• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

UberTag

Mbqf3Ym.gif
And Zeb was never heard from again in the WWE. We'll miss you Zeb.

I just woke up from almost 6 hours sleep, and I feel good. I just looked at WWE Youtube, and I don't think there's one clip I want to watch from RAW. Better luck next time to those that decide to watch, I hope your luck changes soon.

So the opening to RAW is basically the fight scene from Anchorman?

It is funny how they took the time to form all of these 4 man teams...after survivor series.

Striker

I only tuned in during the first 30 mins, for some scary reason, but it was terrible. They exploded themselves in the opening segment. And it made the champion look weak. Like they're making Roman a Triple H-Cena hybrid.

TLC is this Sunday? Damn. What is the card?

Wyatts vs ECW: Table Elimination Match
Charlotte vs Paige : Divas Championship Match
ADR vs Swagger: Chairs Match (assumed)
Owens vs Ambrose: Intercontinental Title Match
New Day vs Usos vs Lucha Dragons: Ladder Match for Tag Titles
Roman vs Sheamus: TLC Match for WWE WHC

Anth0ny

You missed the best part, where Tommy Dreamer not only pinned one (simultaneously eliminating them all) in the opening match, but lost to another in a squash in the closing match

The rare same-show win exchange

the year is 20xx

mecha vince books every match on the show twice, so each participant can split wins

everyone is 50-50

Rutti

Wyatts vs ECW: Table Elimination Match
Charlotte vs Paige : Divas Championship Match
ADR vs Swagger: Chairs Match (assumed)
Owens vs Ambrose: Intercontinental Title Match
New Day vs Usos vs Lucha Dragons: Ladder Match for Tag Titles
Roman vs Sheamus: TLC Match for WWE WHC

Owens vs Ambrose is the only halfway interesting match and maybe that tag ladder match has some cool spots. Rest are meh.

I'll probably skip this one too.

Like I said: enjoy things until the day after the post-Mania Raw.

If Bryan's not back by then, he isn't coming back.

Bryan's not coming back. I've accepted it, and so should everybody else. WWE don't want to risk it and don't want to risk fans revolting against their plans for him again.

Did we ever hear what his third doctor had to say about him? If the third doctor gave him the go ahead, I have to imagine he'll try to request out of his contract, maybe do Lucha Underground and/or NJPW.

yTvvL6p.png

wait

the wyatts are feuding with ecw guys

jesus christ

" Dudleyville... population... zero, as of this sunday, you will cease to beeee heheheheh... Tommy Dreamer? We'll send you off into a permanent dreaaam heheheh... Rhyno? We'll swarm you like buzzards, waiting for their next meal and take your prized horn of ivorryy hehehehe... This Sundayyyy, me and my Family will tear you all apart limb from limb, just how we have those who came before you...*.You claim to be 'extreme'... heheheh.. we'll show you who the new face of extreme is. CHET! "

1386391715962.gif

*Why(are they wyatts still around?)ats haven't won any feud like ever since Bryan.

Bryan's not coming back. I've accepted it, and so should everybody else. WWE don't want to risk it and don't want to risk fans revolting against their plans for him again.

Did we ever hear what his third doctor had to say about him? If the third doctor gave him the go ahead, I have to imagine he'll try to request out of his contract, maybe do Lucha Underground and/or NJPW.

They haven't met yet apparently. I imagine WWE won't make a serious push for him to get a third opinion until at least the second the Rumble's over just in case.

LOL, I'll just quote myself right about now;

It was probably a combination of the fact that Tenryu, in spite of his terrible condition, gave it his all and probably tried harder than was sensible, while Okada managed to work so well around Tenryu's deficiencies - plus, I believe that Tenryu getting one last award puts him in the top 3 of most awarded Tokyo Sports award winners: 1. Kobashi (35), Jumbo (24), Tenryu & Misawa (22).

Also, Tokyo Sports generally go for the match that got the most attention that year, Nikkan Sports are usually better at picking matches for quality alone.

Of course the Okada MVP pick was political, the narrative is that Okada's the new ace and everything will be done to ensure that - while smarks may roll their eyes and get all pissy, they aren't the people the awards are aimed at, but rather casual fans or those who don't follow wrestling but will now know that "oh, this is the guy who's a big deal right now". The MOTY pick was mostly for Tenryu, though. Because he was the man and deserved to go out with some extra recognition.

There's no doubt Tenryu/Okada had more attention than any other match in Japan this year and that's very likely why it received MOTY. Don't worry about it too much. If it wins MOTY from any other source, then complaints will be deserved

jonjonaug

*Why(are they wyatts still around?)ats haven't won any feud like ever since Bryan.

Bray's beaten Ambrose (which honestly felt more like Wyatt and Ambrose just got it all out of their system rather than a definite "Bray won the feud"), Jericho, and Ryback. He actually wins most of his feuds, but they have no consequences so it doesn't feel like that.

