• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Alucard

Banned
This match is the final form of Vince Russo.

vince-russo-in-nwa-tna-1.jpg

somedevil

This match is the final form of Vince Russo.

Well then next week and the January 9th taping there are two matches that Vince Russo wished he wrote for what happens in them.

Also, in that script the lines have been probably used a lot.

Cena overcomes the two on one deficit leading too...
Finish - John Cena over

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Any TNA historians in here because I'd love to know how permanent the firings were from previous versions of this match.

Alucard

Banned
Jeff Hardy meeting Dixie to talk about things over wine?
529%20-%20macro%20swerve%20thinks_about%20vince_russo%20wcw.jpg

Decent Impact. Kind of flat overall, but nothing was really bad IMO. I pretty much liked every segment, but it moved so quickly that I've forgotten a lot of it.

Kaladin

Senshi won it in 2007 with Christopher Daniels beating him in a match for it. Curry Man won it in 2008. Sheik Abdul Bashir (Shawn Daivari) won it in 2009.

Alucard

Banned
Good things about tonight's Impact:

-Angle/Roode setup
-Real progression in the Park/Abyss angle
-EC3/Sting confrontation was effective
-Getting to see AJ Styles

Bad things about tonight's Impact:
-Aries/Sabin felt totally insignificant. Why wasn't this match advertised at the start of the show?
-Feast or Fired is a concept with a ton of holes. The wrestlers worked really hard, but couldn't save the dumb concept.

Flat things about tonight's Impact:
-Hardy/Magnus/Dixie confrontation
-Rockstar Spud storyline
-Madison Rayne's return...just because I'm not really familiar with her work

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually thought the feast or fired match was pretty sub par. Low energy mosh for the most part and the case grabbing weren't frantic enough besides maybe the last two.

Also from the hinting going around I take it Chavo is fired?

And hey, they advertised a non TV PPV for early next year! What are they down to, 3 actual PPVs? 2?

strobogo

Banned
Why does he have his back turned to the ring in those?

Because that's how TNA had their announce table at ringside for a few years. That's how WCW had their announce table for Nitro and Thunder before they moved the table to ringside. You'll see some brawls where guys will head up to the announce position and the announcers are looking straight ahead into empty seats off to the side of the stage. I guess I get that since it would look pretty shitty on TV, but TNA doing the same thing while the announcers were actually at ringside always seemed weird to me.

Raw64life

I read all the TNA spoilers through the January 9 show last week and other than the world title situation I can't even remember what I read.

strobogo

Banned
I read all the TNA spoilers through the January 9 show last week and other than the world title situation I can't even remember what I read.

I've watched 5 TNA PPVs in the past few days and I can't remember what I saw.

Hard Justice 2007 might be the next one. Steiners vs 3D, Chris Harris vs Black Reign, Abyss/Test/Sting vs Christian/AJ/Tomko Doomsday Chamber of Blood match, Joe vs Angle with every title on the line.

Or maybe Slammiversary 2007. Sting vs Daniels, New Age Outlaws vs the Bashams, Bob Backlund vs Alex Shelley, 3D vs Rick Steiner/Animal, King of the Mountain.

Or perhaps Destination X 2005. DDP vs Jarrett Ringside (Russo's) Revenge, Billy Gunn vs Kevin Nash, Monty brown vs Trytan, The Harris Brothers vs Phi Delta Slam, Dustin Rhodes vs Raven bullrope match.

Alucard

Banned
I've watched 5 TNA PPVs in the past few days and I can't remember what I saw.

Hard Justice 2007 might be the next one. Steiners vs 3D, Chris Harris vs Black Reign, Abyss/Test/Sting vs Christian/AJ/Tomko Doomsday Chamber of Blood match, Joe vs Angle with every title on the line.

Or maybe Slammiversary 2007. Sting vs Daniels, New Age Outlaws vs the Bashams, Bob Backlund vs Alex Shelley, 3D vs Rick Steiner/Animal, King of the Mountain.

Or perhaps Destination X 2005. DDP vs Jarrett Ringside (Russo's) Revenge, Billy Gunn vs Kevin Nash, Monty brown vs Trytan, The Harris Brothers vs Phi Delta Slam, Dustin Rhodes vs Raven bullrope match.

