• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Xater

Dustin Rhodes vs Blacktop Bully King of The Road Match

This is one of the weirdest matches ever. The guys fight in the back of a moving semi, which is surrounded in animal caging. The inside of the truck is full of shovels, hay, and possibly shit. The way to win is get to the front of the truck, where you ring a bell/horn. Piledriver! On hay. There is a helicopter cam, two cameras in the truck, and a camera crew driving beside the truck. It's one of the dumbest thing you'll ever see. I'd love to know A. Who thought this was a good idea and B. What kind of back story leads to a match like this. Feels like a Dusty idea. Dustin throws a bucket of water or something. The truck totally blew through a stop sign. Both men bladed, which is ridiculous because you couldn't even see it. "I've seen Dusty walk like that before." Blading was strictly forbidden in WCW at the time and both guys were fired for this match. I'd say it worked out for the best for Dustin. It was probably intentional. Stuff is falling off the truck as they ride by a trailer park. At some points, the helicopter isn't even pointing at the truck and instead just doing shots of the scenery of rural Mississippi. They get stopped by a church bus. Plenty of "microwave interference". This is probably the dumbest gimmick match ever. Even dumber than the shit TNA came up with. Bully wins! Repo Man, getting PPV wins in 1995. First and last ever king of the road match.

iUEzCxWNKAmtB.gif

iZwNzjY70VgnR.gif

Holy shit that is brilliantly dumb!

Bryan vs. an old, retired HBK is a silly idea for a WM match. Maybe if this were six years ago, I'd feel differently, but I can't see any real benefit to anything other than Shawn's bank account.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I saw a commercial for Wii U today. Does Nintendo really market it as an "upgrade" and not an entirely new console? That seemed really weird to me.

Also, Roman Reigns is out of my Fave Five for being a stupid FPSer.

It's really hard to say what Nintendo's approach is. It gets weirder when people who are in line for midnight launches bring their own advertisement materials. That's REALLY weird.

I don't think it's fair to call anyone a "stupid FPSer" - it's just a set table that hands you some mechanics that you don't need tutorials for. It's a set of silverware, it all depends on what's inside. That's what counts!

Ghosts sucks though.

DiscoJon

Banned
Y'know, I've never really appreciated how ridiculous the gaming side is until reading through the VGX Award thread that's going on right now.

strobogo

Banned
It's really hard to say what Nintendo's approach is. It gets weirder when people who are in line for midnight launches bring their own advertisement materials. That's REALLY weird.

I don't think it's fair to call anyone a "stupid FPSer" - it's just a set table that hands you some mechanics that you don't need tutorials for. It's a set of silverware, it all depends on what's inside. That's what counts!

Ghosts sucks though.

I hate the whole genre and hope this gen can move away from it.

MAtZ58x.png

World Wrestling Entertainment EVP Sells $1,404,927 in Stock (WWE)

World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) EVP Stephanie Levesque unloaded 96,162 shares of World Wrestling Entertainment stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, December 4th. The stock was sold at an average price of $14.61, for a total value of $1,404,926.82. Following the completion of the transaction, the executive vice president now directly owns 51,945 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $758,916. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available at this link.
Several analysts have recently commented on the stock. Analysts at National Alliance Securities initiated coverage on shares of World Wrestling Entertainment in a research note to investors on Tuesday, November 5th. They set a “hold” rating and a $14.12 price target on the stock. Analysts at Zacks upgraded shares of World Wrestling Entertainment from an “underperform” rating to a “neutral” rating in a research note to investors on Friday, September 20th. They now have a $10.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) traded down 1.51% on Wednesday, hitting $14.36. The stock had a trading volume of 146,831 shares. World Wrestling Entertainment has a 52 week low of $7.67 and a 52 week high of $15.47. The stock has a 50-day moving average of $12.99 and a 200-day moving average of $10.9. The company has a market cap of $1.078 billion and a P/E ratio of 96.56.
World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, October 31st. The company reported $0.03 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.01 by $0.02. The company had revenue of $113.30 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $104.77 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $0.07 earnings per share. The company’s quarterly revenue was up 8.7% on a year-over-year basis. Analysts expect that World Wrestling Entertainment will post $0.11 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which is scheduled for Thursday, December 26th. Investors of record on Friday, December 13th will be paid a dividend of $0.12 per share. This represents a $0.48 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 3.34%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, December 11th.

