• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

charsace

Speaking of NXT. Natalya vs Paige, thoughts? I know Stro has been looking forward to it oh so much.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/567432

That opening segment with Cesaro and Leo Kruger worked so much better for me than any backstage promo we've gotten from Raw or Smackdown this past year. It was fully in character, got my interest in my match, could have lead to something (if we didn't already know what's happening with Kruger), and wasn't over produced and directed.

She wrestlers someone that knows how to wrestle and she has a good match. Surprise, surprise.

Yeah, so Nakamura & Ishii vs Tanaka & Yujiro was freaking AWESOME. Well worth going out of your way to see this match.

iy4ioHbyS01um.gif

Hi everyone, I'm new to WrassleGaf (well, the Gaf in general). I haven't really watched much wrestling recently, WWE hasn't been that great. I do need to start watching Japanese wrestling sometime, I've heard a lot of good about it. Same for NXT.

Welcome! NXT's easy enough to watch with Hulu and it's a great time to jump into Japanese wrestling - the biggest show of the year is taking place on January 4th, there should be a bunch of us here watching live so it should be fun;

www.ustream.tv/njpw

XenoRaven

Hi everyone, I'm new to WrassleGaf (well, the Gaf in general). I haven't really watched much wrestling recently, WWE hasn't been that great. I do need to start watching Japanese wrestling sometime, I've heard a lot of good about it. Same for NXT.
I don't speak for everyone, but the general consensus here is that NJPW and NXT are pretty much the best wrestling programs going right now, except for Aiii, who thinks that Total Divas is the best. If you need promos and need everything to be in English, then you'll enjoy NXT more. If you're just looking for great matches, NJPW is perfect.

Big fucking complaint about this week's NXT: Everyone acting like Sami Zayn randomly showed up during Leo Kruger's match like they had no idea there was footage of Kruger attacking Zayn after his match last week. Fucking amateur.

In all fairness I think the backstage segments are recorded after the show, there was another issue in the timeline where Kruger approached Cesaro early in the show to talk about his match with Zayn when the match wasn't announced until after Zayn came out in Kruger's match which happened later in the show.

Other than that and Alex Riley being fucking awful on commentary (they really should fire the twat; every line he says is moronic, sexist or prejudice in some other way) I thought the episode was flipping great. All of the matches and the backstage segments were fun to watch, Bo's finish to his match was the most Bo thing he could possibly do and I was really impressed that one lone fan wasn't so enamour with Cesaro that he was able to boo as Antonio bullied an innocent Saxton.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else think that Shinsuke will drop the IWGP IC belt on WK8 to chase after Okada?

Also, where'd those comic pages come from?

If he's going to drop it, it'll surely be at WK8 because Tanahashi is a great champion and surely could use it to the fullest. Nak's had it for a long time, aside from the brief interlude when he went to Mexico and dropped it briefly, but I think this is going to be the year CHAOS implodes.

Ithil

Anyone else think that Shinsuke will drop the IWGP IC belt on WK8 to chase after Okada?

Also, where'd those comic pages come from?

If Okada retains at WK, he'll need top challengers, and Tanahashi isn't allowed challenge again for the rest of his reign, so putting Tanahashi in the number two spot on the PPVs that Nakamura has been in for his IC reign seems like a great idea, you keep his star power around and continue making the IC title have a lot of momentum (like Nakamura has given it) and worth on the card.

Plus they've been holding off on Nakamura/Okada, that is a match people will want to see. It's time Nakamura got back in the IWGP title chase, anyway.

At the end of the Okada & YOSHI vs Iizuka & Yano match Gedo was pissed with Yano for using a chair and Iizuka for choking out YOSHI with a microphone lead. I could see that hinting at how a CHAOS split would go down;

Nakamura CHAOS: Ishii, Iizuka, Yano, Yujiro & Tanaka
Okada CHAOS: Jado, Gedo, YOSHI, Koslov & Romero

Realistically, CHAOS going under is a feud that could last for months - there's a ton of stuff they could do with it. I'd like to see a 12-man elimination tag with those guys, or guys like Ishii, Yujiro & Tanaka getting shots to build up for Shinsuke's challenge.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At the end of the Okada & YOSHI vs Iizuka & Yano match Gedo was pissed with Yano for using a chair and Iizuka for choking out YOSHI with a microphone lead. I could see that hinting at how a CHAOS split would go down;

Realistically, CHAOS going under is a feud that could last for months - there's a ton of stuff they could do with it. I'd like to see a 12-man elimination tag with those guys, or guys like Ishii, Yujiro & Tanaka getting shots to build up for Shinsuke's challenge.

It'll go all year if it happens, if you ask me. It's a feud you can build the whole year off of. Solid competitors, plenty of configurations.

Ithil

CHAOS Wolfpac and CHAOS Hollywood

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nakamura has that red & black look covered.

A CHAOS implosion, with a resulting Nakamura/Okada feud would potentially make for an amazing 2014.
Absolutely, and it'd be a great thing for CHAOS as they are just too large. It needs a split.

Time to search Dailymotion for this match.

I'm all for a CHAOS implosion too, but I kinda wonder if there's gonna be a one too many factions at that point.

Plus has the thing with Suzukigun been resolved? Can't seem to recall.

Ithil

In all fairness I think the backstage segments are recorded after the show, there was another issue in the timeline where Kruger approached Cesaro early in the show to talk about his match with Zayn when the match wasn't announced until after Zayn came out in Kruger's match which happened later in the show.

Other than that and Alex Riley being fucking awful on commentary (they really should fire the twat; every line he says is moronic, sexist or prejudice in some other way) I thought the episode was flipping great. All of the matches and the backstage segments were fun to watch, Bo's finish to his match was the most Bo thing he could possibly do and I was really impressed that one lone fan wasn't so enamour with Cesaro that he was able to boo as Antonio bullied an innocent Saxton.

