contemporaries. Some incredible standout tracks (the Senorita > Summertime one two is unmatched this year) with even the "filler" tracks remaining unskippable .

4. bvdub- A Step in the Dark
bvdub is to me as Cesaro is to fox318 - I am an unrepentant stan for this guy's output and even for his clear flaws think he should have a wider audience. A Step in the Dark contains his trademark sound but with his penchant for overloading tracks with Oscar bait levels of emotional manipulation held back and channeled into a dark, moody record that doesn't outstay its welcome, like a lot of bvdub albums do.

5. Kamal Washington - The Epic
It's a 3 hour jazz album that while is of course dense is also approachable, digestible (!) and fun. Mute your TV and listen to this while Raw rolls on! You'll thank me. It again shares thematic similarities with TPAB but never overwhelms you with its conceptual drive. Instead The Epic focuses on making each track a platform for a different set of ideas and a different set of instruments. Also contains one of my favorite interpretations of Clair de Lune.

Hon. Mention:
Drake & Future - What A Time To Be Alive
Should be kept in a time capsule as a piece that marks what was cool, what was the aesthetic of 2015 pop culture. Bangers on bangers on bangers, addictive listenability. The insanely high level of production emotes far better than Drake or Future ever manage and demands better than some smart lines/catchy hooks about popping bottles, lots of casual sex and making that paper.

Bronx-Man

Banned
What's WrassleGAF's Fav 5 for music in 2015? Mine so far is

1: Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
Sweeping, bleeding with passion, diverse, lush instrumentation, compelling lyricism, conceptually pleasing. All that good shit. An important album that doesn't lose sight of having really incredible music as its core.

2: Deafheaven - New Bermuda
I've really been slacking on metal this year but Deafheaven didn't slack with the follow up to Dream House. While not quite reaching the highs of that release, New Bermuda is far more consistent and further proves that black metal with lots of melodies still works while remaining raw as fuck.

3. Vince Staples - Summertime 06
Treads the same ground as TPAB but with a restrained voice that is more in touch with its contemporaries. Some incredible standout tracks (the Senorita > Summertime one two is unmatched this year) with even the "filler" tracks remaining unskippable .

4. bvdub- A Step in the Dark
bvdub is to me as Cesaro is to fox316 - I am an unrepentant stan for this guy's output and even for his clear flaws think he should have a wider audience. A Step in the Dark contains his trademark sound but with his penchant for overloading tracks with Oscar bait levels of emotional manipulation held back and channeled into a dark, moody record that doesn't outstay its welcome, like a lot of bvdub albums do.

5. Kamal Washington - The Epic
It's a 3 hour jazz album that while is of course dense is also approachable, digestible (!) and fun. Mute your TV and listen to this while Raw rolls on! You'll thank me. It again shares thematic similarities with TPAB but never overwhelms you with its conceptual drive. Instead The Epic focuses on making each track a platform for a different set of ideas and a different set of instruments. Also contains one of my favorite interpretations of Clair de Lune.

Hon. Mention:
Drake & Future - What A Time To Be Alive
Should be kept in a time capsule as a piece that marks what was cool, what was the aesthetic of 2015 pop culture. Bangers on bangers on bangers, addictive listenability. The insanely high level of production emotes far better than Drake or Future ever manage and demands better than some smart lines/catchy hooks about popping bottles, lots of casual sex and making that paper.
We're not so different after all, klonere. Btw, his name is Kamasi Washington.

UberTag

My current Top 5 of 2015...

1. Mad Max: Fury Road
2. Youth
3. Creed
4. Inside Out
5. Son of Saul

Still have a bunch to watch before awards season kicks into full steam. Suspect that Carol, The Hateful Eight and James White could break into my Top 5 of the year.

klonere

Banned
We're not so different after all, klonere. Btw, his name is Kamasi Washington.

Oops. 2015 was pretty good year for music, personally. I have alot to catch up on though, I basically stopped listening to new music from January to June of this year.

But like most years, I won't ever catch up. 1st world problems.

bjork

51:10 and the lady answers. Total time it takes to get my info out: about 40 seconds.

