• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

watching

wVDNMeF.jpg

Snack Ryder.

Winter time bulk bro

#foreverbulk

jmdajr

Gaming side is treacherous waters. I must like playing with fire, I could have been joining Pops.

Don't call the Wii a fad.

BFIB

Gaming side is treacherous waters. I must like paying with fire, I could have been joining Pops.

Don't call the Wii a fad.

Between the YouTube stuff, Xbox One/PS4 NPD's, and the Wii discussions, you are exactly right.

In the words of Walter White, its best to tread lightly.

strobogo

Banned
Why would Nattie bring up the dead cat seconds before Tyson Kidd made his "triumphant" return to dark matches with Bo? That's a dick move.

Also it was so obvious that he thought the match/Bo sucked. And it's still real to Jon, damn it!

mrboo001

Banned
Is it just me, or would the biggest swerve of TLC would be that nothing exciting really happens, as in LOL Cena wins? After all the last screwy finishes in the last PPVs and the promises of one champ, it feels like they got one more silly finish before the Rumble.

Between the YouTube stuff, Xbox One/PS4 NPD's, and the Wii discussions, you are exactly right.

In the words of Walter White, its best to tread lightly.

It amazing how much more tense gaming side is since I joined. Saddening too.

BFIB

Is it just me, or would the biggest swerve of TLC would be that nothing exciting really happens, as in LOL Cena wins? After all the last screwy finishes in the last PPVs and the promises of one champ, it feels like they got one more silly finish before the Rumble.

It amazing how much more tense gaming side is since I joined. Saddening too.

Usually on new console launches, that's how it is over there.

But with the DF Face Offs, etc. I have a feeling its going to be way worse this 'gen than the last.

mrboo001

Banned
Console warriors are strange animals.

Thats the thing. If people where comparing games and graphics and other silly things maybe I could get behind it. But it feels like everyone has stocks or shorts in the various company they are praising or bashing. As if that is the only thing that matters. Thankfully WrasslGAF is a breath of fresh air.

jred2k

Why would Nattie bring up the dead cat seconds before Tyson Kidd made his "triumphant" return to dark matches with Bo? That's a dick move.

Also it was so obvious that he thought the match/Bo sucked. And it's still real to Jon, damn it!

Total Divas has given me way more respect for wrestlers. Its kind of crazy how they have to deal with girlfriends/wives nagging them over miniscule shit. And no matter how good the match is, the girlfriend couldn't care less and goes straight back to bitching afterwards.

Kaladin

It's ok. With the new program, Sunny McFlower can get his strike removed with good behavior and start going for the title again.

BFIB

I know Sun is a big fan of the XBox One. Seems like anything positive or defending the console on the gaming side right now is sending pitchfork gamers looking for blood.

Marvel

could never
Seems to happen a lot when guys get unmotivated because they either aren't getting used or used in the way they want to be used. It's sad.

That photo of Ryder is quite shocking.

strobogo

Banned
Total Divas has given me way more respect for wrestlers. Its kind of crazy how they have to deal with girlfriends/wives nagging them over miniscule shit. And no matter how good the match is, the girlfriend couldn't care less and goes straight back to bitching afterwards.

Nattie is portrayed as a straight basket case/harpie. I'm surprised that WWE is cool with how most of their people are portrayed on that show. Almost no one has come off well besides D-Bryne, JoJo, and Naomi.

Cameron is a complete idiot/angry bitch
Both Bellas are mean girls
Nikki might be a sex addict and is definitely an ego maniac
Eva Marie is aloof and a liar
Fandango is a creep (but hilarious while doing it)
Tyson might be autistic
Jimmy Uso is petty, jealous, and seems to not know how his family business works

John Cena might have OCD/be a serial killer, but I find him way more likable on TD than Raw.

KissVibes

Banned
I believe that Ryder is dealing with depression issues, judging by his Twitter. He's just really sad all the time, it seems. I can't blame him. This was his lifelong dream. He got himself and his dumb gimmick over and now look at him. Can't even show up on Raw's in his hometown. Even when they chant his name.

Fandango is just living his NXT gimmick, isn't he? That sounds awesome as fuck.

strobogo

Banned
Fuck it, not everyone can be Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage. WWE has always needed Mike Sharpes and Jim Powerseseses. Dude still gets to work for the company he's always wanted and gets paid to not destroy his body like other people on the roster. He also has full access to the WWE library and can get any match or show he wants sent to him.

