• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
highlights from JR's latest blog

Is WWE "punishing" Dolph Ziggler? No. If WWE wanted to "punish" Ziggler they would simply not use him on TV and allow him to fade into obscurity. More fans should use their common sense on this one. Dolph is hugely talented and, generally, athletes who are on Ziggler's level overcome any perceived obstacles. The key is to not check out and to keep turning heads.

Will WWE sign AJ Styles? I'd have zero clue on that one but I would say it's a long shot at best. Not because AJ isn't an outstanding talent, because he is, but I get the feeling WWE wants to create new stars and those new stars are going to come from the WWE Performance Center exclusively.

The key to the future of companies such as UFC and WWE is the development of new stars. Stars logically engaged with other stars sell PPV's and garner TV ratings. Just hanging one's shingle out with a company's name on it obviously doesn't get it done.

My 'issue' with today's wrestling commentary, in general, is the lack of documenting what one's seeing in the ring to the degree that as a viewer that I can 'feel' it therefore better emotionally invest in it. That's ultimate in story telling in my humble opinion. Nonetheless, talented talkers like Cole and Layfield do as they are instructed to do, which is actually a great philosophy for one to follow if they care about job security, and who doesn't? If one cashes their companies checks, then do what the company wants.

The game has changed, by and large, at the announce tables of pro wrestling which adds another log to the fire as to why I feel that I've called my last match. My style and today's trend of broadcasting likely isn't a compatible fit....and that's not a bad thing.

jmdajr

First time I've heard him say negative things about the commentary (to that extent). Pays off to be fired in some ways.

But if Ziggs isn't buried I don't know who is. He's featured in almost nothing.

somedevil

News on Sting:

Regarding Sting's TNA future, he is advertised to face Ethan Carter III on the January 16th TNA event in Huntsville, Alabama, which would be after his current deal expires. It's possible that Sting is going to work a few extra dates to write himself out of the storylines or he could sign on for another year with limited dates again. The impression within TNA is that Sting will be sticking around because they are booking with him in the plans going forward

Sting come on man this is your last chance for your WrestleMania pay day. Don't throw it away to job to EC3 and a weird loyalty to Dixie.

edit: JR is talking about people like JTG, Zack Ryder, Justin Gabriel and Curt Hawkins.

Chavo Guerrero Sr. (c) vs Mighty Inoue - (AJPW 1984.02.26)

Chavo Classic! This is Mighty Inoue's 2nd crack at Chavo Sr's NWA International Jr. Heavyweight title. Not the most exciting or flashy jr's match ever, but Inoue does well to keep up with Chavo and they put on a good show, barring one moment of miscommunication. Inoue's left calf is bandaged up and Chavo goes to work straight away, using the Romero Special to great effect, but as Inoue up's his game to match Chavo's mat wrestling skills the veteran champion has to use his agility to regain control. The crowd are a bit quiet at the outset, but by the time a frustrated Chavo takes the action to the floor they're well into it. A good finishing stretch to this one, too - well worth a watch if you haven't seen much of Inoue or Chavo Sr.

iNgMAdsKkT5JO.gif

Yeah, Inoue kinda spiked him with that. It's all good though, as later Inoue goes for a flipping senton and Chavo gets his knees up when Inoue obviously wasn't expecting it - looked like it hurt a fair bit.

Striker

Don't worry guys, they're just making a person thats been with the company for almost 10 years "pay his dues".
Something something Kerwin White's caddy and being a male cheerleader.

JR's blog shows he's still getting paid, and defends them on most complaints people may have. No they aren't punishing a guy since they keep him on TV every week, but they aren't featuring him in any storylines, no prominent feuds, and constantly losing. Is it supposed to be beneficial to him that he's simply on TV, and he'll get over in that manner alone? Also talking about 'making new stars', meanwhile the company is yet again pushing the same two guys they've pushed for nearly 10 years before, and H's is also in a starring role over others.

Xater

--HHH has guaranteed there will be only one champion coming out of Sunday's unification match in Houston under TLC rules with John Cena vs. Randy Orton with the title vs. title stipulation.. During his Michael Cole interview, HHH said that Daniel Bryan was one of the most popular talents in company history but that doesn't mean he's best for business.

It seems really really unlikely that we will get any form of a fuck finish this sunday.

lol Cena wins

The Godfather just traded all his hoes with the Bossman so he could take his place in the IC match.

The Godfather then proceeded to pin Goldust and won the title.

Fucking amazing.

Shamrock is fucking hilarious. Suddenly he started using shoot names and called Undertaker "Mark" several times in a promo. He always screams like a maniac as well.

Also, where the hell did the term "X-Pac Heat" come from? In April 99 the guy is getting massive pops, and is pretty popular.

strobogo

Banned
Shamrock is fucking hilarious. Suddenly he started using shoot names and called Undertaker "Mark" several times in a promo. He always screams like a maniac as well.

Also, where the hell did the term "X-Pac Heat" come from? In April 99 the guy is getting massive pops, and is pretty popular.

Vince also called Taker by his SHOOT name at that time. Pretty classic Russo to have an angle where someone is telling someone else that they are taking the angle too seriously and need to dial it back.

X-Pac heat came around 2000 with heel DX and then 2001 with X-Factor. He was just such a twat that no one wanted to see him.

Vince also called Taker by his SHOOT name at that time. Pretty classic Russo to have an angle where someone is telling someone else that they are taking the angle too seriously and need to dial it back.

Even the commentators keep talking about how Taker is taking it too far. This Russo guy is amazing lol.

Also, why in the fuck is Owen Hart teaming up with Double J. Talk about a mismatch.

strobogo

Banned
Undertaker's angle was seriously that he started to believe he was the character of The Undertaker in real life and it weirded everyone out who just wanted to do their job on TV and go home. That's top shelf Russo.

They had nothing for him... believe also the time he brings back the Blue Blazer

He just lost clean against Road Dogg lol. Due to the match stipulation, Debra (who was managing him and JJ at the time) had to show her puppies to the crowd.

She was happily going to do so, but JJ then came out and covered her up with his guitar to a chorus of boos.

This shit is amazing. Amazingly stupid, but amazing still haha.

Top Bottom