• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Cena deserved that RKO, had no reason to get involved and come out. :p

Was a great match, kind of a lame ending, but it was great for the whole... 20 minutes it played? I knew the match was going to end dirty, but was expecting a interference.

Fantastic until Cena came out to make it about him. Still, really good Raw. I'm happy with the dirty finish, since it was all Randy and not the Authority/Shield/Wyatts.

Ithil

So they're protecting Bryan, and Orton is a filthy cheat? DQs are never satisfying, but I can't fault this one.

Wonderful match.

Alucard

Banned
A truly great match. I was fine with the ending as well. It makes sense and continues Bryan's "getting screwed" story...which will EVENTUALLY lead to him winning the belt!...Right?

Kaladin

Christmas Raw? Time to check out another week....can't they put more space between this and the Slammy's?

I bet Tribute To The Troops is the next week.

No wonder we got a good show this week.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Damn good match. Great ending too. Orton can't win against Bryan so he has to cheat to win. I hope they keep this rivalry going.

...dammit. I'm getting hopes up again.

Great match. I'm disappointed in the lack of Wyatts though, the post match shenanigans were the perfect opportunity for them to come out.

what was the point of Orton working the arm is it doesn't affect Bryan's at all? dude just no sold Orton's work on the arm.

Maybe he was annoyed that Orton didn't sell his leg work at the start of the match?

Ithil

I wish that was the match they had a the PPVs. Something was always off about them there, but here they were in perfect sync. Really great pacing to the match.

Orton's strengths are that he's extremely athletic, and very precise/technically sound, you rarely see him botch or do something sloppily. The opposite of Cena, basically. He can't have great matches with everyone, but when he is working right, he is one of their best workers.

Like his series with Christian, really great stuff.

Alucard

Banned
Damn good match. Great ending too. Orton can't win against Bryan so he has to cheat to win. I hope they keep this rivalry going.

...dammit. I'm getting hopes up again.

It's the WWE fan cycle. Someone needs to make something akin to the Kofi clock with these on the clock:

"I'M DONE!"
"HOPE!"
"Stupid commentary!"
"WWE ruins everything!"
"It's getting good!"

strobogo

Banned
it's type of shit that auto removes 2 stars. part of the narrative was Orton working Bryan's arm and then the dude skins the cat, kips up, puts the submission no problem.

I get what you're saying because that's how I felt watching Chavo work Rey's leg for 12 minutes while Rey goes back and forth between not being able to walk and running full clip/doing springboards. In this case, the crowd was super hot and the match was so good you can kind of let it slide. When that stuff happens in a middling match to a dead crowd, it's really hard to look past.

Orton should continue with the character he had tonight, which was more like his 2003 Evolution character than any Viper shit.

dream

dat heel heat for orton lol, amazing. Soak it in brutha.

I give a shit about a match with Randy Orton. Feels weird. Crazy good match

For all the hate Orton gets, he's actually pretty good. Great in the ring, okay on the mic, and has the "look". He's a good worker when given the chance to work with an equally good star.

Orton makes a lot of things look effortless, John Cena wasn't lying with that line.

Major heel ending lol. Orton's character works best as a heel, he can't really do the opposite.

edit: Cena coming out to get LAID OUT

I wish that was the match they had a the PPVs. Something was always off about them there, but here they were in perfect sync. Really great pacing to the match.

Orton's strengths are that he's extremely athletic, and very precise/technically sound, you rarely see him botch or do something sloppily. The opposite of Cena, basically. He can't have great matches with everyone, but when he is working right, he is one of their best workers.

Like his series with Christian, really great stuff.

I am glad you fuckers are finally seeing the light. RKO is the best.

Alucard

Banned
I get what you're saying because that's how I felt watching Chavo work Rey's leg for 12 minutes while Rey goes back and forth between not being able to walk and running full clip/doing springboards. In this case, the crowd was super hot and the match was so good you can kind of let it slide. When that stuff happens in a middling match to a dead crowd, it's really hard to look past.

Orton should continue with the character he had tonight, which was more like his 2003 Evolution character than any Viper shit.

I enjoyed his emotion in the ring, as well as his more aggressive moveset. Reminded me of the other great match he had with Bryan a few months ago.