Sounds like the ultimate mark dream to me.

Fuck it, not everyone can be Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage. WWE has always needed Mike Sharpes and Jim Powerseseses. Dude still gets to work for the company he's always wanted and gets paid to not destroy his body like other people on the roster. He also has full access to the WWE library and can get any match or show he wants sent to him.

I think Health Slater is fantastic in his role.

JTG has the best job though.

strobogo

Banned
He had a gimmick of acting out food based sayings. Such as crying over spilled milk, having a potato chip on his shoulder, and so forth. No idea what the point was or why they had him win NXT when they obviously had zero plans for him.

bjork

And he gets action figures made of himself. I'd be stoked if they made bjork action figures, but who would buy them?*

*this is not implying anyone buys ZR's figures

KissVibes

Banned
Who said he needs to be a top guy? Ryder was more charismatic and likable than Kofi Kingston who is TV work every week and nearly every PPV, despite being a giant joke in all wrestling communities. I would say their wrestling skill is about the same.

Unlike JTG, Hawkins, and handfuls of those other guys Ryder actually wants to be more than someone who collects a paycheck and loses dark matches versus guys on the NXT roster. Ryder got himself over, for a time was selling crazy amounts of merch, and to this day still has people chanting for him.

Why can't Ryder be in one of the tag teams? Pair him with Fandango and let them be goofy and weird. Have him work a program with someone on NXT.

That Rise Above Hate angle with Cena was the end for him. They used the momentum Ryder built with his YouTube show and social media workings to give John fucking Cena the rub. When, in reality, he should've been the one to go over Kane. Would've made a great anti-bullying story if the victim, Ryder, went above Kane (and Eve) thanks to the support of his friends and the WWE Universe. Oh and then there was Team Teddy vs Team People Power where it looked like Ryder was going to be the big hero only to get betrayed by Eve and then have absolutely no resolution to that angle.

jmdajr

The few times they gave Zack the spotlight he sure didn't take advantage of it. Not one single memorable promo. Might not be his fault, maybe he was just given no material.

He did great work with Cena/Kane/Eve though backstage. Very memorable gifs.

When you are in wrasslin long enough you eventually turn into a heat vampire. If a star is showing too much life force then John Cena and/or Triple H siphon it off to boost their own stature.

I can only assume that this means Daniel Bryan will either die off or turn into a being made of pure energy and that the authority will burn in his purifying light.

jmdajr

I think a Demonic D. Bry would be cool. I don't know if he could handle it though. He'd probbaly "corpse" as you all say.

Ryder should have been in the upper card. Hell, they were chanting for Ryder during the Rock's post match promo at SurSer. What they do instead is job him out with a shitty storyline with Cena, Eve, and Kane. It isn't on Ryder, it's on creative.

strobogo

Banned
Ryder isn't as good as Kofi. Not that Kofi is great by any stretch, but Ryder isn't as good. Every TV show needs a cosmic chew toy, and Ryder is that for WWE. So many wrestlers forget that they're just characters on a TV show.

Ryder and Ziggler should take cues from Sandow, who takes his poor booking without complaint (at least not publicly, which is the more important part). Sandow will get rewarded for it. You know who else didn't publicly bitch about jobbing constantly and being made out to look like a loser? Daniel Bryan. Think of all the terrible angles Mark Henry and Kane have been put in and never bitched about it. HHH didn't bitch on Geocities message boards in 1995 when he was facing garbage men and pig farmers, or in 1996 when he was punished for his friends.

XenoRaven

Ryder isn't as good as Kofi. Not that Kofi is great by any stretch, but Ryder isn't as good. Every TV show needs a cosmic chew toy, and Ryder is that for WWE. So many wrestlers forget that they're just characters on a TV show.

Ryder and Ziggler should take cues from Sandow, who takes his poor booking without complaint (at least not publicly, which is the more important part). Sandow will get rewarded for it. You know who else didn't publicly bitch about jobbing constantly and being made out to look like a loser? Daniel Bryan. Think of all the terrible angles Mark Henry and Kane have been put in and never bitched about it. HHH didn't bitch on Geocities message boards in 1995 when he was facing garbage men and pig farmers, or in 1996 when he was punished for his friends.
I thought this at first, but I actually don't believe it will happen.

bjork

HHH didn't bitch on Geocities message boards in 1995 when he was facing garbage men and pig farmers, or in 1996 when he was punished for his friends.

