• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Undertaker's angle was seriously that he started to believe he was the character of The Undertaker in real life and it weirded everyone out who just wanted to do their job on TV and go home. That's top shelf Russo.

Yep. I remember on WWF TV, they did a sit-down, serious-time interview with Vince and Stephanie. Vince actually said something along the lines of, "What Mark is doing is what we in the business like to call 'living your gimmick.'"

Total Russo. I can't believe Vince allowed that.

Vince Russo is like the world's worst magician. Like he believes that by highlighting parts as "fake" it will add legitimacy to the parts he wants us to believe are "real". In the end you're just making everything look fake and stupid.

Vylash

tumblr_ml5vxlwNCZ1qk2t5po1_400.gif

somedevil

I am not quite sure how I would describe Leo Kruger's gimmick but it kinda works for me.

Don't worry about it anymore because they changed his gimmick to an Irish Rockstar now.

More on AJ Styles:

Per Meltzer in the observer, as soon as TNA got wind that WWE weren't interested in him, they decided to make AJ a really low offer, with the mentality that he'd have to take it since he had nowhere else to go and would have to take what they gave him. Instead he just left.

Great way to treat the face of your company. I wonder if did the Royal Rumble as an entrant would the crowd even know who he?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So what's left for AJ Styles? PWG? A few more tours in Japan? Juggalo? AAA? Motion Capture actor?

I am not quite sure how I would describe Leo Kruger's gimmick but it kinda works for me.

South African hunter who went mad from heat-induced insanity. I'm going to miss him so.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whats with all the wrestlers now and the long tights that are black with different colored graphics and a white outline

Everyone looks like Matt Sydal now. It's like the new kickpads.

So what's left for AJ Styles? PWG? A few more tours in Japan? Juggalo? AAA? Motion Capture actor?

He'll probably end up on the ex-WWE/TNA indie circuit of small, regional indies that draw big based on washed up 'name' talent and can afford to pay the exorbitant asking price guys like them work for. Plus, he's got a UK tour upcoming and I wouldn't be surprised if Mutoh brought him in for W-1 again, but I doubt he'll be appearing in any of the big name US indies unless he really wants to.

KissVibes

Banned
Of course WWE wouldn't want AJ Styles.

- He's 36. Will be 37 in June.
- Seems like he'd be an asshole
- Flatly refused to do developmental
- They can have ANY INDIE GUY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD
- They're currently trying to grow talent by recruiting "failed" football players, other athletes, and female models.
- Gotta save money for Sting.

somedevil

He'll probably end up on the ex-WWE/TNA indie circuit of small, regional indies that draw big based on washed up 'name' talent and can afford to pay the exorbitant asking price guys like them work for. Plus, he's got a UK tour upcoming and I wouldn't be surprised if Mutoh brought him in for W-1 again, but I doubt he'll be appearing in any of the big name US indies unless he really wants to.

Will any be willing to pay his supposed demands of 3,000-4,000 per appearance? Also, Wrestle-1 has a thing with TNA. So will they work with AJ even if he not with the company anymore.

I think he hoping the WWE comes knocking or that they sign Devitt so there is an opening in New Japan for a big time foreigner to come in. I bet he would agree to WWE if they pay him less so he skips NXT.

edit: I find it funny that WWE says no more Indie guys, but they are doing a tryout now, then doing another one next year for tag teams and hovering around New Japan to try to get Devitt.

Help por favor? Does anyone know/remember which Botchamania it was that had a camera zooming in and out on someone's nuts saying "GROIN!" People at work are trying to remember which one that is.

Edit: Never mind their Googling skills suck.

KissVibes

Banned
edit: I find it funny that WWE says no more Indie guys, but they are doing a tryout now, then doing another one next year for tag teams and hovering around New Japan to try to get Devitt.

It's weird.

I seriously don't think they'll ever get Devitt. Unless they promise him a world title run and loads of cash.

The Wii U is the Zack Ryder of consoles.

Of course WWE wouldn't want AJ Styles.

- He's 36. Will be 37 in June.
- Seems like he'd be an asshole
- Flatly refused to do developmental
- They can have ANY INDIE GUY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD
- They're currently trying to grow talent by recruiting "failed" football players, other athletes, and female models.
- Gotta save money for Sting.

Is there anything else in TNA that WWE might see a point in signing?

Its going to be open season for most of that roster over the coming months

A lot of them seem to old now. Most of them already misted their chance spot. If you are over 30 and not called Sting your window closed.

Shame really. Would have loved to see Aries and Joe in the E.

Ithil

They of course have actual Irish wrestlers, so I don't know why the South African guy who has been South African on NXT TV for a year and a half is suddenly Irish.

Rebecca Knox/Becky Lynch just debuted at the NXT house shows this week.

becky2r9yz9.jpg

She was excellent before her neck injury and retirement, so after several years on the bench I hope she's still as good as ever after her return. While the NXT women's division is a highlight, it's definitely lacking for roster depth on TV, they need more women actually wrestling from the NXT roster.

With Leo Kruger getting a new gimmick, I was really surprised to see him go over on Sami. Also can they, like, tell the commentators what backstage videos they plan on doing or something? Got a bit tired of hearing A-Ri keep saying that Sami was a sore loser that got what was coming to him. Also, I'm tired of hearing A-Ri.

speaking of being tired of things, when's Bayley gonna stop losing

and speaking of sami, my ROH Thanksgiving sale order came in
Maybe they should give him the Sin Cara gimmick.

No, that's for AJ Styles.

She was excellent before her neck injury and retirement, so after several years on the bench I hope she's still as good as ever after her return. While the NXT women's division is a highlight, it's definitely lacking for roster depth on TV, they need more women actually wrestling from the NXT roster.

oh man, i'm so ready for her and her weird ass gimmick to debut.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Can't wait for the NXT roster to get bumped up, need fresh faces on Raw.

no i dont want to watch nxt right now

/badperson

wait, maybe Vince or whoever REALLY REALLY WANTED someone to do an Irish rockstar gimmick, but they couldn't get Prince Devitt, so they were like fuck it, let's go with the South African hunter. same diff

They of course have actual Irish wrestlers, so I don't know why the South African guy who has been South African on NXT TV for a year and a half is suddenly Irish.

becky2r9yz9.jpg

Rebecca Knox deserves all the success in the world. Great talent. Good looking too. Hope she goes full heel. She's spectacular in that role.

Can't help but wish WWE got on this earlier with the women though. Shame Lacey never got the shot.

Alucard

Banned
Roode vs. Angle hotness culminating in a 2-out-of-3 falls match next week at the Final Resolution Impact. I'm down.

Good start to the show...Borash introduces Feast or Fired, promotes the title tournament, Angle and Roode with a hot confrontation and setup of a match for next week, and Park and Eric Young with a nice backstage segment.

You have to admit that TNA is trying really hard to actually tell stories instead of just tossing filler matches out there.

Holy crap, Backlash '99 was pretty awesome.

It's the PPV that had Rock film Austin with the camera, only to get Stunnered on the announce table.

It also has the infamous "Where to Stephanie?" scene hahaha.

Top Bottom