• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

In order, gotta see that Havoc story through. It's great and this is before the switch to the bigger venue, it's only going to get better.

Don't skip the World Cup show, in between Chapters 13 and 14. Technically not a Chapter, but real good show, farewell to the Garage, and one night tournament sets up the next title challenger for Ch 14. Also Noam vs Grado is wonderful.

Forkball

tumblr_nz0t7oqLf31srbyoyo1_500.png

WHAT'S ECW DOING IN THE RAW ZONE?

Browny

Banned
Raw opened with a 16 man match?

In other news, there's a Kickstarter for an RPG wrasslin' game - here.

Fast-paced wrestling action! If you've seen it happen on TV, you can do in the game! Pinfalls, submissions, weapons... its all here!

What is Pandemonium Wrestling?

Pandemonium Wrestling is by far the most realistic Pro Wrestling Role Playing Game ever created. Originally created in 1989, it has been continuously played by my friends and family for 26 years! It never gets old!

Everything you love about pro wrestling on here! Pinfalls, submissions, weapons, specialty matches, managers, crowd interaction, and injuries … we have it all covered! Every dirty trick and every interview helps propel your character to the top of the rankings and into the main event championship match!

Characters grow and evolve over time. They learn new moves, grow stronger, and accumulate nagging injuries.

Let's get it funded and send it to Vince.

Aiii

So not worth it
I just don't understand some of these Kickstarter's. Only half a page of information, no artwork aside from a shitty paint drawing, no references, nothing. Okay,so he says the game is completed and he's been playing it for 26 years, but just needs money for the artwork. So if that is so, where's the rules to the game? Where's the video of a playthrough to explain how the game is played?

How are you expecting anyone to want to pay for your shit? Are these the kind of people that never get jobs and just sit at home watching Trump interviews and agreeing how muslims are ruining the Earth? Don't they have ambition?

You're on Kickstarter trying to sell something, so fucking sell me something.

Ugh.

End of rant.

Browny

Banned
You're on Kickstarter trying to sell something, so fucking sell me something.

Ugh.

End of rant.

Oh yeah, it's a shitty one alright. Some might call it.... carny. :)

The ones I've backed have always had something more substantial about them.

Edit: Amish Roadkill was dope. Guy could move damn well.

kiguel182

My Raw review: I don't think I care for any of the storylines and New Day just jumped the shark with the Unicorn stuff.

Top to bottom a terrible episode.

Aiii

So not worth it
There are storylines?

There's an ongoing long term storyline where the powers that be slowly grow out of grace with their shareholders as they continue to run their company into the ground, unable to connect with their own audience, it's quite compelling, really.

UberTag

There's an ongoing long term storyline where the powers that be slowly grow out of grace with their shareholders as they continue to run their company into the ground, unable to connect with their own audience, it's quite compelling, really.
I don't know about that. They seem to be connecting with their audience of advertisers and sponsors quite impressively. Did you know that Coca-Cola is sponsoring the Slammys in two weeks?

bjork

I don't know about that. They seem to be connecting with their audience of advertisers and sponsors quite impressively. Did you know that Coca-Cola is sponsoring the Slammys in two weeks?

See, that right there should tell you everything you need to know. If things were good, they'd be sponsored by the superior soda. The choice of a New Generation.

Aiii

So not worth it

I did not know that. That's actually quite impressive, considering Survivor Series was sponsored by Antacid medication.

It's weird though, they were sponsored by Mountain Dew for the longest time, right? Isn't that by PepsiCo?

bjork

I did not know that. That's actually quite impressive, considering Survivor Series was sponsored by Antacid medication.

It's weird though, they were sponsored by Mountain Dew for the longest time, right? Isn't that by PepsiCo?

Mt Dew is PepsiCo.

But Surge is/was Coke, so maybe they'll make Surge the official drink of the the new NXT show, now known as WCW

Caderfix

Damn... Roman is bad. Fuck that guy. Can't make ANY line believable.