Bad example, as he bitched about it on the actual show later on.

It seems like you have to walk a strange line in WWE between saying yes and not complaining, but still being able to fight for yourself somehow. Speak up too much, you lose a push or get goofy angles or whatever. Don't say enough, they release you and say they have nothing for you. But if you do have something, and you came up with it on your own, they frown on it and seem to always favor a guy with a name or gimmick developed in-house. Dudes like Ryder don't stand a chance beyond the mid-card, unless there's a rash of injuries or suspensions.

strobogo

Banned
I'm not sure he'll be rewarded with a huge main event run, but he will be rewarded with job security. He's a good talker, good in the ring, and good at making other people look good. And he's professional.

Ryder is not a good talker at all, is decent at best in the ring, and clearly isn't very professional since he bitches about his job and bosses publicly quite often.

Rapstah

Curtis Axel is supposedly a perfect example of the guy who goes along with whatever they do with him.

Accidental pun but I'll take it.

bjork

Ryder is not a good talker at all, is decent at best in the ring, and clearly isn't very professional since he bitches about his job and bosses publicly quite often.

What if, and this is just me spitballing, they told ZR to put on some weight so they can alter his gimmick a bit, and after an injury angle or something so he can grow his hair back, they bring him back as Matt Hardy v2.0?

Eating contests etc

strobogo

Banned
What if, and this is just me spitballing, they told ZR to put on some weight so they can alter his gimmick a bit, and after an injury angle or something so he can grow his hair back, they bring him back as Matt Hardy v2.0?

Eating contests etc

izWpKNBPW6cUx.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ruined it for himself by not being able to do anything with the spotlight once he got it just as much as WWE ruined him for whatever reason they had for putting him in the Cena toilet swirl down. Yes yes "no one could survive that", but even without that he would still have crashed and become where he was just several months ago on Saturday Morning Slam and the like.

I still enjoyed his Long Island Iced Z youtube stuff, heavily scripted and able to do multiple retakes works for him. Standing next to Punk and Bryan or a foil to Kane or Tommy Dreamer and he can't quite make it if he has to talk or improvise. So they should have stuck him in a position where he could still work, backstage promos/touts they air during matches/that Scotty Goldman or Shane Helms talking box gimmick or part of a tag team.
True he hit the big time and got a taste of it, but he could still have plenty of good moments and enjoyment out of being in the same position Tensai/Albert/Bernard is or Drew McIntyre are now or what Blue Meanie used to be without having to suffer the impotence he has that can't be there for anyone higher up on the card.

If not that, he could have fit that Al Snow mode who is always there and people still know the chants for, but don't really care if he isn't seen that often on main shows or any important story lines save for "group of wrestlers supporting the big face" moments.

Just one thing has to be done. Not complain and whine constantly making even dedicated fans top caring. Oh well, at least he isn't Maven.

jmdajr

Punk had an epic rant and that helped him. I mean they gave him permission but why he and not others?

Just gotta earn Vince' respect and that's not easy to do. You can earn it and still never be a constant no.1 contender.

edit; Zack Ryder will have more merch sales than any jobber ever.

strobogo

Banned
I'd love to see Ryder get a compelling storyline where he is booked well and still blow it because he can't carry angles or matches. He should turn heel and go back to goofy heel he was at the start. He should be on TV more, but as a jobber. He could join 3MB. That would open them up to new parody gimmicks.

4 Horse Man Band
DOA
Evolution
Mean Street Posse
The Nation of Domination
The Radicalz (Ryder can be Benoit that week and be completely ignored by everyone)

jmdajr

I'd love to see Ryder get a compelling storyline where he is booked well and still blow it because he can't carry angles or matches. He should turn heel and go back to goofy heel he was at the start. He should be on TV more, but as a jobber. He could join 3MB. That would open them up to new parody gimmicks.

4 Horse Man Band
DOA
Evolution
Mean Street Posse
The Nation of Domination
The Radicalz (Ryder can be Benoit that week and be completely ignored by everyone)

He needs to know his role....

Top Bottom