• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
New Paige;

iWeFg2QQrEz27.gif

Lol, poor Kikutaro;

Kikutaro vs Ryota Hama - (W-1 12/01/13)

iXlSls88S7a2U.gif
iSZ1dvAQ0YtwJ.gif

I was looking back at previous award nominations I had done elsewhere over the years. Here's my Top 10 Wrestlers for 2007...

#1. Wrestler of the Year: (Max Entries: 10) - The Best Wrestler of the Year. The one guy you'd remember 2007 for. Whatever criteria you feels apply (Some

Examples: Held a belt and won alot, was an all-around great wrestler, had memorable matches, was most important for their promotion, etc, etc..)

1 - Hydra (CHIKARA)
2 - John Cena (WWE)
3 - Jeff Hardy (WWE)
4 - Christian Cage (TNA)
5 - Chuck Taylor (CHIKARA)
6 - Christian Cage (TNA)
7 - Lince Darado (CHIKARA)
8 - Eddie Kingston (CHIKARA)
9 - Jay Lethal (TNA)
10 - The Undertaker (WWE)

Previous Winners:
2006 - Edge (WWE)
2005 - (*tie*) Kurt Angle (WWE) & Samoa Joe (TNA/ROH)

Mark.

Who I thought was most underated! haha TNA.

#8. Most Underrated Wrestler: (Max Entries: 5) - This guy is being held down. He's got the talent to be pushed further up the ranking. Will he be in 2008?

1 - Alex Shelley (TNA)
2 - Christopher Daniels (TNA)
3 - JAY LETHAL?! (TNA)
4 - AJ Styles (TNA)
5 - Tomko (TNA)

Previous Winners:
2006 - Shelton Benjamin (WWE)
2005 - Shelton Benjamin (WWE)

Most overrated... oops. Guess I was wrong about one of those.

#9. Most Overrated : (Max Entries: 5) - This guy doesn't deserve such a high spot. Not as good as most people think.

1 - Kurt Angle (TNA) - Ok, ok, you're a superstar, but you don't need the whole 2 hour show to center around you.
2 - Bobby Lashley (WWE) - His high profile involvement in the Vince McMahon/Donald Trump thing did nothing for me but confirm he can't hold my interest.
3 - Carlito (WWE) - What's with the Internet's Obsession with Carlito?
4 - Samoa Joe (TNA) - What has he done - what has he REALLY done?
5 - Robert Roode (TNA) - I mean, the guys a midcard at best, yet they keep teasing him as an upper midcard.

UberTag

Regal is a godsend on commentary. He turns the basic and manufactured offense of The Ascension into a strategy.
Thank goodness they're keeping that kind of shit off of the main shows.
It would get in the way of all of the ad placements, fake laughing at Vince's jokes and WWE app download instructions.
Important things like that.

Pshaw... mid-carders having match strategy. What a ludicrous idea. You don't need match strategy when you have five moves of doom.

Kaladin

You know what? If we had rotating topics, now I would change it to:

December Wrasslin' |OT| DANIEL BRYAN**CLAP CLAP CLAP**DANIEL BRYAN**CLAP CLAP CLAP**

Ami Just imagining this or did Alex Rusev use to have a gimmick where he was a neanderthal/caveman that traveled to the future to test his perfect fighting skills? Or is it just one of my ideas for my wrestling comic?

jmdajr

Good morning NeoGAF poster jmdajr, what burials do you have planned for this fine day?

Not sure. I was hoping to bury this lack of sleep but it hasn't worked. Kid keeps waking up at night chanting "YES."

edit: Isn't today NPD day? Might not be seeing this place later on today.

Ithil

I started watching NXT out of bored recently, and am I the only one that found it way more entertaining than Raw/Smackdown? It's obviously smaller scale and most of the people aren't as pretty, but the writing is just was more relaxed and it really feels like they can do whatever they want.

What struck me as the most weird was how the Diva matches and story lines weren't completely the worst shit ever, I mean, they're still really petty, and Charlotte looks like her dad mixed with Laurel from Arrow, but the in ring matches are pretty entertaining.

I can't be the only one who feels this way... Right?

Most fans who watch both feel this way now. NXT is simply a better wrestling show than RAW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to see what WWE matches people would pick for an 8-match "best of" show but...it requires effort, and the Awards are taking up everything.

Concerned about the twitch awards show. It might get taken down because I'm going to be making videos.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anderson is so full of shit though. He's been raising his profile a lot through making up bullshit so I can't hate. I don't doubt there's a tryout, but I doubt it's for any of those fuckers.

jmdajr

I would be dead halfway through.

Sound board or one of those phrase charts would be awesome.

Alpha Brain
Hershey
Audio Whoop Ass
Oh Hell Yeah
Cat
Cripplegoose Factor
Deer Stand
Broken Skull Ranch
Psychology
Gimmicks
My Wife
Pocket Knife