• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Vylash

Curtis Axel went from beating Cena twice to losing clean to Great Khali in supposedly ten seconds this year. I bet he sleeps well at night.

Poor guy, he's actually not too bad in the ring and could get over on his dad's legacy alone, has charisma equal to Del Rio though

The worst thing about Axel is that he's not there because he's charismatic, he's not there because he's a great wrestler - the only reason he's there is because he's the son of Perfect. He's become adequate enough in the ring, but is still so very, very dull. I mean, I feel bad for the guy because his push isn't working out, but at the same time I wouldn't mind seeing him off TV because he's taking up spots that could be better used by better wrestlers.

I'll take Crown/Canadian Hunter over over Jack/Beam/Knob Creek every day.

That's the trouble with whisky, I find - you've got to spend a bit to get the good stuff. I wouldn't touch Jack or Jim unless I had little other choice. Never had Knob Creek. Big fan of Johnny Drum Private Stock and Bulleit, though - incidentally, Bulleit's rye mash is great, well worth a try if you're a fan of the rye.

strobogo

Banned
Canadian Hunter is a bottom shelf knock off of Crown that tastes exactly the same, especially when mixed. You can get about 3 times more for $5 less than a bottle of Crown. It got me through WCW 1999.

DiscoJon

Banned
Fuck off, you blue dot loving son of a bitch. Canadian whiskey is the best whiskey.

I say goddamn, my respect for you has increased tenfold. :::sips on Crown on the rocks:::

The worst thing about Axel is that he's not there because he's charismatic, he's not there because he's a great wrestler - the only reason he's there is because he's the son of Perfect. He's become adequate enough in the ring, but is still so very, very dull. I mean, I feel bad for the guy because his push isn't working out, but at the same time I wouldn't mind seeing him off TV because he's taking up spots that could be better used by better wrestlers.

he should have a Larry Zbyszko-style stalling gimmick. i don't know if fans nowdays have patience for that type of stuff but i know i would watch him take 7 minutes to get in the ring while talking trash to the audience.

Rapstah

Curtis Axel would benefit a lot from promo videos where he obviously cheats at sports to be "better than perfect". Like beating someone with one move in chess or doing a round of golf in less strikes than there are holes. This would obviously also be because of his dad's gimmick but at least it could be decent television.

Edit: What the hell is with the third question?

isjohncenae2uo9.png

Is there a reason why people would even think they're brothers? Did Cena call him "brother" one time because he's a rapper and Darren Young is black?

Vylash

Curtis Axel would benefit a lot from promo videos where he obviously cheats at sports to be "better than perfect". Like beating someone with one move in chess or doing a round of golf in less strikes than there are holes. This would obviously also be because of his dad's gimmick but at least it could be decent television.

Edit: What the hell is with the third question?

isjohncenae2uo9.png

Is there a reason why people would even think they're brothers? Did Cena call him "brother" one time because he's a rapper and Darren Young is black?

Well the "joke" is that cena and young are brothers because they look similar

KissVibes

Banned
Of course John Cena isn't Christian! What a weird thing to ask about. The prosthetic work they'd have to do would be absurd, and Cena isn't nearly as slim as Christian is. Not to mention both have completely different wrestling styles.

Aiii

So not worth it
Serious question for US GAF. Do you lot (or your fellow Americans) really think less of people if they're not Christians?

I'm assuming the only reason to ask that question is because people need John Cena to be a Christian before they can buy his t-shirts.

strobogo

Banned
Serious question for US GAF. Do you lot (or your fellow Americans) really think less of people if they're not Christians?

I'm assuming the only reason to ask that question is because people need John Cena to be a Christian before they can buy his t-shirts.

Not at all for me, but I know a girl who out of the blue said she couldn't marry someone who isn't Christian and revealed that she was actually a big church person. I'd known her for about 10 years and had never heard god or church mentioned once by her. I'd prefer not to know what my entertainers religious and personal views are because they often make me think less of them. Not for specific religions, but how extreme they are. I don't want to know Wrestler A's views on gay and black people. I don't want to know which building they go into and which holidays they celebrate. I think the majority of Americans don't give a fuck about any of it, but there are pockets where such judgements are very strong and ingrained.

Vylash

Nope, I only think less of people if they're awful people, religion has nothing to do with that

America can seem very crazy with the religion to Europeans, I think - like that huge fuss your right wing media kicked up when Obama didn't thank God in some speech. For a country that's supposed to have separation of church and state, it's hard to imagine an openly atheist or non-Christian president ever being elected.

Aiii

So not worth it
Fair enough, that seems reasonable at least.

