• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm only level 12 because I hardly ever trophy hunt, but I love Diablo so I just put the game on and grind dungeons as I watch some TV or movies on my other screen.

I have like 5 platinums now, this one, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Uncharted 3 and The Walking Dead twice (PS3 and Vita) and that's it. heh.

Yeah the only games I ever really trophy hunt in are JRPGs. I can sink dozens of hours into even the crappiest ones, like all 3 Neptunia games, Trinity Universe and Final Fantasy 13 (but not 13-2 even that was too much of a grind and hassle for me)

I had so much free time in college but now that I'm working a fair amount of hours I don't have as much time to dick around as I used to.

I tried doing it with WWE 2K14 but fuck I am just bad at the game. All the Taker stuff is just a total pain in the ass for a scrub.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane should really change his attire if he's going to wrestle under this authority gimmick, like a torn sleeveless suit or something.
I wonder if he'll actually enter the rumble this year so I can be irked by him being eliminated before actually doing anything, gotta keep him away from that HBK record.
Kane will continue to wrestle until he's 100, and every year they'll have to come up with some excuse not to have him break the record.

Watching some Arisa Nakajima matches, she hits a sweet-ass Cutie Special;

is3yurkXKCsm9.gif

Yo, that Mr. McMahon in USWA shit is crazy. I had no idea that was going on back then at all until I saw Stro's recaps. Now I want a DVD of it from the WWE stat.

Ultratech

that hair does not favour AJ at all.

Indeed.

Looks silly as hell.

Yeah the only games I ever really trophy hunt in are JRPGs. I can sink dozens of hours into even the crappiest ones, like all 3 Neptunia games, Trinity Universe and Final Fantasy 13 (but not 13-2 even that was too much of a grind and hassle for me)

I had so much free time in college but now that I'm working a fair amount of hours I don't have as much time to dick around as I used to.

I hear ya.

I used to have no problem trying to 100% games and stuff because I had the time to do it.

Now? Not so much.

Hell, I'd argue that over the last year or two, I've fallen behind on what I actually want to play and stuff. Just a lack of time (and/or effort on my part).

Kaladin

Also, he's facing Roderick Strong in Nashville.

AJ Styles will face "Mr. ROH" Roderick Strong in Nashville in a huge match that will air on ROH TV the weekend of February 1st! It has been 8 years since Styles competed in ROH while Strong has been one of the most consistent competitors in ROH for the last 10 years. We are excited to welcome AJ back but not too sure that Strong will feel the same way.

"I'm excited to return to ROH and the Nashville Fairgrounds. Lots of history made that I was made that I was part of in both. Expect more on January 4. Hope Nashville fans fill that asylum," said AJ

That burn.

Pavaloo

So I was having this discussion last night with my brother about WWE games. He isn't much of a gamer at all, he plays sport games almost exclusively. He kept asking about 2k14 as I just got it and wanted to know what the single player was like. He said something he has said about wrestling games for a few years now which is "can you run around backstage? and brawl in the parking lot and stuff?" and I replied "no you can't, but even in previous games it wasn't like it played better being in the parking lot, unless you could drive a forklift or something." Then he kept saying "I wish it was more like GTA, I just want to run around the back." and then it hit me!

A Mass Effect 2 style story mode in a wrestling game would be perfect! Matches play like matches sure, but between matches you could walk around backstage and in the locker room. Try politicking, forming friendships and alliances, rivalries, tag teams, etc. It would even allow you to run through story mode as any wrestler and play one full year. (WM to WM)

I don't know if I'm explaining it well enough, but it seems like a perfect fit to me. :p Instead of becoming the captain of the normandy that the crew grows fond of, you would become a locker room general or something. Hell, respected/proven superstar when you finish single player mode by facing Undertaker at WM and losing (earning locker room respect and shiz)

So I was having this discussion last night with my brother about WWE games. He isn't much of a gamer at all, he plays sport games almost exclusively. He kept asking about 2k14 as I just got it and wanted to know what the single player was like. He said something he has said about wrestling games for a few years now which is "can you run around backstage? and brawl in the parking lot and stuff?" and I replied "no you can't, but even in previous games it wasn't like it played better being in the parking lot, unless you could drive a forklift or something." Then he kept saying "I wish it was more like GTA, I just want to run around the back." and then it hit me!

A Mass Effect 2 style story mode in a wrestling game would be perfect! Matches play like matches sure, but between matches you could walk around backstage and in the locker room. Try politicking, forming friendships and alliances, rivalries, tag teams, etc. It would even allow you to run through story mode as any wrestler and play one full year. (WM to WM)

I don't know if I'm explaining it well enough, but it seems like a perfect fit to me. :p Instead of becoming the captain of the normandy that the crew grows fond of, you would become a locker room general or something. Hell, respected/proven superstar when you finish single player mode by facing Undertaker at WM and losing (earning locker room respect and shiz)
When the actual gameplay stops being shit, that could be a good idea. Until then, there's nothing the wwe games could do to make me ever want to buy them again. They need to fix the fucking gameplay and the models.