"Son. Son... Son... SOOON... Tater tot. Son. Tater tot."

JavyOO7

If they got the same rates as they do now from going back to one hour, I wish WWE would do one hour RAW's again. i'm sure USA channel could put replays of their shows on the 8pm and 10pm slot and get higher advertising rates.

So this was the big post-twitter questionnaire reboot Raw eh?

How bad do things have to get before Vince steps down? Not that Steph won't be just as feckless of course.

bjork

If they got the same rates as they do now from going back to one hour, I wish WWE would do one hour RAW's again. i'm sure USA channel could put replays of their shows on the 8pm and 10pm slot and get higher advertising rates.

One hour wrestling shows are the perfect time. It forces them to make better use of the time.

Mt Dew is PepsiCo.

But Surge is/was Coke, so maybe they'll make Surge the official drink of the the new NXT show, now known as WCW

In theory, I like the idea of NXT being WCW, were people go to watch wrestling without the 'developmental' tag attached to it. I can imagine Vince addressing the locker room now. "If you want to wrestle, whatever the fuck that means, go stand on the left side of the room. If you want to be entertainers and make movies stand on the right side of the room".

Raw would basically become three hours of Roman vs Miz.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This Review-A-Raw is godawful. Mouth needs to stop having opinions.

klonere

Banned
After Sheamus got pinned by Roman....

Did Sheamus mention that he won his first ever WWE title in a Tables match vs John Cena and that nobody expected him to do it?

Did he say that won a ladder match for MiTB and Roman couldn't get the job done?

Did he mention he had big arms (flex) that are great for beating the bejaysus of people with chairs?

urGHHHH

QtbAKOb.gif

Mahonay

Banned
After Sheamus got pinned by Roman....

Did Sheamus mention that he won his first ever WWE title in a Tables match vs John Cena and that nobody expected him to do it?

Did he say that won a ladder match for MiTB and Roman couldn't get the job done?

Did he mention he had big arms (flex) that are great for beating the bejaysus of people with chairs?

urGHHHH

QtbAKOb.gif
Vince: "Wha...when did this happen? Where am I? Did Roman say tater tots like I told him too? He did!? Huahuahuahuahua!"

We moved out to rural Oregon in late July this year, and have gone without cable/satellite TV, so I haven't seen a single Raw or Smackdown since. Still watch the PPVs, NXT, and archives on the Network, and I'm increasingly convinced this is the best way to do it.

That Sasha GIF from last night, tho.

klonere

Banned
I don't want to go uber smark here because I have seen 1 Kevin Steen match and 0 Jon Moxley matches but I have seen their indie promos.

You got Moxley and Steen in a feud and POPCORN is your angle. God even if the Smackdown segment is good holy fuck fuck you fuck you fuykcaoslpd

kiguel182

I don't want to go uber smark here because I have seen 1 Kevin Steen match and 0 Jon Moxley matches but I have seen their indie promos.

You got Moxley and Steen in a feud and POPCORN is your angle. God even if the Smackdown segment is good holy fuck fuck you fuck you fuykcaoslpd

Yup, two great promo guys are feuding and they don't trade a single word.

Of course there's also no reason for them to be feuding since Ambrose seems to be more worried in helping Roman.

It's all a big nothing.

kiguel182

The Owens vs Ziggler match was the perfect example of why 3 hours is a bad idea.

Did we need a 20 minute match without story between those two? A 10 minute or less thing would've been just (if not more) effective.

PPV length matches with no story behind are a bad idea.

When he used that line, I got physically angry. What a dipshit/stupid thing to say. Dude is so bad on the mic

Why? I thought the promo was great at the time. It foreshadowed the end of the new generation and the evolution into Vince's new idea that he came up with all by himself, extreme championship wrestling in an attitude-based era.

And it successfully hyped a match with an absent Hitman IIRC.

Top Bottom