America can seem very crazy with the religion to Europeans, I think - like that huge fuss your right wing media kicked up when Obama didn't thank God in some speech. For a country that's supposed to have separation of church and state, it's hard to imagine an openly atheist or non-Christian president ever being elected.

Yeah, that's what it seemed like to me as well. The God/McCain signs I passed on my 2008 US trip didn't help that much either, but that was Utah I figured.

I dunno, it just seems that religion is a much more private business in Europe. Maybe we have a more "live and let live" attitude towards all things, including religion. At least, that's what it seems like to me.

UberTag

Besides the possibility of Cody v Goldy, WM30 seems kinda shitty. CM Punk going with the same old antiestablishment storyline is so boring. I don't find the Wyatt family interesting at all....hell, same goes for Batista. I like HBK and Triple H, but I don't want to see them in the ring or hog up camera time ever again.
All I want from WM30 is for D Bry to finally get the title, not get screwed over, and for me to be able to cry along with 80,000+ other people in the superdome lol. Guess that isn't happening :(
Of course WM seems kinda shitty.
Since when hasn't WM been shitty the past 4 years for any match that didn't involve Shawn Michaels or The Undertaker?

It's the RAW after Mania that hasn't been desecrated yet.

In the meantime, stop clinging to any pointless hope of D.Brine going anywhere in his career and just be happy that he gets TV time of some kind.

Aiii

So not worth it
Right you are. Daniel Bryan is making bank doing what he does and gets to go home to the good Bella, he's fine.

Cena can have his 32 title runs when all is said and done and return home to his empty house with different hampers for smelly and non-smelly dirty clothes.

---

Speaking of Cena, watch Smackdown's main event today guys, Rollins vs. Cena is the main event and it's Punk vs. Cena on Raw levels of good. It really is insanely good for a TV match.

I heard it was great, gonna watch it in a bit. Rollins is pretty underrated, I really hope he gets his due.

That Planetside 2 thread on gamingside reminds me why I so dislike the PC gaming crowd. If there was ever an argument to be made against cross-platform gaming, it's the super obnoxious sections of both PC & console fanbases.

strobogo

Banned
Finished AC4. I liked it a lot more than 3, but I also skipped every cut scene, quick traveled as much as possible, and didn't do any of the collectibles. It got a little too meta for me with the modern day story. A little too cute for its own good in that respect. The bright and vibrant colors were a nice change from the last 2 games. Still, the engine needs an over haul.

KissVibes

Banned
Woods all but says he'd want a Fire Pro game instead. It was totally a "Hey, we'll let you make this list but you better mention OUR game."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why does Matthew Gallant keep talking about himself?
Woods all but says he'd want a Fire Pro game instead. It was totally a "Hey, we'll let you make this list but you better mention OUR game."

Not really. He says that he likes both. Hell, I get the impression he mentions Fire Pro just so people will shut up about it, and that he actually likes 2k better

DMczaf

I told y'all , Xavier is just a male AJ Lee pulling y'all geeks heart strings for cheap pops.

Yay! Yay! He like vidja games like WE do! Yay! Yay!

Bunch of mark ass marks up in here.

The fact that he even mentions Dynasty Warriors means he knows what's up, otherwise he would have listed COD or some shit. You might not like the series, but it ain't the sort of game some casual pretending to be a nerd lists.

Is it possible for a wrestler to express interest in a video games without the authenticity of said interest being called into question? Does Punk get called a fake every time he posts something about baseball? Why are nerds and/or gamers so faithless when it comes to attractive, successful, upwardly mobile people showing interest in their basement dweller hobbies?

AJ Lee. Duh. Theres only one AJ.

AJ Lee is a mainstream Nerd. The worst kind.

Is it possible for a wrestler to express interest in a video games without the authenticity of said interest being called into question? Does Punk get called a fake every time he posts something about baseball? Why are nerds and/or gamers so faithless when it comes to attractive, successful, upwardly mobile people showing interest in their basement dweller hobbies?

This is a fair point. I rarely talk about my hobbies at work, as it just isn't the place to talk about them, but the few times I do talk about them it seems clear that a few others have similar interests in wrestling and computer games. Interestingly the only wrestlers anyone can name are from the Attitude Era, which only makes me realise how crazy big the WWF must have been at that point in time.

Everyone knows The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker (and Hulk Hogan of course).

I actually skipped a beat when my boss started to talk about he had read recently that the WWE paid John Cena the most money as he was the figurehead of the company and the guy who could get the most people into the building during a conversation about leadership in sports. I asked him if he watched wrestling, and he was suddenly super defensive "No, no, just something I read, which I thought was interesting."

Very random.

Top Bottom