Jeff Jarrett should just take Styles and make a new promotion with him. Burry that TNA title burn it at the 1st show proclaim themselves the number 2 company in North America. Bring up all the trash TNA does and how they pay their talent. It wouldn't be that hard to top TNA's production values just some portable i-phone speakers should topple TNA's audio quality.

Jeff Jarrett should just take Styles and make a new promotion with him. Burry that TNA title burn it at the 1st show proclaim themselves the number 2 company in North America. Bring up all the trash TNA does and how they pay their talent. It wouldn't be that hard to top TNA's production values just some portable i-phone speakers should topple TNA's audio quality.

Cool. Got a national TV contract for them as well? Because a pro wrestling company in 2013 that either isn't owned by a media conglomerate or has a strong contract with a TV network is doomed to be just an indie.

On what channel?

Aiii

So not worth it
Yep, I think a weekly wrestling promotion that publishes online is perfectly viable if you have the roster that can convince people to pay a few dollars a month to watch it.

It does take some balls and a good stremaing service though, perhaps partnering with YT for a paid channel or something along those lines. Requires an owner with deep pockets the first few years though, not sure JJ has that kind of cash to spend, but who knows which Nashville artist will back him up in a new venture, right?

Pavaloo

When the actual gameplay stops being shit, that could be a good idea. Until then, there's nothing the wwe games could do to make me ever want to buy them again. They need to fix the fucking gameplay and the models.
The last wrestling games I played before a huge hiatus were the Smackdown vs Raw games around 2006/7 and before that I was big into No Mercy on N64. It's been FOREVER since I've played either so I forget a lot of mechanics, but I remember the grappling system being wayyy better on No Mercy. I'm not sure what other gameplay mechanics I'd want from a wrestling game. I mean, if WWE games were polished and the shitty bugfests that they are I think mechanically it's a sound game. I'd love to hear ideas about gameplay mechanics for the matches though!

That being said, fuck yeah they need a complete graphic overhaul. The models are so damn bad it's ridiculous. Watching the video vignettes and going to gameplay is SO jarring because everyone is 5 times thicker than they really are. Austin's face is so half assed. Most of it is. Lighting is bad, animations haven't improved. Man, with a modern lighting engine, dynamic spotlights and what have you, you can make an INCREDIBLE looking game that would probably run really well at a solid 60fps too. BLEH

Is WWE 2k14 the only wrestling game? No other promotions are putting anything out?

I'm not sure. I always hear about 2D indie games, but nothing for consoles.

Aiii

So not worth it
Meltzer and Alvarez have been talking about it for a month, so I'm sure Vince knew.

But unless UFC has the years and years of library Vince has, I doubt it will compare.

Kaladin

It doesn't include live PPVs? At least thats what the FAQ makes it seem like. Seems pretty meh but I don't have any interest in UFC so whatever.

They're basically moving their fight night events over to the Fight Pass, that's the only way you'll get to see those shows.

You think they would include PPVs when they sell those bad boys at $60 a pop?

Aiii

So not worth it
They're basically moving their fight night events over to the Fight Pass, that's the only way you'll get to see those shows.

I guess that would depend entirely on how many PPV's per head they sell per year.

If it's 1 or 2, than 9,99 per month comes out at the same or more per year if you give a person all the PPV's for a monthly flat fee.

If it's three, then yes, fair point.

Doubt it's three though at that price.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Wasn't the WWE Network supposed to include PPV events or something? I haven't really been following the rumors much.

Aiii

So not worth it
Plus, PPV's are only half in net income for UFC and WWE, after fees and such IIRC from a discussion between Meltzer and Alverez about it.

RBH

0.jpg

These were all the matches that were taped:

* Mark Henry and Big E Langston vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel

* Daniel Bryan vs. Erick Rowan

* CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatt Family

* John Cena, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatt Family

* The Prime Time Players vs. 3MB

* The Shield vs. Rey Mysterio and The Usos

* Divas Battle Royal

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston

* R-Truth vs. Fandango

somedevil

Wasn't the WWE Network supposed to include PPV events or something? I haven't really been following the rumors much.

Right now it seems if you get when it debuts you get WrestleMania with it for free. After that it you get all the B pay per views with the channel plus there is rumors you get all the rest except WrestleMania but nobody knows until the announcement.

Also, the UFC channel is not going to give you the pay per views and it lacks the library the WWE has so I don't see why people would want it. Fox invested in the UFC and needs it for the new channel so I don't see them putting the B level shows on the streaming channel. So your just going to get the C and D level cards on it.

xTOOLx

UFC doesn't have the library?

Every UFC, Pride and WEC event is enough to get my money. The Pride catalog alone is well worth it to me.

Top Bottom