• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Cagey

Banned
ivINS4n1pNWbs_zps5fbe228c.gif

:lol

jmadjr responding to a Triple H post with a Triple H gif gets me every time, without fail.

Rapstah

The part of Cena I feel is "you can't wrestle" level is how he takes stuff, what with the constant no-selling and injuries.

somedevil

Betting Odds as of Friday at 4pm for TLC. Here are the favorites so far:

AJ, Big E, Punk, Wyatt Family and Fandango

Now for the title match which right now is very interesting odds. It has
Randy Orton as a slight favorite, but I've never betting odds where both are favored. Randy at -125 and Cena at -110.

This screams either they are protecting this ending from being betted on or that bullshit finish that everyone predicted when the match was announced will happen. They are not that stupid are they?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Betting Odds as of Friday at 4pm for TLC. Here are the favorites so far:

AJ, Big E, Punk, Wyatt Family and Fandango

Now for the title match which right now is very interesting odds. It has
Randy Orton as a slight favorite, but I've never betting odds where both are favored. Randy at -125 and Cena at -110.

If they knew the match had a screwjob finish like that wouldn't they just take it off the board? There won't be an actual winner if that happened.

So many goddamn DQs in the Attitude Era. At least the DQs are interesting, but still. Russo just loves them.

edit:
Okay, Nicole Bass is an infinitely worse gimmick than the Mean Street Posse. Jesus, Russo, WHY??

Rapstah

Smackdown obviously starts with a re-cap of the closing segment of Raw, and as such I don't think pointing this out is a spoiler. They show Triple H hitting Orton with the pedigree like three times and play the opening chord of his entrance music every single time. It's ridiculous.

strobogo

Banned
So many goddamn DQs in the Attitude Era. At least the DQs are interesting, but still. Russo just loves them.

edit:
Okay, Nicole Bass is an infinitely worse gimmick than the Mean Street Posse. Jesus, Russo, WHY??

MEAT

Not sure if they were trying to balance the objectification of women or what but... yeah

The Attitude Era as a whole is bizarre and trash. That period is about big moments, not matches. I think Russo was actually weirder in WWF than WCW or TNA, but a lot of that is because Vince McMahon is a fucking weirdo as well. Russo went way off the rails in trying to make entire shows break character once he left the WWF, but there were so many fucking out there storylines while he was up there. I wonder what would have happened if he actually got to do some booking when he was briefly resigned in 2002.

I imagine a ton of SHOOTS on HHH and references to worked shoots in WCW that no one saw.

What in God's name?

Shawn Michaels was just on the Titantron and was directly addressing Shane and the others in the arena. He even responded to direct questions and shit.

He then asked the 3 riot cops in the ring to unmask and turns out he was one of them. WUT

HReMMJU.jpg

HReMMJU.jpg

HReMMJU.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Has there ever been an angle with riot guards that didn't eventually have a wrestler attack another wrestler while disguised as one of the guards? And why don't we ever see what happens to the guard that gets all of his stuff stolen?

strobogo

Banned
He was on Livewire and did a few WWF Magazine things. He was also in the Billionaire Ted sketches. But he wasn't the on screen character of Vince Russo. He might have been Vince Russo on Livewire. I'm not sure. I think he was Vic Venom, which was his writing name for WWF Magazine.

13974%20-%20Livewire%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20glasses%20peace_sign%20suit%20vince_russo%20wwf.gif

russoei4.jpg

Has there ever been an angle with riot guards that didn't eventually have a wrestler attack another wrestler while disguised as one of the guards? And why don't we ever see what happens to the guard that gets all of his stuff stolen?

There's a pile of dead stripped security guards under Titan tower.

Sable is like one of the worst Divas of all time. Even compared to her contemporaries she's like the least attractive one, and she has the most obnoxious trailer trash voice ever.

Her dance, The Grind, is a complete fucking joke. Val Fucking Venis dances sexier than her.

I think I also saw her last match in the WWF before suing them for sexual harassment. HBK reversed the rules in her Evening Gown Match with Debra. Supposedly everyone hated her backstage, and Xpac even shat in her bag :lol.

How in the hell was she so popular?

G-Fex

Sable is like one of the worst Divas of all time. Even compared to her contemporaries she's like the least attractive one, and she has the most obnoxious trailer trash voice ever.

Her dance, The Grind, is a complete fucking joke. Val Fucking Venis dances sexier than her.

I think I also saw her last match in the WWF before suing them for sexual harassment. HBK reversed the rules in her Evening Gown Match with Debra. Supposedly everyone hated her backstage, and Xpac even shat in her bag :lol.

How in the hell was she so popular?

Vince fucking loved her.

jmdajr

Brock likes her

edit: Really she was terrible performer, but I feel I underrated her cougar/milf factor. She did take good care of those stems.

strobogo

Banned
She was stunning in 1996 in the evening gowns. Then she became ultra trashy. Does it surprise anyone that she's from Florida? I had no idea where she was from, but thought that she had to be from Florida. Then I look it up and find out I was right. Everything about her screams Florida.

People talk about how the Attitude Era objectified women. But I've probably seen just as much bare male ass as female ass so far.

Bossman just pulled Test's trunks while he was reaching for the nightstick on the pole.

Seems pretty equal opportunity to me.

edit:
Billy Gunn also flashed his thong wearing ass a few Raws ago. I'm scarred for life.

jmdajr

People talk about how the Attitude Era objectified women. But I've probably seen just as much bare male ass as female ass so far.

Bossman just pulled Test's trunks while he was reaching for the nightstick on the pole.

Seems pretty equal opportunity to me.

HBK/HHH definitely showed us a lot of buttucks.

strobogo

Banned
I feel like we had this discussion not very long ago. It seemed to settle on Cena because of his ridiculous merch money. Cena's actual salary just for wrestling is over $1M. I'm sure even if he gets 10% on his merch, he'd be making another few million on top of it.

strobogo

Banned
I think Russo once appeared on Raw to give an award or some shit.

Was he one of the dudes Bob Backlund put in the crossface chicken wing? I remember him doing it to a WWF magazine writer and I've always had it in my mind that it was Russo, but I haven't seen the clip in ages.

Debra was waaay better than Sable at filling the Cougar/MILF role. She also wasn't terrible to listen to.

I agree, but she was such a terrible baker. I found Sable significantly more attractive in her second WWE run.

KissVibes

Banned
Talking about Sable/Debra reminds me that Torri Wilson was fucking incredible and my ultimate WWE female wrestling crush. And that she was married to that nerd, Billy Kidman.

BILLY FUCKING KIDMAN.

strobogo

Banned
I forgot all about that shit. Why would a male stripper gimmick be on a PG show for kids? And why would one of them be a guy like Curt Hawkins? I'd lol if Curt Hawkins is repackaged as Zack Ryder and actually gets to win on TV.

Do the reviews. But take your time or you'll want to kill yourself.

Top Bottom