Sokantish

but at the same time I thought the point was to show how resilient Bryan was and he'd fight through the pain, they even were saying that in commentary

Ithil

I have always thought Orton was a very good wrestler, but not a universally compatible one. And a lot of his matches these last six months have sucked shit, so I'm glad he's getting back on track. He has always made Cena look like a joke in terms of technical skill and precision.

In 2011 he was probably WWE's wrestler of the year.

Wellscha

Here's my scenario Wrassle-GAF.

The Cena-Orton beef wasn't settled yet, so they're going to have a title match at Royal Rumble. meanwhile, Daniel Bryan competes for the Royal Rumble and wins. Which culminates into a Cena vs Orton vs Bryan triple threat at Wrestlemania.

It's Chris Benoit all over again!

I just realized there was no Miz tonight. :D

I'm telling you people. The feud is legit. You can't put two guys who for real hate each other on TV in a match together. Until they figure out what to do with those two, I don't think we'll be seeing them anytime soon.

strobogo

Banned

A lot of people talk about how good Orton is in the ring when he wants to be or is working with good opponents. In 2011, he was definitely the in ring performer of the year for WWE, having great matches with basically the entire Smackdown roster who were no where near him in terms of WWE hierarchy. When he's doing shit like having to work with Cena (because they have no chemistry and you would think 14 boring matches would be enough proof to not book the match anymore) and be a side player in the main storyline while being the champ, he can be ultra boring. When Randy wants to prove something, he's pretty amazing in the ring. Especially as a guy who has only been in the WWE system.

UberTag

Here's my scenario Wrassle-GAF.

The Cena-Orton beef wasn't settled yet, so they're going to have a title match at Royal Rumble. meanwhile, Daniel Bryan competes for the Royal Rumble and wins. Which culminates into a Cena vs Orton vs Bryan triple threat at Wrestlemania.

It's Chris Benoit all over again!
How would you book Elimination Chamber then?
Two chamber matches to decide #1 contenders for the US and Intercontinental titles at Mania?

Pizoxuat

No complaints about the ending here. Keeps the "Randy can't beat Bryan" message for when they are ready to revisit, and this match has me excited for when they are ready to do that feud.

Fantastic match. They got the crowd HOT. So good.

I want Bryan to win the rumble so i'm fine with the ending including Cena. They have to squash that stupid Wyatt shit though. I have 0 interest in that feud.

Ithil

A lot of people talk about how good Orton is in the ring when he wants to be or is working with good opponents. In 2011, he was definitely the in ring performer of the year for WWE, having great matches with basically the entire Smackdown roster who were no where near him in terms of WWE hierarchy. When he's doing shit like having to work with Cena (because they have no chemistry and you would think 14 boring matches would be enough proof to not book the match anymore) and be a side player in the main storyline while being the champ, he can be ultra boring. When Randy wants to prove something, he's pretty amazing in the ring. Especially as a guy who has only been in the WWE system.

I've always wondered how Orton would have been today if he'd spent a few years around the place, in Japan, in Europe, in US indies, during the earlier part of his career. He's obviously very gifted at pro wrestling (the opposite of Cena, who really has to pull himself through moves) and I wonder what more international experience might have made him.

How would you book Elimination Chamber then?
Two chamber matches to decide #1 contenders for the US and Intercontinental titles at Mania?

Elimination Chamber match for #1 contender to the Undertaker's streak.

It's easy, you don't even have to do a build for the PPV. Just have six guys come out, announce that they could probably beat the streak, and then boom. impromptu chamber match. Then whoever wins gets the opportunity to face Taker, and you're set til Mania!

Pavaloo

I've always liked Orton.

Noticed it all year when he was in his face phase making promos like "it's been 2 years since I've been champ and I want you guys to remember I'm a threat." To me it read as "Okay, out of cruise control now, getting ambitious again." He had some overlooked matches with Christian and RVD that were consistently good. A few good matches with Cesaro exchanging European uppercuts. His back and forth with Bryan was great back when Daniel was still falling apart with Team Hell No. Not to mention his ring work is so god damn good and I fucking love how he slides on his knee pads and does the self absorbed arm raise taunt. He would be the perfect heel character to me if it didn't rely on him being champion lol.

Ithil

Orton suddenly dropping all his slow talking montone shit and loudly telling everyone in the world to "KISS MY ASS" was hilarious.

Top Bottom