• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
BronsonLee said:
Replay is up btw, Boots

Sweet! I know what I'm watching tonight.

Come on stro, review Cage of Death. It'll be fun, I promise. Freight Train wrestles. CHOO CHOO!

Idk. I think I've lost my smile.

ibxm77yG2Cf4m3.gif

This is what happens when you watch TNA.

Aiii

So not worth it
So the plot thickens...
NBC entertainment and sports personality Michelle Beadle is lending credence to today’s report concerning an incident between herself and WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee at last Wednesday’s Tribute to the Troops event in Pierce County, Washington.

Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer revealed this morning in a podcast on F4WOnline.com that Lee went on an obscenity-laced tirade towards the Access Hollywood co-host upon seeing her chat with CM Punk, the WWE Diva’s boyfriend, backstage at the event. Beadle didn’t believe Lee was serious with her unhinged WWE character-like behavior.

Michelle Beadle ✔ @MichelleDBeadle
@sjo2009 meh. I thought it was a joke.

Michelle Beadle ✔ @MichelleDBeadle
@Derpina_007 hon...it was done in front of company people. I didn't say a word. I thought it was a joke.

Beadle’s tweet gels with Meltzer’s claim, as he noted on the podcast that Lee’s Tribute to the Troops incident took place in front of many important people. He added that a number of WWE officials were very embarrassed and angry at Lee over the incident, mainly for “coming off like her character in real life, and not in a good way.” She is expected to be disciplined for her behavior.

http://www.sescoops.com/michelle-beadle-confirms-report-backstage-incident-aj-lee-thought-joke/

This would at least explain why Punk is angry with the company and what not.

strobogo

Banned
Tell me a lie and say that you won't go!

Is this a reference...to the New Generation Era?!

iy4yNR0EnMTwf.gif

iEedmWieO9597.gif

So the plot thickens...

That doesn't explain why Punk would be angry at the company. Because this YAK thought his YAK was doing her character? Or that he's mad she's going to be disciplined for going crazy in front of company people and guests? People often get fired for having public outbursts like that.

I feel like The Shield should portray the Metal Slug team in a live action King of Fighters movie.

The first good idea you've ever had.

Kaladin

That doesn't explain why Punk would be angry at the company. Because this YAK thought his YAK was doing her character? Or that he's mad she's going to be disciplined for going crazy in front of company people and guests? People often get fired for having public outbursts like that.

These are people you're talking about, not entertainers.

Aiii

So not worth it
Because maybe it wasn't serious at all and AJ was playing her character. Which means at best it would be in poor taste.

Then at least it would make sense why Punk was upset with the company.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
AJ is lucky she's not sucking off GGG. Beadle once had Kane as her background photo on twitter, and even did a podcast about his return in 2011.

Then again, GGG would never dishonor his woman.

somedevil

So the plot thickens...

Well something is happening because up till today
AJ was a huge favorite to keep the title, but now two of online betting sites have suspended that match. Meaning huge money was probably going towards Natalya.

Kaladin

I'm actually curious to see tonight's PPV....not because of quality wrestling but because I want to see what happens.....am I part of the problem?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't think they'll bury her. She draws money, and the WWE doesn't really punish people who draw money. Plus, she is sucking off Punk.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't think they'll bury her. She draws money, and the WWE doesn't really punish people who draw money. Plus, she is sucking off Punk.

Yeah, she'll be fine.

Still, she'll lose the belt over this, which is a shame, was hoping for a big WM match with a challenger winning it there from her with some more build than this. But oh well.

somedevil

I'm actually curious to see tonight's PPV....not because of quality wrestling but because I want to see what happens.....am I part of the problem?

If your paying for it I guess, but that match has interest because between Cena and Orton there is no real favorite to win. Also, get ready because they are adding Tons of Funk vs R-truth and woods to the pay per view.

I bet she is going to lose the title for this incident. I just find it weird because Brie was dating Bryan during the whole thing with AJ and there was no report of her going nuts over it.

strobogo

Banned
If there is one non-WWE guy that Vince loved, it was Rhyno. I don't think any dude coming from WCW/NWA/ECW/AWA ever got the ultra strong push he got.

So I went to Final Battle, and can I just say that the Young Bucks are the most Indie-riffic pile of dumb wrestling shit ever. They are bad, and anyone who likes them should feel bad.

Watching ROH fans chant "this is awesome!" for the same sort of no-selling bullshit they would murderdeathkill Cena for... sigh.

EDIT: and for VinnieMac and FallingEdge, they can't even clock in at 400 pounds combined. smh.

I love it. Best tag team in the world.

Striker

Sin Cara and Zack Ryder make good money off merch, and they actually do punish them, because they're never on TV (or Sin Cara's case, wasn't for a number of months).

XenoRaven

So Goto was out with a fractured jaw right? Why would you put someone who is just returning from a fractured jaw in a match with Shibata?

antonz

Beadle for awhile would tweet nothing but talking about Punk. I wouldn't doubt she would be all over him given the chance and considering Punks record AJ should probably be concerned.

Aiii

So not worth it
Richard Gray:
I spoke with a source with knowledge of the incident and was told AJ Lee was kayfabing Beadle, however, WWE officials didn’t take well to it. I’m told AJ was pulled to the side and screamed at in front of others. CM Punk is upset and doesn’t feel AJ should get heat for remaining in character.

Posted this in the other thread, but I guess deserves a repost.

This figures, AJ is always described at being nothing like her character.

Really looking forward to next Saturday's New Japan iPPV - the card isn't the greatest and it's a small show, but damn, knowing I'm going to get a good 15+ minutes of Honma in the main event? And it's against Okada? Awesome. Honma is so underrated.

XenoRaven said:
So Goto was out with a fractured jaw right? Why would you put someone who is just returning from a fractured jaw in a match with Shibata?

Because Goto's 0-2-2 against Shibata and really needs a win over him. The Tokyo Dome's the perfect place to do it and I have a feeling 2014 is going to be Goto's year (assuming Shibata doesn't re-break his jaw, lol). Can't wait to see the match, though - it should be pretty epic.

ib2D3VUqMnEpAi.gif

She goofed. She should have stayed with Jay Lethal and she could have been a major star in JAPW.

Now there's a great review project you could embark on - think of all the SAT and Da Hit Squad matches.

Richard Gray:

Posted this in the other thread, but I guess deserves a repost.

This figures, AJ is always described at being nothing like her character.

Hahahaha so she k5ed her and confused Beadle, that makes sense.

It's either an overblown thing (and Punk is right for being upset about it), or its an actual bit during the show (which wouldn't surprise me, since Meltzer gets fooled like 200% of the time)

She goofed. She should have stayed with Jay Lethal and she could have been a major star in JAPW.

You son of a bitch

Aiii

So not worth it
Hahahaha so she k5ed her and confused Beadle, that makes sense.

It's either an overblown thing (and Punk is right for being upset about it), or its an actual bit during the show (which wouldn't surprise me, since Meltzer gets fooled like 200% of the time)

Not even that as Beadle said on Twitter she thought it was a joke as it was happening. All this is is yet another time WWE officials get upset at something for the sake of it. I guess this is kind of like Flair going off-script during the SummerSlam panel that cost JR his job.

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ doesn't sell and can't draw crap. AJ at her peak is still less than Ryder at his worst.

Yeah, I know you hate AJ and all, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

AJ is one of the top selling merchandise people in WWE, only below Cena and along the levels of Punk and people, especially women, come to the shows for her. Hell, a ton of them even dress up as her.

Top Bottom