• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Dion314

Neo Member
The New Day need to win a midcard title and hold it freebird style where the challenger never knows which one of them he's facing til the match starts.

Absolutely. Give them the US belt and let them keep it interesting after Cena's open challenges. Putting it on Del Rio instantly flushed all Cena's hard work down the drain.

Here's a random tidbit about the show- my wife will watch with me every now and then so she watched last night after a long hiatus. I explain what's been going on since she last watched and mentioned how they're trying to make Reigns THE guy (or the John as she put it referring to John Cena) and she says "He doesn't seem like a good choice for that. He doesn't seem believable." When I told her Sheamus was the champ she didn't believe that either (and she LIKES Sheamus) mentioning how every time she sees him he loses and a loser shouldn't have the belt because that's supposed to mean you're the best.

It's amazing how somebody that barely watches the show can still see the flaws....

Fox318

Are we making a separate thread for NXT Takeover: London?

The card is pretty much full at this point, right?

NXT Championship match: Finn Balor (c) vs. Samoa Joe

NXT Team Team Championship match: Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady

NXT Women's Championship match: [It's] Bayley (c) vs. Nia Jax

Apollo Crews vs. Baron Corbin

Asuka vs. Emma (with Dana Brooke)

Part of me can't believe that we won't get a Chad Gable & Jason Jordan match on this TakeOver, but I could appreciate the slowburn for their title match. And there are usually 6 matches on a TakeOver, so they might add another match to the card.

Asuka vs Emma could be a MOTY canidate.

Absolutely. Give them the US belt and let them keep it interesting after Cena's open challenges. Putting it on Del Rio instantly flushed all Cena's hard work down the drain.

Here's a random tidbit about the show- my wife will watch with me every now and then so she watched last night after a long hiatus. I explain what's been going on since she last watched and mentioned how they're trying to make Reigns THE guy (or the John as she put it referring to John Cena) and she says "He doesn't seem like a good choice for that. He doesn't seem believable." When I told her Sheamus was the champ she didn't believe that either (and she LIKES Sheamus) mentioning how every time she sees him he loses and a loser shouldn't have the belt because that's supposed to mean you're the best.

It's amazing how somebody that barely watches the show can still see the flaws....

My wife is the same way.

She doesn't like wrestling, but she knows when certain people are good and will get into it given the right circumstances.

What casual fan/new fan is enjoying this?

I should clarify I don't watch NXT. Find the shows to be ok. Don't really watch any weekly wrestling show since Lucha Underground ended.(except Friday cmll)

Fine.

No one else has taken it and I have had that damn avater since that damn angle.

If you have it avatar sized without the santa hat that would be handy for post xmas times. Just in case.

Right now I'm actually rather classily sat in a McDonald's drive-in car park stuffing down a Christmas McWank™ Burger before heading home and Gaffing via phone. I'll resize the original when I get back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the London crowd isn't terrible and cringe style like Full Sail.

Fox318

somebody brought this up before but the biggest problem with raw is that its longer than the ppvs.

I mean PPVs used to feel like shit was going to go down. Now its a shorter raw.

I mean with an hour of NXT everyone doesn't get a match every week but at the takeover we know shit is gonna go down and mean something.

p4Elb5i.gif

what an idiot

Everyone just has to get that crowd pop.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are we making a separate thread for NXT Takeover: London?

The card is pretty much full at this point, right?

NXT Championship match: Finn Balor (c) vs. Samoa Joe

NXT Team Team Championship match: Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady

NXT Women's Championship match: [It's] Bayley (c) vs. Nia Jax

Apollo Crews vs. Baron Corbin

Asuka vs. Emma (with Dana Brooke)

Part of me can't believe that we won't get a Chad Gable & Jason Jordan match on this TakeOver, but I could appreciate the slowburn for their title match. And there are usually 6 matches on a TakeOver, so they might add another match to the card.
Isn't Zayn on the card somewhere? I thought they announced that.

Everyone just has to get that crowd pop.

You can get the crowd to chant almost anything if its specifically tailored for that. They chant that U-SO thing pretty much every time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I enjoy their version of Southern tag team wrestling.

He's wrestling on the UK tour; you'd think he would get a match at TakeOver, but there would be no story for it. Is a Sami Zayn return squash match enough for now?

It could just be a dark match or a pre-taped match for an NXT episode like the first half of Takeover Brooklyn.

I don't even know that Zayn is *really* coming back to NXT, its possible this is just a trial run for him to come back and head straight for the main roster.

Sephzilla

Outside of the Brooklyn stuff has the full sail crowd really been that bad?

No. But most of WrassleGAF would rather have a Corpus Christie dead crowd than have a lively crowd, apparently. Full Sail gets a little too rowdy once and a while but they're generally really fun.

Sephzilla

The small group of people that kept going "HAAAYYYY WE WANT SOME BAI-LEY" every 30 seconds was probably the first time I've been genuinely annoyed by any Full Sail crowd, to be honest.

klonere

Banned
Outside of the Brooklyn stuff has the full sail crowd really been that bad?

I found them to be quite unbearable during the Bayley/Alexa match. The Brooklyn stuff was absolutely the most dumb shit ever but at least we got one of Owens best promos since coming to WWE out of it.

If the London crowd are going to draw from the same ICW/PROGRESS set we are gonna get the good version of a Full Sail crowd is.

Zach

The small group of people that kept going "HAAAYYYY WE WANT SOME BAI-LEY" every 30 seconds was probably the first time I've been genuinely annoyed by any Full Sail crowd, to be honest.
Ha! I was slightly annoyed by that, too. And I looove Bayley.

Anyway, I still appreciate their enthusiasm.

Heel

I think the real fear is that Lucha Underground will stop papering the crowd with extras for their new season and have genuine "real wrestling fans' attend their shows. A shame, because that leaves a distinct possibility it becomes Full Sail West and thus insufferable to the viewer.

Fox318

I think the real fear is that Lucha Underground will stop papering the crowd with extras for their new season and have genuine "real wrestling fans' attend their shows. A shame, because that leaves a distinct possibility it becomes Full Sail West and thus insufferable to the viewer.

Its a taped show.

Lucha Underground could just kick fans out who are causing a disturbance.

Weren't there assholes chanting What at Dario Cueto?

If there are assholes in the crowd kick their ass out.

Menome

Aye, given that's taken from the song about being after lady-parts, it felt a bit...grimy. Especially given her kid-friendly image.

EDIT: IT'S A NEW PAGE, YES IT IS!

0pKgpuE.gif

its not papered , tickets are free like a lot of shows that. papering is when you cant fill a building so they let people in for free.

daemissary

I actually like that crowd. They have a lot of fun and they make their opinions known.

Loud wrestling crowds are awesome, even if 10% of their chants are lame it's still way better than Corpus Christi.

Everyone hating on them is either jealous that they aren't there having fun with them or they are old and want everyone off their lawn.

On the topic of full sail crowds, I think the dislike stems from the sense that they (the crowd) aren't so much "enjoying" the experience but rather they hoard it like a jaguar dragging a fresh kill up a tree so no one else can have it.

Zach

On the topic of full sail crowds, I think the dislike stems from the sense that they (the crowd) aren't so much "enjoying" the experience but rather they hoard it like a jaguar dragging a fresh kill up a tree so no one else can have it.
You're reaching with this silliness.

Top Bottom