• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Fox318

tumblr_mdsgqzWgDC1rawb5do1_500.gif

R4dNiC.gif

I wouldn't really call that graphic even for the time.

Plus lets at least admit that those 2 scenes were effective in communicating the story.

Now as to the recent Zig-man comment:

Live crowd didn't really react to it
TV crowd probably didn't
It didn't help generate extra heat in the feud
I don't think a face says that
I don't think this Ryback incarnation says that.

Only person who wanted that line is was a bitter old man in the back laughing by himself.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That was the most throwaway humor line anyways and was totally set up by Lana and Rusev randomly mentioning they didn't go all the way. As far as tasteless shit the WWE does that's like a 2 on a tenscale.

As far as Becky being the only face in the women's division, that's what happens when you stick to the same-old same-old "all women are bitches" thing they do, which occasionally JBL likes to actually say out loud, which is just hilarious. Then again, it seems like the WWE in general is split like 70-30 in favor of heels, especially in the singles competitors.

I wouldn't really call that graphic even for the time.

Plus lets at least admit that those 2 scenes were effective in communicating the story.

Now as to the recent Zig-man comment:

Live crowd didn't really react to it
TV crowd probably didn't
It didn't help generate extra heat in the feud
I don't think a face says that
I don't think this Ryback incarnation says that.

Only person who wanted that line is was a bitter old man in the back laughing by himself.

But that line was? "I heard the Zig Man went all the way with you." is supposed to be more graphic than a person's arm being cut off?

DMczaf

Meltzer and Alvarez sounded a little defeated during their Raw review. I think it's finally hitting them that it's never getting better.

Last night's Raw was Vince's idea of "shaking things up, doing something different" and that's...scary.

jmdajr

Meltzer and Alvarez sounded a little defeated during their Raw review. I think it's finally hitting them that it's never getting better.

Last night's Raw was Vince's idea of "shaking things up, doing something different" and that's...scary.

What else can they do though? This story is already set into motion.

let's randomly start an alternate timeline!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I really liked WCW's gumption to "reboot" their universe.

Hope the ratings hit a new low. Cena's doing that Hogan plan of leaving while ratings are in the tank and then coming back when they historically get better in January to make it look like he's the one that caused it.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Honestly, I really liked WCW's gumption to "reboot" their universe.
It what Raw needs desperately at this point. Night after WrestleMania, have Triple H cut a promo like the one Vince cut at the start of the Attitude Era. Show starts with a new intro, you see a new stage, new commentary booth, at least 3 NXT guys make their debuts. Enough is enough and it's time for a change.

jmdajr

Hope the ratings hit a new low. Cena's doing that Hogan plan of leaving while ratings are in the tank and then coming back when they historically get better in January to make it look like he's the one that caused it.

Cena is smart!

To be fair, I bet they would go up if he was back no matter what. He matters.

It's fucked up, but I think we all want him back. Especially Liquid.

"Strangers from different lands, fans of old, you have been summoned here to answer the threat of low ratings. All of pro wrestling stands upon the brink of destruction, none may escape it. You will unite or you will fall."

"Bring forth the brass ring, Neville."

tumblr_inline_mi06trVf8X1qz4rgp.jpg

So it is true

"In a dream, Cesaro was back in the indies, trapped in an airplane spin that seemed to never end. But in Connecticut a pale light lingered. A voice cried out and said 'his time is near at hand, soon you will be at the top of the card. All he needs to do is reach for the brass ring and take it' All he has to do...

is to take it"

tumblr_mvx5k9BEI21qizfmwo6_250.gif

Vince Mcmahon:

tumblr_nkjqsdDPMg1u90rb3o5_500.gif

"HE DOESN'T HAVE QUITE THE CHARISMA OR THE VERBAL SKILLS!"

9iWKh4W.gif

Meeting leader: "Never before have those words been uttered here, in the fan council."

Vince: "I do not beg your pardon, meeting leader. It's my company DAMMIT. The brass ring is only for those special few."

"No, it is a gift! A gift to the indie darlings! Why not give Cesaro this ring? Long has our favorites, the veterans of ROH, held the program aloft, with finisher spam and workrate! Give the ring to Cesaro, let us use it to help these ratings!"

"He cannot wield it! He can't carry a show, or work a crowd!

"You have only one choice. The ring must be destroyed."

Daniel Bryan: "Then what are we waiting for?!"

gfotrcouncil8.jpg

w4rV1q2.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It what Raw needs desperately at this point. Night after WrestleMania, have Triple H cut a promo like the one Vince cut at the start of the Attitude Era. Show starts with a new intro, you see a new stage, new commentary booth, at least 3 NXT guys make their debuts. Enough is enough and it's time for a change.

#SuperstarsRevolution

Started by Triple H

klonere

Banned
Excellent work Sibersk. Excellent.

bruh they couldn't even reboot the Divas division with the Horsewomen.

I have no faith they could do anything compelling from a WCW style re-imagining.

Fox318

"Bring forth the brass ring, Neville."
mG4yDrY.gif

"In a dream, Cesaro was back in the indies, trapped in an airplane spin that seemed to never end. But in Connecticut a pale light lingered. A voice cried out and said 'his time is near at hand, soon you will be at the top of the card. All he needs to do is reach for the brass ring and take it' All he has to do...

is to take it"

tumblr_mvx5k9BEI21qizfmwo6_250.gif

Vince Mcmahon:

tumblr_nkjqsdDPMg1u90rb3o5_500.gif

"HE DOESN'T HAVE QUITE THE CHARISMA OR THE VERBAL SKILLS!"

9iWKh4W.gif

Meeting leader: "Never before have those words been uttered here, in the fan council."

Vince: "I do not beg your pardon, meeting leader. It's my company DAMMIT. The brass ring is only for those special few."

"No, it is a gift! A gift to the indie darlings! Why not give Cesaro this ring? Long has our favorites, the veterans of ROH, held the program aloft, with finisher spam and workrate! Give the ring to Cesaro, let us use it to help these ratings!"

"He cannot wield it! He can't carry a show, or work a crowd!
lQuaCnr.gif

Daniel Bryan: "Then what are we waiting for?!"

gfotrcouncil8.jpg

w4rV1q2.gif
AuayFX2.gif

OMG who is this... it's... it's...

rd-evans-tumblrmxfczdllwl1sxhbgro1400-1414772471.jpg

It's the time travelling wrestling himself Archie Pecker!

#Nerd

Vince should be Sauron though, not Gandalf

Vince is the man behind the scenes who took something beloved and then smashed out a bunch of mediocrity in the same WWE universe that has each episode last waaaay longer than it has any right to and is full of muddled booking and mostly unlikeable characters.

Ergo modern Vince is Peter Jackson hobbit trilogy edition.

Anth0ny

Vince is the man behind the scenes who took something beloved and then smashed out a bunch of mediocrity in the same WWE universe that has each episode last waaaay longer than it has any right to and is full of muddled booking and mostly unlikeable characters.

This is literally prequel era George Lucas.

Ithil

Naming yourself after an institution remembered for completely failing at its objective and having to be replaced with a more comprehensive version after the worst war in human history speaks to a low level of self-confidence on Sheamus' part.

Toki767

Naming yourself after an institution remembered for completely failing at its objective and having to be replaced with a more comprehensive version after the worst war in human history speaks to a low level of self-confidence on Sheamus' part.

I bet the writers didn't even know it used to be a thing.

Angry Grimace

At this point, I think it might improve RAW significantly if fans just entered into a silent agreement to pop for Roman Reigns.

Top Bottom