• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Rapstah

Ricardo Rodriguez is filling in for Heath Slater as a member of 3MB at WWE house shows and they are supposedly not giving any explanation for it at the events. Pretty funny.

Aiii

So not worth it
What about Miz?

Miz shit all over Marines by portraying one in a movie last year so I'm sure they requested him to not attend.

Ricardo Rodriguez is filling in for Heath Slater as a member of 3MB at WWE house shows and they are supposedly not giving any explanation for it at the events. Pretty funny.

Heath Slater has been given some time off to resolve personal issues.

KissVibes

Banned

They should've had him pretend to be Hunico.

Hell, just make that Ricardo's gimmick. Kinda like Charlie Haas

If they really wanted to complete the gimmick for 3MB they really should have a rotating slot for one member and that member just gets replaced the following show after taking a big bump o randomly exploded at every single show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
On this date in wrestling history 16 years ago:

stinghogantarrcade97.jpg

The beginning of the end IMO

Since you're just doing random events now Stro you should do Starrcade 1997 for fun.

It really was the canary in the coal mine despite how awesome 1998 was at the beginning (and all year for business despite the back half being boring as fuck match wise)

strobogo

Banned
I think Memphis is the only territory that WWE doesn't own the footage of. As far as I know, the Jarretts still own the CWA/USWA footage. Lawler might own USWA footage. Jeff and his dad should make an aggressive deal to sell to footage to Vince for the network or release the footage themselves.

I think Memphis is the only territory that WWE doesn't own the footage of. As far as I know, the Jarretts still own the CWA/USWA footage. Lawler might own USWA footage. Jeff and his dad should make an aggressive deal to sell to footage to Vince for the network or release the footage themselves.

I think there's other minor territories that Vince either doesn't own or there's not enough footage out there (ie. Portland outside of the Buddy Rose tapes). But, from what I've read, nobody actually knows who completely owns the USWA/CWA footage because of the various legal wrangling Lawler got involved in during the mid-90's.

As a side note, here's a playlist of Portland wrestling - not one show 'cause there's no shows available, but it does have a story to it - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdj3IsWCikncA_CpH6SDayf-Gh8vwVDB9&feature=mh_lolz

KissVibes

Banned
The best part of that win percentages list is John Cena's 2012 which they painted as his worst year was his third best in terms of wins in his entire career.

krae_man

The best part of that win percentages list is John Cena's 2012 which they painted as his worst year was his third best in terms of wins in his entire career.

But but but he lost those 3 matches. Clearly he had a bad year.

LOL Dolph Ziggler only above 50% while in the Spirit Squad.

krae_man

He only had 2 PPV victories, and those are what tend to stick with people more

Umm no, that's wrong

John Cena's 2012 PPV matches:

Royal Rumble: Double Count Out Vs Kane
Elimination Chamber: Wins Ambulance Match(that was also the main event for some stupid reason)
Wrestlemania: Loses Once in a Lifetime
Extreme Rules: Defeates Brock Lesner for some stupid reason
Over The Limit: Loses to Johnny Ace
No Way Out: Makes up for losing to Johnny by completely destroying him and Big Show. Johnny is now Fired
Money in the Bank: Wins the John Cena Briefcase
Summerslam: Loses to Punk.
Night Of Champions: Double Pinfall
Hell in a Cell: Doesn't wrestle
Survivor Series: Punk beats him
TLC Loses to Ziggler

So we have

Wins: 4
Loses: 5
Draw/no compete: 3

What did those loses amount too?

Rock-
iFMyAfkU8kCiR.gif

Johnny-Johnny got completely humiliated and fired

Punk- Punk was constantly called a chump and forced to defend his title against cena again and again until Cena finally decided to give him props right before he went over.

Ziggler: Cena completely humiliated him by kicking out of 85 finishers and wining the next 15 matches they had.

Yep Cena had a slightly below 500 PPV year but only in the matches that didn't matter(save maybe 1, but he even made up for that one)

Heels tend to lose a lot of matches unless they're the champ. Or named Triple H.

Oh so that's why Babyface Ziggler is tearing up 2013...

Alucard

Banned
ROH's first show of 2014 sounds like it could be something special.

Saturday, January 4th in Nashville, TN.

-AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong
-Chris Hero vs. Kevin Steen
-Ciampa vs. Silas Young
-Appearance by Rowdy Roddy Piper

I wish I lived in Nashville. I'd be all over this!

Anyone else picking up more interest in ROH of late? They've had a string of good PPVs.

Vylash

I haven't seen ROH in years, I watched their big tv debut thing but the production values were so pathetic I didn't bother watching more, have they improved?

Alucard

Banned
I haven't seen ROH in years, I watched their big v debut thing but the production values were so pathetic I didn't bother watching more, have they improved?

They've got a great heel champion in Adam Cole, Kevin Steen and Mike Bennet just had a very nice feud, which I think is going to continue, there were two new stables/connections established at their final show of the year, their in-ring product is second-to-none, and their tag division also looks pretty good right now. But I also don't mind their production values one bit. :) Oh, and they've got some pretty hot talent in guys like Michael Elgin, ACH, and Kyle O'Reilly.

Adam_Cole_ROH_TV_109.jpg

Top Bottom