• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

CVtpRioWUAAWryf.jpg

Cena asked about Trump's stance on Muslims live on the Today Show;

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...ena-talks-donald-trump-plays-games-today-show

"We know Donald Trump. He's bold, he's brash. This is bold and this is brash. I'm with you, I don't know how it works out. The last time we did anything like is was in World War II and that was one of the more reprehensible acts by the United States of America: "We are the melting pot...except for you". That does not go along with our DNA. Trump is being Trump. There's no other way to say it."

That's a good part of why John's the man, having a hard time imagining Roman Reigns handling such a hot-button issue on live national television in such a competent manner.

Great job by John. Kind of reminds me of when someone asked a panel of cm punk, sheamus, and Ryder about WWE's handling of Benoit and punk took charge while Sheamus and Ryder were clearly uncomfortable

Fox318

Roman gonna become 2-time champ after suffering succotash, magic beans, THIS IS REAL LIFE, and tater tots, while "4 ropes" Cesaro gonna come back after Mania and be stuck doing nothing

#pray4fox #hardtimes

But you know what when Cesaro wins the strap at least he will hear cheers instead of the deafening silence that is the Roman Reigns "main event" era.

b5KaY8J.jpg

#hashtag #lapsed #thisisreallife

Hycran

Banned
Five times, in one promo.

The sad part about it was that because the crowd was so bored, they decided to chant a bit, and Roman took the chanting as approval when in fact they were just bored to tears. The result was that he kept repeating it, hoping for the same pop, and never getting it. I never though Roman was good on the stick, but yesterday showed just how BAD he is.

klonere

Banned
Sheamus will smash Roman with the fury of the Woad Warriors, completely naked but painted up, as is the ancient tradition, for daring to besmirch and belittle his heritage. Him and his stupid tattoos.

Cena asked about Trump's stance on Muslims live on the Today Show;

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...ena-talks-donald-trump-plays-games-today-show

"We know Donald Trump. He's bold, he's brash. This is bold and this is brash. I'm with you, I don't know how it works out. The last time we did anything like is was in World War II and that was one of the more reprehensible acts by the United States of America: "We are the melting pot...except for you". That does not go along with our DNA. Trump is being Trump. There's no other way to say it."

That's a good part of why John's the man, having a hard time imagining Roman Reigns handling such a hot-button issue on live national television in such a competent manner.

I would pay $60 to watch Roman Reigns cut a promo on Donald Trump on TLC this Sunday. I need to know how badly it could go.

"I dec-c-c-clare that former WWE guest Donald Trump is a racist. This is real life!"

did someone actually called someone a Tater Tot last night?! what the fuck

Reigns called Sheamus a tater tot. It would have worked if he had Rock levels of charisma, but when the crowd actually popped for it, he said it like four more times because he's not used to the crowd responding well to one of his promos, which killed it.

God, I actually like Reigns as a wrestler, but they're bungling his character so badly. I haven't watched more than ten minutes of Raw in months because it's so damn boring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly feel Owens is going to be WWE Champion sooner rather than later. Shortly after Mania. I'd be pleased if it were before, but I don't know if WWE will scrap their championship plans.

Honestly, 15 min into RAW I stopped. I just didn't want to watch. I think I'm burned out on it. I don't care anymore. Seth's absence has really killed it for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am psyched to see the weird Charlotte/Ric segment. I wanna see this "GET HER!" and chase.

Ithil

The New Day need to win a midcard title and hold it freebird style where the challenger never knows which one of them he's facing til the match starts.

I read that a substantial amount of people were leaving raw before the final segment and they had to dim the lights to try and make it look less noticeable.

They can't even hold the live crowd for the main event of a go-home show

Fox318

I honestly feel Owens is going to be WWE Champion sooner rather than later. Shortly after Mania. I'd be pleased if it were before, but I don't know if WWE will scrap their championship plans.

Honestly he should have been the champ at Survivor Series.

At least he can cut a promo and work as a heel.

A champ should bring an air of seriousness. You know shit is gonna go down when the man or woman with the gold comes walking down that aisle.

Only issue Owens has is cosmetically he doesn't make Roman look like a weak babyface who has to overcome the odds.

That's why Sheamus was picked. He is the same weight but 4 inches taller and built like a bodybuilder.

Mahonay

Banned
Considering they are considering putting him up against Brock at Mania it's absolutely in the realm of possibility right now.

But then I remember attempting to make Roman look strong is company directive #1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Considering they are considering putting him up against Brock at Mania it's absolutely in the realm of possibility right now.

But then I remember attempting to make Roman look strong is company directive #1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

heh, I remember when Punk said that. I guess "make Roman look strong" is still going in WWE

Mahonay

Banned
I read that a substantial amount of people were leaving raw before the final segment and they had to dim the lights to try and make it look less noticeable.

They can't even hold the live crowd for the main event of a go-home show
It's not Vince's fault those stupid fucking internet losers don't understand storytelling. We sell stories. Not wrestling. God damn it.

Are we making a separate thread for NXT Takeover: London?

The card is pretty much full at this point, right?

NXT Championship match: Finn Balor (c) vs. Samoa Joe

NXT Team Team Championship match: Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady

NXT Women's Championship match: [It's] Bayley (c) vs. Nia Jax

Apollo Crews vs. Baron Corbin

Asuka vs. Emma (with Dana Brooke)

Part of me can't believe that we won't get a Chad Gable & Jason Jordan match on this TakeOver, but I could appreciate the slowburn for their title match. And there are usually 6 matches on a TakeOver, so they might add another match to the card.

You know what are pretty pointless... Steam Curator groups. There's no way to search for one that matches your particular interests. You just have to shift through them all. So many of them are 'generic' too, where they just list games they like. A few are RPG-centric, but that's about it. I want a group that tells me what the good Coop games are dammit.

Sephzilla

NXT Team Team Championship match: Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady

Part of me can't believe that we won't get a Chad Gable & Jason Jordan match on this TakeOver, but I could appreciate the slowburn for their title match. And there are usually 6 matches on a TakeOver, so they might add another match to the card.

I have a feeling we'll get another Gable/Jordan vs Vaudevillains match at Takeover, maybe as the curtain jerker match.

klonere

Banned

They could make a match on tomorrow's show but I'm sure it'd be out there by now due to spoilers. I am pretty bummed out about that as well, there's nothing more I want than a 15 minute match from those guys. Still there is a lot of great stuff to make up for it.

I'll give a shot at making the thread when the time comes if that's okay?

Top Bottom