• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I'm running out of favorite wrasslers who aren't in the doghouse.

At least the girls aren't on TV enough to get buried meticulously like with Dolph. :p

Penguin

Which makes me really wonder how effective of a crossover show this can be. That tease is basically ruined because we already know she has not been fired.

Steve Austin with hair creeps me out.
Well from what I understand there is an audience (decent portion) who watch Total Divas, but doesn't actually follow wrestling.
And for others probably don't watch as intensely as others so probably think can still play out

You mean Psych the Musical, right?

Recording TLC, watching Psych live, will watch Total Divas on demand later.

Well, in theory would watch TLC live.
Put on Total Divas during the final hour
And watch Psych tomorrow
Easier to carve out an hour or two then 3 to watch the PPV

Ithil

I fully expect WWE are going to do that stupid thing they always do, where to "punish" someone for a backstage issue, they bury their on-screen character, even if they are a popular one. Which is retarded, because all that accomplishes is harming your own product by damaging one of your stars.

Dock their pay, give them a fine, do something like a normal business would do. If their problem is backstage, punish them backstage, formally. The backwards carny shit needs to stop.

Guzim

I fully expect WWE are going to do that stupid thing they always do, where to "punish" someone for a backstage issue, they bury their on-screen character, even if they are a popular one. Which is retarded, because all that accomplishes is harming your own product by damaging one of your stars.

Dock their pay, give them a fine, do something like a normal business would do. If their problem is backstage, punish them backstage, formally. The backwards carny shit needs to stop.

What was the story about The Shield being in the doghouse during the summer? Something about Rollins forgetting to shake The Big Show's hand or something like that?

Speaking of which. ::shakes everyone's hand::

Aiii

So not worth it

Lets wait and see what they do. Taking the title from her might just be all the punishment she gets. She's already being jobbed out in 3 minute matches for months now, so that won't be much of a change.

Thing is AJ is a big money maker as far as merc goes, so she does have a leg up on people like Ziggler. Being Punk's girlfriend probably helps as well.

Ithil

Don't know if posted before, but WWE has run through the entire history of Orton vs Cena

http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/every-john-cena-randy-orton-match-ever

tiredsrr3k.gif

somedevil

This incident if true will show how much pull Punk has in the back as one of the top babyfaces. His contract is also up next year so we will see how much they do to keep him happy to sign one more contract.

Also, the shield had heat for hurting the Undertaker and I think Rollins talking crap to Big Show for missing a spot.

Also, people who bet on wrestling this is your chance now put your money on Natalya if you want to make some money right now.

Cagey

Banned
Also, there's a huge difference between no-selling in a fast-paced, spot-fest of a tag match on an indie show and no-selling in a 'dramatic' singles match on PPV for the biggest championship in all of wrestling. It's not like it's something the Bucks are incapable of doing (just watch their Super Jr. Tag Tournament Final against Forever Hooligans where one of the Bucks sells a leg injury throughout), but rather that they were playing up to their audience, who clearly loved it (for the most part).

It's not about being unable to sell a body part. and it's not about the Young Bucks being unable to sell.

A Young Bucks match has all participants kicking out of the most ridiculous, stupid shit. Superkicks are kicks to the gut to them: set up moves that temporarily stun the foe, but the foe will sometimes recover and deliver some massive clothesline or powerbomb or what-have-you, because they just need to get more spots in.

It got to the point where a double-teamed jumping Tombstone Piledriver had a two-count because of interference, and we thought "well you know what? at least he didn't kick out of this one on his own!"

Although the later Eddie Edwards match where Eddie eats a powerbomb into a Liontamer and wins 30 seconds later... rofl.

The AJ incident sounds crazy and probably a little blown out of proportion. Since Punk seems fine with it and is mad at WWE not AJ. Vince should love that shit since he doesn't like when his performers are pushovers.

Ithil

The AJ incident sounds crazy and probably a little blown out of proportion. Since Punk seems fine with it and is mad at WWE not AJ. Vince should love that shit since he doesn't like when his performers are pushovers.

Only if they're men. Women talking out like that isn't welcome/

Well, in theory would watch TLC live.
Put on Total Divas during the final hour
And watch Psych tomorrow
Easier to carve out an hour or two then 3 to watch the PPV

I'm gonna watch the 1st hour of the PPV, switch to Psych, then my wife will go to bed and I'll probably play some Hero Mode in A Link Between Worlds with the PPV on in the background.

bjork

Don't know if posted before, but WWE has run through the entire history of Orton vs Cena

http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/every-john-cena-randy-orton-match-ever

The beginning of the first video at that link... I'm old and fat, but I could go through that exchange at about 3x the speed they did. It's like watching Eddie/Malenko in slow-mo or something.

Also, the fact that there are enough matches between these two to have a playlist... doesn't that tell them something?

Aiii

So not worth it

All that means is AJ was probably in the right for lashing out.

strobogo

Banned
TNA Unbreakable 2005. You gonna do it? (Sorry if you've responded to me the first three times I've asked this but didn't see your response)

I started it and gave up because I don't ever want to see a show in the Impact Zone ever again. I cancelled the trial a week early because I have zero interest in TNA. The shows made me sleepy. I think I actually am still able to use their page until the trial was supposed to end anyway. But I don't know if I will. I also can't stand that they put their shit up in such low quality. I have zero problem watching old WCW/WWF stuff in 4:3 and SD as fuck. I prefer it that way. But I can't stand watching wrestling shot in 16:9 and HD looking to be of lower quality than home taped shows from 1998.