CFO Moves: World Wrestling Entertainment, Edwards Lifesciences, Midway Gold

World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.WWE -0.28%, an entertainment and media company based in Stamford, Conn., promoted Chief Financial Officer George Barrios to the new position of chief strategy and financial officer. He will now oversee all of WWE’s strategic planning processes and manage its television operations, the company said. Mr. Barrios received 2012 compensation valued at $1.8 million, including a salary of $568,846, a bonus of $456,000 and stock awards valued at $792,280, according to its proxy statement. A spokesman couldn’t immediately comment on whether the promotion includes a compensation increase.

strobogo

Banned
What should I watch next?

Halloween Havoc 91 (Chamber of Horrors, Lex vs Ron Simmons 2/3 Falls)
Halloween Havoc 92 (Simmons vs Barbarian, Sting vs Jake Spin the Wheel, Make a Deal)
In Your House 6 (Bret vs Diesel cage match, HBK vs Owen number one contender)
In Your House 7 (HBK vs Diesel no holds barred, Vader vs Razor)
Final Resolution 2005 (Jeff Jarrett vs Monty Brown, AJ vs Sabin vs Williams Ultimate X)
Other

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Halloween Havoc 92 (Simmons vs Barbarian, Sting vs Jake Spin the Wheel, Make a Deal)
Final Resolution 2005 (Jeff Jarrett vs Monty Brown, AJ vs Sabin vs Williams Ultimate X)
Other

HH91. So bad! Well fuck, 92 is good bad too.

Kaladin

Other

Watch the first wrasslin event I ever attended live:

WCW Superbrawl IV (1994)

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/xm6bu_gzephier_wcw-superbrawl-iv02201994/1#video=x5ocsx

Yes, the only copy that exists is a shitty rip of a VHS somebody recorded off the airing of the PPV.

WCW never released it on home video.

strobogo

Banned
Watch the first wrasslin event I ever attended live:

WCW Superbrawl IV (1994)

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/xm6bu_gzephier_wcw-superbrawl-iv02201994/1#video=x5ocsx

Yes, the only copy that exists is a shitty rip of a VHS somebody recorded off the airing of the PPV.

WCW never released it on home video.

Superbrawl looks too good. A nearly half hour Regal/Arn match? Flair vs Vader? Sting/Dustin/Pillman vs Austin/Rude/Orndorff? On the other hand, it has the Equalizer, fat DDP, Johnny B. Badd, and the Nasty Boys.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Other

Either do that list in order or chronologically review the entirety of the Feast or Fired gimmick.

Kaladin

Superbrawl looks too good. A nearly half hour Regal/Arn match? Flair vs Vader? Sting/Dustin/Pillman vs Austin/Rude/Orndorff? On the other hand, it has the Equalizer, fat DDP, Johnny B. Badd, and the Nasty Boys.

You would think it was good...you would think

Xater

Other

I am all for some TNA so Final Resolution 2005.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Stro: You're forced to follow the careers of one of these two tag teams that you hate, The Nasty Boys or the Harris Bros. You have to pick one. Which do you choose?

Harris Bros. have a much shorter career but have an even lower average match quality and always seem to end up in promotions that are at low points in their cycle. Nasty Boys are like herpes, they always come back when you least want them.

Alucard

Banned

Other

Final Resolution 2005 gets my vote. I'd love to read your thoughts on AJ/Sabin/Williams.

strobogo

Banned
Stro: You're forced to follow the careers of one of these two tag teams that you hate, The Nasty Boys or the Harris Bros. You have to pick one. Which do you choose?

Harris Bros. have a much shorter career but have an even lower average match quality and always seem to end up in promotions that are at low points in their cycle. Nasty Boys are like herpes, they always come back when you least want them.

iVgCgLgwpsR8i.gif

I guess Nasty Boys. They at least have a few fun brawls, where as I've never seen anything involving the Harris Brothers that wasn't anything but garbage. I really fucking hate Knobs, though. Everything about him. I hate him as a human. At least with the Nasty Boys, there is a good chance that someone is going to hit Knobs in the face really hard with something.

Also, SWERVE, I think I'll do them all!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't believe anyone was dumb/blind enough to think that Renegade was actually Warrior.

Kerry Von Erich on the other hand, that dude looked like Warrior.

strobogo

Banned
People thought he was Warrior because they hyped him up as Hogan's "ultimate" surprise and only showed him in silhouette with smoke all around him. I do believe either Warrior's people or WWF told them to knock that shit off and then Renegade was shown more to prove they weren't implying it was Warrior. Then they had him come out, do Warrior's entrance, with a knock off of Warrior's music (which was better than the music Warrior actually got in 1998), and do Warrior's moves/taunts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honestly not going full Hunico on Texas Tornado when Ultimate Warrior became unruly was a pretty big mistake on WWF's part.

Just like Sin Cara the replacement was a much better worker and I bet enough with enough practice (read Cocaine) could figure out how to cut a Warrior promo.

Top Bottom