Did you review Unbreakable 2005? Mostly want your thoughts on the Styles/Daniels/Joe match.

strobogo

Banned
Last one first.

As it turns out, they only have the second half of Destination X. This shit is so TNA. Not only is everything in 360p, they also have random PPVs missing, and also have some broken up into parts with some of the parts missing. Again, this is on the paid service. Their free YT page has matches from all the PPVs in HD, special packages and content only available for free and more.

As it turns out, they only have the second half of Destination X. This shit is so TNA. Not only is everything in 360p, they also have random PPVs missing, and also have some broken up into parts with some of the parts missing. Again, this is on the paid service. Their free YT page has matches from all the PPVs in HD, special packages and content only available for free and more.
I have this show on DVD. It's pretty bad. Monty Brown/Tryton in particular was shit. And watching DDP wrestle in a shirt sucks. Even the four way for the X Division title wasn't as good as it could've been.

And yeah it's on two disks.

strobogo

Banned
I think I'll just watch some of their best ofs and make gifs if I see cool stuff. TNA PPVs are all so interchangeable, especially in 2004-2007ish. Same people, same cards, same crowd, same building, same everything.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
For all the TNA you've been watching over the years, at any point did you think they did a good job when it comes to music? Entrance music specifically?

One of my biggest complaints (from a technical stance) has always been they either play it too low or in the background where everything drowns it out or it's just so generic it makes no lasting impression. I still can't recall any except for the opening of Roode, Angle, and Joes even for those I can hear properly.

strobogo

Banned
Some of the Knock Outs had some decent themes. Winter and Madison Rayne. All TNA themes sound the same, there is almost never any silence between themes so they all blur together, and the audio mix on TV/PPVs has the crowd and announcer audio way above the music so it all sounds even shittier. The whole roster has themes even more generic than the jobber entrance themes in WCW.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
For all the TNA you've been watching over the years, at any point did you think they did a good job when it comes to music? Entrance music specifically?

One of my biggest complaints (from a technical stance) has always been they either play it too low or in the background where everything drowns it out or it's just so generic it makes no lasting impression. I still can't recall any except for the opening of Roode, Angle, and Joes even for those I can hear properly.

How could you forget Jarrett's theme?

EEE-OOO-EEE-OOO-EEE-OOO-EEE

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
With much will power I had forgotten it, damn you.

It's funny with all the former writers, wrestlers, trainers, road agents, refs, camera men, etc that TNA picked up from WWE over all these years, they never seem to have grabbed anyone from the music department.

Its such a small thing, but better sound quality and music would help so much in how it comes across on television. Even CMLL does a better job at it.

I sort of realise I haven't watched any TNA since Hogan and Bischoff took over. Well, like I've seen 10-20 minutes here and there, but I've never really seen back-to-back shows.

strobogo

Banned
You didn't miss much. It's been 3 years of Hogan blowjobs, worked shoots, and burying the home grown talent for no reason. There were multiple shows in 2010/2011 that would open with FORTY minute promos. Especially after PPVs. They also added a 3rd hour, but did a reverse WCW by calling it a separate show (ReAction, which actually was an interesting concept for promos) and using it just for promos, but as the 3rd hour instead of 1st hour.

Vylash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc8QlxzJBY4

Yano's going to reveal who his mystery partner is on December 21st - Suzuki joked that he already knew it was Bob Sapp, so it probably isn't Bob Sapp! Bullet dodged.

Also, Naito said he's going to beat Okada because he has "a dream";

Naito : "I have a dream. Okada does not have a dream. The most important thing is to do your best to achieve your dream."

Okada : "Your dream is too small."

Aiii

So not worth it
Yano's going to reveal who his mystery partner is on December 21st - Suzuki joked that he already knew it was Bob Sapp, so it probably isn't Bob Sapp! Bullet dodged.

Naito : "I have a dream. Okada does not have a dream. The most important thing is to do your best to achieve your dream."

Vanilla Midget!

Young Bucks?

Top Bottom