• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Raw64life

Sting passing up a WrestleMania payday to put over Tout Man.

Edit: Wow atrocious editing cut from them about to fight and then suddenly Tout Man has a mic and his hand.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
tumblr_mxpuntdkVU1qheak7o1_250.gif
tumblr_mxpuntdkVU1qheak7o2_250.gif

tumblr_mxpuntdkVU1qheak7o4_250.gif
tumblr_mxpuntdkVU1qheak7o3_250.gif

i1z9OwrlPxQ03.gif

So, what was up with Natalya vs Alicia Fox being pretty great on Main Event this week?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u96wLnyR52M

iGRiF4MLbEgUe.gif

Wasn't sure if people were being sarcastic when I saw them praising it on twitter, but hell, I enjoyed that match.

I feel like at some point Alicia Fox actually got good, but nobody noticed because she just hasn't been on TV very often.

Alucard

Banned
A real shame about the back of that Goldust shirt. I hate how they feel the need to put something on the back AND front for wrestling shirts.

MG310

Spud is pretty great in this role. Happy they're finding things for these guys to do other than being left in Gut Check winner purgatory.

Limit

Its fine if WWE isn't interested in AJ right now but they better get him when they decide to do Invasion 2.0 after buying TNA in a year or two.

Ithil

Its fine if WWE isn't interested in AJ right now but they better get him when they decide to do Invasion 2.0 after buying TNA in a year or two.

There's no money to be had in an Invasion 2.0. The WWE fans would have no idea who the TNA guys were, whereas the top WCW guys were huge stars.

Alucard

Banned
WWE REALLY needs to start offering shirts without stuff on the back. Call them non-authentic. Make them exclusive to Hot Topic. SOMETHING

Yeah, I would probably own a lot more wrestling shirts if it wasn't for the shit on the back. For instance, I refuse to get a CM Punk shirt because of the cheesy-as-fuck "Best in the World" shit on the back. I got this ROH shirt, but I wish it didn't have the "This is Wrestling" tag line at the back:

thisiswrestling.jpg

If I wear it out, it's usually under a zip-up hoodie.

DIXIELAND! God I love Dixie Carter

Edit: It's a steel cage ladder match?

Seems creative enough. I wonder if Magnus is able to pull off a match like that. I expect some "holy shit" moments from Hardy.

Spud is pretty great in this role. Happy they're finding things for these guys to do other than being left in Gut Check winner purgatory.

Yeah, I'm enjoying him enough, but I still find him annoying more than anything...which is the point, I suppose.

Eh, I'm hopeful TNA will stick around for a while. And AJ has apparently sent out feelers to Ring of Honor about returning. I doubt WWE is interested in him.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
There's no money to be had in an Invasion 2.0. The WWE fans would have no idea who the TNA guys were, whereas the top WCW guys were huge stars.

The same issue didn't stop the NWA or ECW invasions to WWF story lines. I agree it's a poor idea, but the lack of knowledge by the average WWE fan wouldn't stop them.

Yep, if AJ Styles was a surprise entrant in the rumble would he get any reaction?

Only if there is a large enough European, specifically U.K., audience present. Beyond that, it'll get as much reaction as a Brian Christopher return.

Limit

I don't know about that. It definitely won't be a mega event but it will be big storyline nonetheless. And WWE will get a noticeable bump from influx of TNA audience at the very least.

Ithil

The same issue didn't stop the NWA or ECW invasions to WWF story lines. I agree it's a poor idea, but the lack of knowledge by the average WWE fan wouldn't stop them.

Only if there is a large enough European, specifically U.K., audience present. Beyond that, it'll get as much reaction as a Brian Christopher return.

Those weren't major things, though, and in the ECW's case it was a crossover. The NWA returns were all low-card stuff.

I don't know about that. It definitely won't be a mega event but it will be big storyline nonetheless. And WWE will get a noticeable bump from influx of TNA audience at the very least.

The problem is, is that everyone who watches TNA watches WWE, but everyone that watches WWE does not watch TNA. So there's no audience gain to be had, and the crossover is small enough that most of WWE's audience wouldn't know who any of TNA's talent are.

Alucard

Banned
Austin Aries is your new X Division champion. Okay TV match. I really hope they give Aries a mic and significant ring time in 2014.

...and I want to see Manik back competing. They had something there.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Those weren't major things, though, and in the ECW's case it was a crossover. The NWA returns were all low-card stuff.

That's my point. Any such appearance of TNA wrestlers on WWE would be seen equally as low-card stuff or unimportant.

Now NXT vs TNA, both in Florida? Done by Dusty Rhodes? That could be made into something.
Edit: Yes I realise TNA would never do it and make themselves appear as only equal on the level of "a developmental promotion".

Top Bottom