• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Raw64life

Anything to do with Vinne Vegas is gold, friend.

Nash-Vegas-Clash-18-gifs001.gif

I'm surprised they billed him at something close to his actual weight. Usually anyone over 6' 8" gets billed at least 100 pounds more than they actually are.

bjork

"Le' me tell ya about the Vinster, 'aight"

Nash should visit Raw next week to see his bestest buddy (and greatest wrestler of all time) HHH and have a backstage segment where something falls on him, knocking him unconscious. Due to some bizarre amnesia that can only exist in sports entertainment, he believe himself to be Vinnie Vegas. The wrasslin' doc that sued Punk can turn up and advise everyone to play along for the sake of Nash's mental wellbeing.

Vinnie Vegas runs for a few months until a flying cuddle from Reigns makes Nash believe he's Diesel for similar scientific reasons, leading to the Diesel vs Diesel match everybody wants.

"How long have you been getting away with those lame attempts at slogans? [winks to camera] see ya buddy"

Shit writes itself.

Only after the Vince amnesia angle fixes the format. Then I'm ok with this.

Aiii

So not worth it
And I'm going to be an ass and call out every single poster in this community who defends this chick. She is god awful and needs to be fired. She hasnt learned anything and I think this was done with malicious intent.

You don't lock your knee like that in preparation for a soft kick. That is some shotokan levels of damage right there. The loking of the knee is what shotokan specifically teaches to hurt someone. bad,

And AJ Styles nearly killed a couple of people with his finisher, Owen Hart broke Steve Austin's neck once and Samoa Joe nearly murdered Tyson Kidd.

There are a ton of great wrestlers that botched moves, too, you know.

Ryback is my new favourite Luchador. He just needs a cool mask and a killer suit.

This would be amazing. Just throw in some Sports Entertainment Amnesia™️ and before you know it, Luchyback would be over huge with his terrible flippy moves.

It would be my biggest change of opinion on a wrestler since Naito started wearing shiny skeletor masks to the ring.

White vs. Dorada is good, but I need more Komatsu and Tanaka. Probably won't get it unt after their foreign excursions though.

Komatsu's skills are amazing but he really needs to show more personality. If he stays as a Jr. heavyweight I think he'll have a lot of success.

Tanaka I think has the greater upside. I like the mini-gimmick they've built for him in that he believes he's been lost in the shuffle of the other YLs so he constantly wants to start their matches and disrespects the veterans.

Wait... so instead of watching wrestling to see if it's terrible, you watch a terrible youtube show to tell you the wrestling was terrible..? This place is getting too meta for me.

KingBroly

Banned
seconded

i'm about halfway through review a raw, it sounded god awful.

Do you like Adam Rose?

Trick question, because no one likes Adam Rose.

Do like like The New Day and Sasha dancing?

Trick question, because the answer is of course you do.

Do you like Roman Reigns talking?

Of course you don't.

bjork

Wait... so instead of watching wrestling to see if it's terrible, you watch a terrible youtube show to tell you the wrestling was terrible..? This place is getting too meta for me.

I read a report. That way if it's good, I can skip around to good parts, and if it's bad, I skip it entirely. Saves a ton of time that I can use F5ing the forum instead, because that's sure productive.

KingBroly

Banned
They either need to turn Reigns heel or take him out of the main event picture. He's just not a babyface. You can't make him a silent, neutral badass anymore.

Anth0ny

*listen to a decent 70 minute podcast on my commute to work on tuesday morning

they usually point out anything good that happened on the show, which I usually check out afterwards. doesn't sound like that will be the case this week, though.

Mahonay

Banned
I read a report. That way if it's good, I can skip around to good parts, and if it's bad, I skip it entirely. Saves a ton of time that I can use F5ing the forum instead, because that's sure productive.
I've taken to reading the Post RAW rundown threads at Reddit before I consider watching. Same reason as you, and this week I have no reason to queue up anything from RAW.

EDIT: I'll probably just try and find the Roman tater tots promo for historical sakes.

I haven't watched it for months. If I opened this thread and read countless comments praising 'Raw's new direction" or "the exciting Vinnie Vegas amnesia angle and Ryback going lucha" then I would start again.

As it stands I can't bring myself to waste precious lifetime. See also: The Walking Dead.

I don't even listen to review a raw anymore or read the reports. What's the point? Nothing on the show entertains me, and I would dare say that the way the show is structured in the wwe does not appeal to me anymore on a fundamental level.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't even listen to review a raw anymore or read the reports. What's the point? Nothing on the show entertains me, and I would dare say that the way the show is structured in the wwe does not appeal to me anymore on a fundamental level.
I've used this time to listen to back episodes of The Lapsed Fan that I've missed. It's been a fantastic choice,

Carl2291

In all seriousness, if I was going to recommend this Raw I would just say class New Day vs Lucha Dragons as the main event and turn it off after. Maybe stick through Miz TV if you wanna see Flair.

Everything that followed was trash. Nothing but steaming trash.

I've used this time to listen to back episodes of The Lapsed Fan that I've missed. It's been a fantastic choice,

I've been trying to catch up with this, although I have yet to get to the end of an episode (five hours!). That's not a complaint though.

The Vince impressions are great.

In all seriousness, if I was going to recommend this Raw I would just say class New Day vs Lucha Dragons as the main event and turn it off after. Maybe stick through Miz TV if you wanna see Flair.

Everything that followed was trash. Nothing but steaming trash.

It's a real shame the Ric, one of the greatest mic men of all time, now reminds me of Ahmed Johnson whenever he speaks. I can barely understand a word he says.

Alucard

Banned
My interest in the WWE is at a near-all-time low right now. I also only listen to Review-a-Raw if I remember to, and I never watch the show itself anymore. There's no point in supporting an entertainment product that brings you no joy or entertainment.

To be fair, I'm out of touch with wrestling in general at the moment. ROH, New Japan, PWG, etc. have all fallen by the wayside in terms of my interest in watching their shows.

Mahonay

Banned
It's a real shame the Ric, one of the greatest mic men of all time, now reminds me of Ahmed Johnson whenever he speaks. I can barely understand a word he says.
Yeah I will sometimes not get to the end of some episodes but I'm fine with that. They make me laugh for most of those 3-5 hours.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, no Wai this week on Review-a-Wai. I have trouble listening to The Mouth's terrible opinions most times.

On Review-A-Wai it's ok if it's old shit. But this Review-A-Raw? Dogshit.

Hex

Banned
How was Raw? Haven't seen, read, or heard anything about it.

The worst part was, when the Wyatts came out the crowd was nuts.
This was the moment where they could have had something.
It was so out of the blue and unexpected, and it was tense...and then within seconds it was the same old overbooked shit.
Highspots were Paige and oddly the Miz during that segment. New Day and Team BAD, and the Kevin Owens v Ziggler match...oh and Del Rio getting away from Zeb.
Rest was bunk.

Top Bottom