• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All-time low...Y'all bitches on Meth?

Opens with a great elimination tag match, and Owens-Ziggler was good.

I been watcing 1998 RAWs, and so far through march RAW hasnt had a match as good as either of those.

People just wanna cry cuz the show doesnt match their memories of their childhood. Fuck outta here.

ALSO SASHA TWERKING
Nah, Attitude Era was shit too.

WWE is shit.

1t0Y-3.gif

A few hundred fans in NOAH's favour, but it's also about press coverage - the Suzuki-gun invasion got a lot of attention, I don't think AJPW's got a cover feature since Go won the Triple Crown.

I thought Akebono winning the title was a big media event. Pretty sure it was because Bono's more popular than AJPW itself in Japan these days

Barrage

Nah, Attitude Era was shit too.

WWE is shit.

1t0Y-3.gif

WCW has shit main events its entire prime.

Wrestling fans are just entitled marks now without kayfabe to contain their squealing.

I hate to see this great art die due to ungrateful shits with no concept of the past.

THIS ISN;T THE END OF THE WORLD. WRESTLING WAS WORSE IN 95, IN 91, IN 2007 ALL THE FUCKING TIME

Striker

The elimination match is fine but it is pit in the wrong section of the show.

The Owens-Ziggler match was way too fucking long. What purpose did it serve? Just yet another PPV-length match that advanced no storyline or anything. A continuation of the on-going problem with the show.

Two promos that stick in my mind in the last ten years were 8-10 minutes, but each were something significant or advanced to something worthwhile. Eddie's heel turn in '05 was a little over 8-minutes and Muhammad Hassan's debut and promo with Mick Foley was at the 10-minute mark. The Vince McMahon character started these long opening promos with the Corporation and they just continued with Triple H, Cena, Rollins, and so forth. It's god-awful.

Vince: Who's Tommy Wiseau? What's 'The Room?'

also, I can't tell whether this

tumblr_nz0qdkWoVf1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

is a good thing or a bad thing.

any other memorable Raw gifs from tonight?

Mahonay

Banned
All-time low...Y'all bitches on Meth?

Opens with a great elimination tag match, and Owens-Ziggler was good.

I been watcing 1998 RAWs, and so far through march RAW hasnt had a match as good as either of those.

People just wanna cry cuz the show doesnt match their memories of their childhood. Fuck outta here.

ALSO SASHA TWERKING
I literally care about none of the storylines in WWE right now. Not a single one.

Sure. Work rate in stuff like Owens/Ziggler is great. But I've been conditioned to just not give a shit about anything that happens anymore. Even when WWE does get a good thing going by some miracle, they simply let it fizzle out by not progressing stories, or they purposely cool off talent because fuck you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People bash Mil Mascaras a lot. Say he's lazy and not as good as guys like Santo Jr or Dos Caras Sr or even Canek, but I like him every time I see him in a match. I loved his stuff in Japan and the crowds went nuts for him and more importantly
tumblr_nr7e3gnlyS1u792ado5_1280.jpg

Mother fucker looks AWESOME. He has so much fucking presence.

Decided to skip raw and watch an old episode of Lucha Underground tonight, sounds like I made a good choice.

I saw the episode with Del Rio's debut, it was weird to see him look motivated and excited.

Aiii

So not worth it
I hope that everyone that watched Raw feels adequately bad about their life choices and will correct that issue henceforth.

painey

the only thing that kept me watching RAW was Rusev, and they have completely ruined his character. After TLC I might be done with WWE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Think anyone who thinks Buff Bagwell is a bad wrestler should watch his NJPW tour with Norton and the NWO b-team. He fucking kills it. The crowd's like the cliche, quiet 'Jumbo's not here so eh' crowd and even Chono doesn't get much of a reaction. Norton gets a few cheers but like 5 minutes into the match, Bagwell has them hating his fucking guts from him cutting up in and outside of the ring.

When Hashimoto gets his hands on Bagwell, they lose it. It's magical. Buff is magical. Buff Daddy Go Homu. Please go homu.

Jamie OD

20 minute promos need to die, period. I dont' care if it's 80s Terry Funk and Billy Graham on there. Dusty Rhodes Hard times promo isn't even 4 minutes. Jake Roberts' Million Dollar Man promo isn't 2 minutes.

It blew my mind when I realized WWE's main talking segments were as long as an entire sitcom episode and that was back in the Bischoff era of Raw when HHH was at his egotistical peak.

klonere

Banned
Is that the Irish version of Get tae fuck?

We say get tae fuck as well! They are interchangable. Fuck off with ye has been around a lot longer, at least where I'm from. I'm sure we stole get tae fuck.

Based on Raw reports, UpUpDownDown did more to advance the Ziggler/Breeze feud than Raw itself did. I guess when you let the talent do what they want....

klonere

Banned
Remember what happened last time someone tried to push an angle on their internet show...

tumblr_lzd72h8w7y1qaqwkmo1_400.png

Fuck Raw, I watched Ligero/Dar from Chapter 11 last night, great match with legit selling by Noam, fantastic crowd (ofc) and a simple storyline.

DAR DAR ON THE BAR YES YOU ARE

Fuck Raw, I watched Ligero/Dar from Chapter 11 last night, great match with legit selling by Noam, fantastic crowd (ofc) and a simple storyline.

DAR DAR ON THE BAR YES YOU ARE

Dar is the best, hope he's back in PROGRESS soon. Are you still running through the Chapters in order or just pick and choosing?

klonere

Banned
Dar is the best, hope he's back in PROGRESS soon. Are you still running through the Chapters in order or just pick and choosing?

In order, gotta see that Havoc story through. It's great and this is before the switch to the bigger venue, it's only going to get better.

Top Bottom