I swear. Just an automated thing would be infinitely easier.

klonere

Banned
Who would've thought that out of everyone here, Kofi would be the only one that's still a champion.

Punk aside, Cody is the most tragic waste on this list. He lost that to Big Show at WM for no good raisin.

BIG SHOW. IN 5 MINUTES. And of course everything that happened after that was in the same "start to really break through then have momentum killed for no reason" pattern of every fucking person in that company.

somedevil

No, the sadder part is that all these years later, the tag title is still his glass ceiling

I doubt he is sad at all. Right now he is at highest up the card he has every been. He is in the best act on Raw right now, at his most popular he has ever been at and actually has merchandise that is selling.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sami Zayn is now officially back:

So it seems like he will be wrestling on the Takeover special. He healed faster than Itami who seems to not be coming back till January.

I guess I don't understand what the real point of bringing him back now vs. a surprise Rumble appearance is.

bjork

I guess I don't understand what the real point of bringing him back now vs. a surprise Rumble appearance is.

Probably better for him. He wouldn't get the pop of a Cena or Orton, so if they went him out to just a decent reception instead of overwhelming at a Rumble, he'd be in a bunny suit in weeks. Hell, look at how they shit on Rey simply because he wasn't Bryan.

bjork

He will probably get another run at NXT, giving him time to rehab and get back to 100% ring shape before going up to the main roster.

Night after Wrestlemania, he jumps the new world champ Kevin Owens, fresh off his clean pin of Brock Lesnar.

Angry Grimace

He will probably get another run at NXT, giving him time to rehab and get back to 100% ring shape before going up to the main roster.

I guess I just don't see a reason to randomly give him a new NXT run.

Ithil

The audience at large doesn't watch NXT, let alone will be attending these non-televised house shows. His appearance at a Rumble would still be the first time since that RAW match he's seen for much of the audience.

Kaladin

The audience at large doesn't watch NXT, let alone will be attending these non-televised house shows. His appearance at a Rumble would still be the first time since that RAW match he's seen for much of the audience.

Yeah, and he was given the perfect intro with that Cena match too. Shame they couldn't capitalize on it. I don't think he will be in NXT for long now though.

Sephzilla

The Rumble crowd is usually Smark City though, so Sami would get a massive pop from the live crowd - which would probably help him in the big picture because all of the more casual fans watching on TV would probably get more interested in him after wondering why the crowd went nuts for him.

klonere

Banned
Had a quick watch of the most recent AJPW show.

It's quite depressing, mostly dudes in their mid 40s, who all looking varying levels of not very good to quite broken down, Aoki who doesn't seem to be early 2015 Aoki, two roided up dudes, a few fat guys with dumb hair and Miyahara all performing in front of sub 1k crowds that aren't all that into the action most of the time.

Yup, quite depressing.

Ithil

The Rumble crowd is usually Smark City though, so Sami would get a massive pop from the live crowd - which would probably help him in the big picture because all of the more casual fans watching on TV would probably get more interested in him after wondering why the crowd went nuts for him.

I think he would get a huge reaction regardless.

somedevil

Yep, him coming back right now is to boost the tour and help sell more tickets. This NXT run should be short. My guess is he does both NXT and Raw through Wrestlemania. Then after that stay on Raw only.

Menome

Fuck it, just missed out on a cheap costume-part on eBay because my connection decided to hang when making an end-of-auction bid.

Menome

optional and not required at all. your first intro to this is merely a tutorial. I killed like, 3 animals in the entire game.

After that bit, does it go back to just the tombing and the raiding? All I want to do is jump around pretty-looking architecture, shoot some guys and cause untold damage to priceless ruins.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Movies aren't important, I don't think I've even seen five movies this year. It's so passive, and you can't enjoy them while doing something else unless you've already seent it.

Fuck movies. TV is easier to digest and fits in a busy person's schedule a lot easier.

bjork

I'm still waiting on my Vince amnesia angle. It's guaranteed to reset the product and generate mass profits. Do it

Top Bottom