Ryback especially was hilarious, because he came back literally the next night like nothing happened and won the IC title shortly afterward.

EDIT

List of feuds Wyatt won: Kane, Kofi, D-Bry, Ambrose, Jericho, Ryback
List of feuds Wyatt lost: Cena, Undertaker (twice), Reigns

Barrage

Debating buying tickets for the he Dec 30th show in Toronto

30 bucks, but no Reigns or guarantee of New Day

Dunno if can take those odds

Bray's beaten Ambrose (which honestly felt more like Wyatt and Ambrose just got it all out of their system rather than a definite "Bray won the feud"), Jericho, and Ryback. He actually wins most of his feuds, but they have no consequences so it doesn't feel like that.

Ryback especially was hilarious, because he came back literally the next night like nothing happened and won the IC title shortly afterward.

EDIT

List of feuds Wyatt won: Kane, Kofi, D-Bry, Ambrose, Jericho, Ryback
List of feuds Wyatt lost: Cena, Undertaker (twice), Reigns

Well, we know who made who strong.

I understand sacrificing Kane and Jericho, but the burial of Kofi, Bryan Ambrose and Ryback have me scratching my head.

Mahonay

Banned
It feels awesome not watching RAW at all anymore. Even better not even feeling the urge to skim through later. Reading the Reddit Post RAW thread does the job.

Between Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 I've had no time spare time to watch much wrestling, let alone wrestling that has some of the most uninspired and shit booking I've ever witnessed in my 29 years.

If a tree falls in a forest, but there's no one around to hear it...? I guess making a 25 minute Zeus match watchable does deserve some recognition, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If a tree falls in a forest, but there's no one around to hear it...? I guess making a 25 minute Zeus match watchable does deserve some recognition, though.

I mean... I can't imagine there's a huge crowd difference inbetween a NOAH and an AJPW match in 2015

I haven't watched RAW consistently since the shift to PG in 2008. I don't know how the hell everyone has continued on.

I used to be that guy that absolutely had to have the TV on RAW where ever I was on Monday. No longer.

KingBroly

Banned
Elimination Tables match should end with Stroman putting the Dudleys through a table at the same time.

WWE needs to find a different formula for Raw. Even changing it around is doing NOTHING. 20 minute promos need to die. Bring back jobbers. Bring back inset promos, and 3-4 minute videos of upcoming talent. Anything would be better than 20 minute promos and shit like that.

When one of the highlights of Raw is Ryback jumping over the top rope to the outside, you know something is wrong.

Mahonay

Banned
I haven't watched RAW consistently since the shift to PG in 2008. I don't know how the hell everyone has continued on.

I used to be that guy that absolutely had to have the TV on RAW where ever I was on Monday. No longer.
I jumped back on in early 2013. I thought things were turning over. I was wrong.

Upside, it got me into NXT, who's Network specials have been some of the most enjoyable wrestling programs for me in a long while.

20 minute promos from people who can't talk need to die. They are fine if engaging people are doing them.

I jumped back on in early 2013. I thought things were turning over. I was wrong.

Upside, it got me into NXT, who's Network specials have been some of the most enjoyable wrestling programs for me in a long while.

Yep. All I watch is NXT now. The show in Brooklyn is my show of the year. Such a fucking fun atmosphere.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
20 minute promos need to die, period. I dont' care if it's 80s Terry Funk and Billy Graham on there. Dusty Rhodes Hard times promo isn't even 4 minutes. Jake Roberts' Million Dollar Man promo isn't 2 minutes.

The promos go on for SO fucking long and they're ALWAYS the same. The wrestler ALWAYS fills time by walking out to the ring and cutting their long winded promo and has someone else come in to interrupt them and cut a promo that eggs on their long winded promo. It's so fucking sloppy that it feels like it WAS scripted by a wrestling company rather than the old days of feeling like an actual real television company was setting up a wrestling show. Some in-ring promos are fine, it worked wonders for Austin and the NWO but so did their backstage vignettes.

Shit is just so fucking boring and by the numbers now from every aspect of the company, from their developmental training progrmas to their main shows to their pay-per-views. It's the phoniest show on television in 2015.

Barrage

All-time low...Y'all bitches on Meth?

Opens with a great elimination tag match, and Owens-Ziggler was good.

I been watcing 1998 RAWs, and so far through march RAW hasnt had a match as good as either of those.

People just wanna cry cuz the show doesnt match their memories of their childhood. Fuck outta here.

ALSO SASHA TWERKING

I mean... I can't imagine there's a huge crowd difference inbetween a NOAH and an AJPW match in 2015

A few hundred fans in NOAH's favour, but it's also about press coverage - the Suzuki-gun invasion got a lot of attention, I don't think AJPW's got a cover feature since Go won the Triple Crown.

Top Bottom