DMczaf

You sure do start and quit a lot of shows, Stro. Honestly, I'm starting to think you're not the right man for the New Generation. I just don't think you have it in you.

You could prove me wrong though....

strobogo

Banned
I've quit a lot of shows lately just because they weren't fun and were boring the fuck out of me. And once I get to that point, nothing can keep me interested in anything.

96s99.gif

Penguin

The beginning of the first video at that link... I'm old and fat, but I could go through that exchange at about 3x the speed they did. It's like watching Eddie/Malenko in slow-mo or something.

Also, the fact that there are enough matches between these two to have a playlist... doesn't that tell them something?

It means it is the greatest rivalry of our generation!*

You know what spot I'd mark out for...

RKO OUT OF NOWHERE... out of the Attitude Adjustment (not the F-U)!

So Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment and on the way down Orton hits him with the RKO. I'd scream like a teenage girl.

They should put together a play list for Ziggler/Kofi. 76 matches at least.

They've wrestled against each other 52 times on TV, with 23 of those being singles matches.

Cagey said:
A Young Bucks match has all participants kicking out of the most ridiculous, stupid shit. Superkicks are kicks to the gut to them: set up moves that temporarily stun the foe, but the foe will sometimes recover and deliver some massive clothesline or powerbomb or what-have-you, because they just need to get more spots in.

It got to the point where a double-teamed jumping Tombstone Piledriver had a two-count because of interference, and we thought "well you know what? at least he didn't kick out of this one on his own!"

Other than the overuse of superkicks (which is kinda their thing, now), that sounds like it could be any US indy wrestling tag match - it would have been the same sort of thing had it been Red Dragon wrestling Adrenaline Rush instead of the Bucks, it's just the style and I can understand not liking that style, but it's not something specific to the Bucks.

You know what spot I'd mark out for...

RKO OUT OF NOWHERE... out of the Attitude Adjustment (not the F-U)!

So Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment and on the way down Orton hits him with the RKO. I'd scream like a teenage girl.

This is a spot I've never eeeeeeever seen before.

Del Rio/Sin Cara

Best of DVD right there

I'd buy that for Hunicara!

I told you guys they're gonna start calling her Fat J on TV after she's done with Punk. Stripping her of the title is just the first step.

Soon.

Maybe they can imply her and Tamina are lovers so Cena can call her GayJ while Michael Cole fake snort laughs and JBL can repeats it every time she wrestles.

Gun Stun > RKO

I freaking love the Exploder counter into a Gun Stun Karl used to put away Nagata;

iblptJUUuZV8HQ.gif

Also BOOTS LET'S TALK ABOUT COD

I haven't watched it yet, is the replay available already?

Heard that Sick Nick returned in the main event though, which I'm guessing the crowd went suitably insane for. Also, really want to see Richards vs Dickinson as, unsurprisingly, they apparently kicked the shit out of each other.

Gun Stun > RKO

I freaking love the Exploder counter into a Gun Stun Karl used to put away Nagata;

iblptJUUuZV8HQ.gif

I haven't watched it yet, is the replay available already?

Heard that Sick Nick returned in the main event though, which I'm guessing the crowd went suitably insane for. Also, really want to see Richards vs Dickinson as, unsurprisingly, they apparently kicked the shit out of each other.

Yo dat Anderson :D

Not yet, but the whole show was nutty, Gogogo

Alucard

Banned
I started it and gave up because I don't ever want to see a show in the Impact Zone ever again. I cancelled the trial a week early because I have zero interest in TNA. The shows made me sleepy. I think I actually am still able to use their page until the trial was supposed to end anyway. But I don't know if I will. I also can't stand that they put their shit up in such low quality. I have zero problem watching old WCW/WWF stuff in 4:3 and SD as fuck. I prefer it that way. But I can't stand watching wrestling shot in 16:9 and HD looking to be of lower quality than home taped shows from 1998.

Aw, that's too bad. Well, if you can, I'd really recommend checking out the main event of the show.

Styles/Daniels/Joe put on a ridiculous wrestling clinic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9-azR3pLkI

Alucard

Banned
Since when? 2009ish?

I've seen it. I just have no desire to watch any of that stuff again.

Fair enough. I imagine that after watching as much wrestling as you do that you start feeling a bit desensitized to the product or maybe become slightly jaded.

strobogo

Banned
I've seen all the TNA PPVs from that era up until the last year or two. I'm not interested in revisiting even the good stuff. I hate how TNA is mic'd and shot. Especially the Impact Zone days.

Alucard

Banned
I've seen all the TNA PPVs from that era up until the last year or two. I'm not interested in revisiting even the good stuff. I hate how TNA is mic'd and shot. Especially the Impact Zone days.

Haha. That's kind of weird, but we've all got our levels of tolerance for things.

strobogo

Banned
They have always had terrible camera work, missing big spots on every show, and doing the crane shots at times when they ruin moments or spots. They also go through periods where they don't stay on a shot for more than 2 seconds, so it feels like a music video and is distracting.

WWE does it too, but I really hate cutting to a different angle right at the impact of a move.

Man, nothing beats Kidman vs Juvi in 1998. I believe there were 14-15 TV matches with them, at least 12 being singles matches, and they didn't even start until April or May. Benoit vs Booker was really close, though.

I'm trying to review Starrcade '84, but the undercard is SO FREAKING DULL. Still, only four more matches of trash until I can watch Ron Bass and Dick Slater punch each other in the face.

Top Bottom