Well, you weren't kidding. Riley was particularly putrid on commentary this episode.

Welcome to Wrasslegaf, enjoy your stay.

Do you have a current fave 5?

Yano uses chairs on Nakamura for god's sake. And they're bffls

Gedo just didn't want Yano hurting his precious cash cow Okada. He is the 'Raintaker', after all.

Khrysler Jerikho said:
Plus has the thing with Suzukigun been resolved? Can't seem to recall.

They haven't really touched on it since Suzuki lost his IC title shot to Nakamura - I'd guess that it's done with, for the moment.

While I'm falling behind on my NJPW, I'm all caught up on AIW and AAW. The commentary team in AAW annoyed me the first few shows but now, I've warmed up to them and enjoy their unique style. I still love me some Silas Young and god damn Scarlett Bordeaux is hot hot hot.

yes yes yes indeed

I really like Silas, but damn, he really needs to stop with that weird Arabian press finisher and start lariating fuckers to death.

Gonna grab the latest AIW show this weekend, looking forward to Alexander vs Elgin.

I really like Silas, but damn, he really needs to stop with that weird Arabian press finisher and start lariating fuckers to death.

Gonna grab the latest AIW show this weekend, looking forward to Alexander vs Elgin.

I like that finisher as convoluted as it can be :p

And his gimmick is that he is "The Last Real Man In Professional Wrestling" and comes out to Journey. How could anyone not love that guy!

Ithil

Something that caught my eye in the Observer this week:
Another note regarding Survivor Series and our criticism of Eva Marie after being eliminated, when she was smiling and celebrating as she walked to the back, which makes no sense if you’ve just lost your match on a big show, this was not her fault. They are teaching new talent that if they are on the face side that when they leave the ring they should smile and engage the fans and play their character, and not sell the loss.

Good god. This is a Stephanie thing, isn't it?

somedevil

Some Interesting stuff out of the impact tapings:

Jeff Hardy reason he won't be in England because of his drug arrests:

Post match Sting and Hardy stayed in the ring and Hardy took a mic. He said he is sorry for last week and tonight. Hardy said he has been asked before why he wanted to get into the business and said it was because of Sting. He said without him there never would have been a Jeff Hardy. He said Dixie has driven him crazy it’s taken the heart out of him and he needs his heart. He destroyed himself last week and he didn’t win. He said Dixie does not own him. Hardy said he is sick of the politics. Sting stopped him to not tell him what he thinks he is going to say. Hardy said he wants to stay and fight but the fight is all gone. He said this was his last match in TNA. He said he will leave and not return until the sun Hines on this dark kingdom. He hugs Sting and leaves.]

Sam Shaw wrestles and his gear sounds interesting:

Samuel Shaw comes out after Christy Hemme introduces him or a match. He opens the ropes and makes go air down. He put on leather gloves before his match. His gear was a long sleeve grey shirt, and white pants.

In why did they think this would work match:

Backstage they showed Kurt Angle asking Gunner to be his partner. James Storm was walking up and was not thrilled over it and said things were about to get interesting.

As Gunner made his way to the ring JB asked him what if Roode selected Storm as his partner. Gunner said things were about to get interesting.

* In a tag team match, Bobby Roode and James Storm defeated Kurt Angle and Gunner. Gunner had Roode in the Gun Rack until Storm super kicked him. Roode then hit his Death Valley Driver for the win. Angle chased Roode out. Storm placed the briefcase on Gunner

Guess he forgave him for almost killing him in a match.

MC Safety

I saw NXT via Hulu.I guess it was the most recent episode

It looked as if that announcer guy hurt himself very badly when he was thrown by Antonio Cesaro. His head may have bashed into the bank of lights on the side of the gangway

DMczaf

He was in one of the best matches I've seen all year. He has definitely had a better year than Punk.

I'm about to shoot right now. THIS IS A SHOOT:

*sits lotus style in the middle of WrasslinGAF*

CM Punk was in two of the best matches I've seen this year in terms of execution, hype, and event atmosphere. With both matches not even involving a damn silly gold belt. Cena is in the Triple H tier of needing a damn silly gold belt involved in his matches to make it seem bigger than it actually is. Punk is pushing his way to the HBK tier of "Fuck belts, I'm going to steal the fucking show."

Long story short: I want a fucking CM Punk/Daniel Bryan Iron Man match at WM. Belt or no belt.

Oh my God, Gaming Side is infuriating. If I see one more post about how Nintendo should drop the GamePad and sell the WiiU for $199 I'm gonna start crucifying people on chain link fences with barbed wire and hitting them in the heads with folding chairs.

I listened to a Giantbomb podcast for the first time to day. They just rambled on forever about crap, not once talking about wrestling or computer games... or bombs. Well there was a bit about Zelda at one point, but... the fuck. People rave about these podcasts and they're so full of crap.

Ithil

Oh my God, Gaming Side is infuriating. If I see one more post about how Nintendo should drop the GamePad and sell the WiiU for $199 I'm gonna start crucifying people on chain link fences with barbed wire and hitting them in the heads with folding chairs.

Don't you know they're all business experts over there on account of their playing some video games?

Gaming side is full of marks. Blah blah blah Nintendo is dead. Blah blah blah DKCTF sucks.

Don't play the games then.

BFIB

Had the VHS version and wanted to upgrade and I got it sealed for the cheapest I've ever seen it at £20. No idea what GAF's stance is so I'll leave it be with opinions on Chris Benoit.

To me, I have always separated his personal life from his professional life. Guy was a tremendous talent in the ring.

Top Bottom