• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Caderfix

Ryback turns everyone into a Zach approved grade A+ seller.
RYpknqg.gif

I love how it was so badly performed that it looks like Ryback was aiming at the floor and accidentally hit the table rather than the other way around.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Loud wrestling crowds are awesome, even if 10% of their chants are lame it's still way better than Corpus Christi.

Everyone hating on them is either jealous that they aren't there having fun with them or they are old and want everyone off their lawn.

Last time I went to RAW in Seattle, I saw the same people pop for Cena's entrance, and then immediately start booing him (and we had really good seats, so these were hardcore fans). That's when I decided I was annoyed with those kinds of fans. Speaking of which, we have a RAW in Seattle in Feb that I am debating getting tickets for. Lesnar is advertised; so this could be fun. (I also think if Bryan is coming back any time soon, it'll be at this show)

It's when they decide that they are the centerpiece of the show and feel entitled to being as such that rightfully gets people angry. (see: "We are Awesome" and "You Suck Cena" chants). Or when the Full Sail crowd gets angry at the NXT brand actually touring because they don't get to hoard it all to themselves.

Fans chanting for the face? WELL I NEVER

Hey, I'm not usually anti-Full Sail, but that particular chant, at that particular volume, at those particular times, was annoying. There was no room for the viewer to breathe during that match without being punched in the ear by that chant.

The one and only Full Sail complaint I'm on board with is them booing Brooklyn. Thankfully they seem to have it out of their system, I haven't heard any boos for London so far.

Naiyummy looking fine as ever now.
But needs to work on protecting her face. Last couple of matches i've seen her checking her face(especially the nose area).

Heel

Its a taped show.

Lucha Underground could just kick fans out who are causing a disturbance.

Weren't there assholes chanting What at Dario Cueto?

If there are assholes in the crowd kick their ass out.

Let's hope the Lucha Underground staff understand that wrestling fans should be constrained to cheering, booing, and perhaps the occasional "Lucha!" chant like an audience of normal people who understand they're there to be entertained and not do the entertaining.

Did the "What?" chanting make it to air?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My guess is when crowds try to put themselves over it probably confuses Vince as to who is actually over.

Heel

its not papered , tickets are free
papering is when you cant fill a building so they let people in for free.

Thanks for clarifying, slightconfuse.

My only exposure to Lucha Underground is S01E01, in which the audience was bussed in to a seedy warehouse in an industrial complex, chanting in unison for a television show they had never seen roughly 10 seconds into the broadcast.

You can read my review of the first half hour of Lucha Underground S01E01 here.

My only exposure to Lucha Underground is S01E01, in which the audience was bussed in to a seedy warehouse in an industrial complex, chanting in unison for a television show they had never seen roughly 10 seconds into the broadcast.

Of course they were cheering, they were about to see legendary luchador Blue D'monn enter the temple.

klonere

Banned

I..is Heel shooting?

Bandini

Loud wrestling crowds are awesome, even if 10% of their chants are lame it's still way better than Corpus Christi.

Everyone hating on them is either jealous that they aren't there having fun with them or they are old and want everyone off their lawn.

Or maybe they just want to respectfully let the wrestlers actually wrestle and work the crowd organically, instead of throwing out "THIS IS AWESOME" chants when the competitors haven't even locked up yet. It's honestly pretty embarrassing. React to the actual work instead of just chanting dumb shit every time you get bored for 15 seconds.

It's good that they're taking the big shows on the road. NXT Brooklyn's crowd was just fine, I'm sure London's will be good as well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If this is a big thread you read, 55PPP isn't a bad idea because you guys post gigantic fucking GIFs in giant walls all of the time.

Soon will the the throw away end of the year RAW's too, that get horrific ratings.

I don't want to sound like a dick, but my interests is at an all time low, not since I took 2003-2010 off from WWE, has it been this low.

We should all get Amnesia and pretend it's the 80s and only watch wrestling from the 80s for a week. Or we should all become hipsters and only watch 2002-2003 Ring of Honor.

We should all get Amnesia and pretend it's the 80s and only watch wrestling from the 80s for a week. Or we should all become hipsters and only watch 2002-2003 Ring of Honor.

Sounds good to me. "DiBiase man. Such an awesome heel. He'll definitely win the big one and get the run he deserves soon".

How long until Vince does as he did to Heyman and rips LU's style off to combat the ratings? "Get me WWE film studios on the phone, we have backstage vignettes to shoot dammit"

I am surprised they haven't talked Trump into showing up. I guess it falls under the rules that they would have to have all the other candidates on the same channel at some point?

Kaladin

I am surprised they haven't talked Trump into showing up. I guess it falls under the rules that they would have to have all the other candidates on the same channel at some point?

I think even Vince would cringe at some of the things Trump says.

Also, I doubt they could book a Presidential candidate as a heel.

jmdajr

Trump can show no matter what no? I thought the rules were after the primary, maybe not.

But I guess we been in campaign mode for so long.

Angry Grimace

Trump can show no matter what no? I thought the rules were after the primary, maybe not.

But I guess we been in campaign mode for so long.

USA isn't a broadcast network anyways, right? Isn't that kind of a grey area (since they never show up there anyways)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE could never do that because it requires strong booking, not being 3 hours long, and actually ending a season with multiple champion contenders rather than the 50/50 rule

WWE could never do that because it requires strong booking, not being 3 hours long, and actually ending a season with multiple champion contenders rather than the 50/50 rule

Not to mention having an off season to begin with, and to not slowly murder the talent with a nasty TV and touring schedule.

It's a shame though. Imagine... Tyler Breeze strutting down a Milan catwalk, before everyone's favourite wrasslin' non-entity Ziggles attacks him in front of a stunned group of fashionistas... or She-mouse putting Roman's head through a whiteboard covered in slogan ideas at marketing meeting. Or Ryback going to mexico to learn his lucha destiny. Possibilities are endless, friends.

Or... it would just be total divas interspersed with the same shite we get now.

Top Bottom