• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Cagey

Banned
No idea what happened after Raw went off the air...
BbGSf8iCEAAXHrW.jpg:large

I thought this skinnyfat ass drank Diet Pepsi, smh

EDIT: excellent closing segment for all the wrong reasons (from a WWE perspective) until the fantastic booking in the brawl. Until then, though, it was the crowd shitting on the storyline + watching Punk and friends laugh their balls off at how ridiculous it all was.

strobogo

Banned
Why not just start from the beginning of the Asylum era?

Please, please, PLEASE review the episode where Abyss uses a branding iron on those guys in the backstage segment.

"WELCOME TO MY DEN....OF INEQUITY."

From my brief look through, they only have the best of Asylum days, not individual PPVs. I also don't see any Impacts. It appears to be all PPVs from 2004-2012 and home video releases.

Wearing a wrestling shirt is dorky, but - I think - acceptable enough, if you're of the "don't give a fuck" mold.

Wearing a CURTIS AXEL shirt is right behind alcoholism and autoerotic asphyxiation on the pathetic scale.

Wearing a wrestling shirt is dorky, but - I think - acceptable enough, if you're of the "don't give a fuck" mold.

Wearing a CURTIS AXEL shirt is right behind alcoholism and autoerotic asphyxiation on the pathetic scale.
I don't think it's bad to wear one, but if you actually paid for a curtis axel shirt then you should probably be held somewhere in a secure location.

I dunno, I think that shirt is a really good representation of what Curtis Axel is all about. Totally acceptable, but also really, really boring.

Vylash

WWE.com is reporting Alberto Del Rio suffered a concussion during his Raw match against Sin Cara tonight, and that he will not return to the ring until he undergoes further medical testing

Welp

The crowd burying this last segment is SO good. Feels amazing. I hate this feud and I hate this company for making me watch this garbage again.

EDIT: OMG but of course Cena attaches himself to the Bryan cheers so he isn't booed out of the building. I HATE HIM SO MUCH

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I thought he looked great when he came back from his little vacation. Rested, in-shape, attention to facial hair. Hell, even before his vacation, I thought the full beard and buzzed hair looked "proper". In either instance, he looks like a CHARACTER, not just some guy. Bryan's hair and beard look like shit, too, but they DO constitute a "look", nevertheless, even if it's not a super-attractive one.

Edit: Punk really does seem out of it, the last few weeks. Does he have the flu or something? He legit seems kinda drunk.

Punk is one of those guys that stays up until 3 AM and gets up at 6 AM

Zep

Banned
I wonder where Bryan ranks all-time as far as crowd pops go. I don't wanna say something stupid and compare it to Austin and The Rock levels but sheeeeeeeeit...He has to be on the tier below it.

The crowd burying this last segment is SO good. Feels amazing. I hate this feud and I hate this company for making me watch this garbage again.

EDIT: OMG but of course Cena attaches himself to the Bryan cheers so he isn't booed out of the building. I HATE HIM SO MUCH

I hate Cena, too, but I honestly dug him going "voice of the voiceless" for a few minutes there; it was kinda entertaining. He's good when he gets pissed and brings the passion that 1% of the time.

I hate Cena, too, but I honestly dug him going "voice of the voiceless" for a few minutes there; it was kinda entertaining. He's good when he gets pissed and brings the passion that 1% of the time.

Which raises the question.

At what point does Cena say "oh and by the way all this authority business and CM Punk and Bryan being in handicap matches and so on.... I'm not 100% cool with that btw"?

It is like everybody is in the storyline, HHH, Stephanie, the Wyatts, The Shield, obviously Orton, Punk and Bryan...maybe the Big Show except I don't think he is now?

But Cena is kind of just there...in his own bubble focused on winning the title.

Just got home from RAW (first wrestling show in years) and it was amazing. Literally everyone in the arena was chanting for Bryan. So much energy.

The only thing Cena can ever do that I'll enjoy is him leaving the company. That's just the way it is. His very essence has been ruined in my eyes to the point of no return. Anything good that happens involving Cena rests solely on the shoulders of whoever else is in the segment. Boo. Go away. Cena sucks. etc.

The only thing Cena can ever do that I'll enjoy is him leaving the company. That's just the way it is. His very essence has been ruined in my eyes to the point of no return. Anything good that happens involving Cena rests solely on the shoulders of whoever else is in the segment. Boo. Go away. Cena sucks. etc.

Fair enough.

I do agree that the crowd shitting on the main event was great.

HOWEVER, something to note is that the commentators DID acknowledge that it was happening, said how "proud" Daniel Bryan should be, etc. I have some sympathy for those who say that WWE knew that that would play out like that, as the commentators never acknowledge anything unless Vince screams in their ear to do so.

UberTag

Honestly, after that segment, I think Triple H officially out-egos even Hogan.
To be fair, Triple H has just cause to out-ego Hogan due to his position.

I'm not saying he's brought more to this industry than Hogan has... he hasn't.
But most of what has fed Hogan's ego the past 10-15 years has been fueled by delusion.
Whereas Trips is set for life with his position of influence.

It would take a humble man to NOT be an egomaniac given where Hunter has wound up. And he has never been accused of being a humble man.
And despite all of that, his father-in-law's ego is still larger.

strobogo

Banned
To be fair, Triple H has just cause to out-ego Hogan due to his position.

I'm not saying he's brought more to this industry than Hogan has... he hasn't.
But most of what has fed Hogan's ego the past 10-15 years has been fueled by delusion.
Whereas Trips is set for life with his position of influence.

It would take a humble man to NOT be an egomaniac given where Hunter has wound up. And he has never been accused of being a humble man.
And despite all of that, his father-in-law's ego is still larger.

iZbanFGZxNS4.gif

TL21xx

Banned
Just rewatched that final promo. Cena told Bryan he gets a fair rematch if he wins at TLC. Guess Orton's going over then...

Sho Nuff

Banned
I was in the crowd tonight, and the whole fuck-you HHH Daniel Bryan chant was one of the most wonderfully magical things I've been a part of. We wre all high-fiving each other when we saw Hunter's disgusted look and HBK was making the "guys, please stop" motions. Amazing.

The dark match was great, and it ended with a good fifteen minute spinaroonie contest mced by Booker T, CM Punk just happened to show up in his skivvies and a hoodie and Book tore off the hoodie for laughs. Awesome show

gurudyne

Del Rio is just trying to get all the Latinos that could be Sin Cara fired so he can get that job.

That would be heaven for him at this point, wouldn't it? No need to talk, no way his lack of charisma would be highlighed, just go out there and wrestle good matches half-lucha, half-WWE (which is almost what he does already) while raking in that mask money.

KissVibes

Banned
That would be heaven for him at this point, wouldn't it? No need to talk, no way his lack of charisma would be highlighed, just go out there and wrestle good matches half-lucha, half-WWE (which is almost what he does already) while raking in that mask money.

Exactly. Plus, they'd probably pay him the same + mask money. IIRC, he does make more money than most guys. Even Sin Cara.

Assuming Hunico didn't cause the concussion, I hope he continues to work and I hope they bumped his pay. Pretty sure he was in that 80k bracket with the likes of JTG. Deserves more.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why do you think it's HHH and not steph and vince?

Stephanie and Vince didn't pedigree anyone.
Vince winning the ECW title, for example, was a way to try to build up Lashley as a babyface. Hunter pedigreeing Orton/Lesnar/etc only builds up himself who's not even an active wrestler.

Top Bottom