• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Aiii

So not worth it
It's like you started watching WWE last year lol.

you set yourself up

That's a bad response after I just posted exactly the shitty booking WWE is going to do based on my experience with WWE.

If I had said, "OMG they're giving Bryan another shot, they WERE planning for this and they DO think he's a main eventer" then that would have been a great reply.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That's a bad response after I just posted exactly the shitty booking WWE is going to do based on my experience with WWE.

If I had said, "OMG they're giving Bryan another shot, they WERE planning for this and they DO think he's a main eventer" then that would have been a great reply.
PCF3vp0.gif

I find it great that you can get Thunder in HD at Spike's site and Comcast on Demand, but they do 380p as the max for the page the want you to pay for. It's so TNA.
websites is hard

Aiii

So not worth it
Ohhhhhh now I get it, they're jobbing Bryan at the Rumble. Fuck you WWE.

Yeah, well they emphasised on Smackdown last week that Bryan still wants a rematch and then Cena used Bryan to get over last night by saying he gets the first shot at the belt, while anouncers where talking him up, so it does seem he's getting another burial at the RR.

Yeah, well they emphasised on Smackdown last week that Bryan still wants a rematch and then Cena used Bryan to get over last night by saying he gets the first shot at the belt, while anouncers where talking him up, so it does seem he's getting another burial at the RR.

So they're working to elevate him up just enough to bring him down like Maynard James Keenan.

charsace

WWE really needs to address the number of main event level heels. This is the current crop of over upper echelon heels:

HHH: Wrestles once or twice a year
Orton: Is more over on name value, his current heel run hasn't been very good
Lesnar: Has three of four matches a year

That's it, one full timer. Yes, I know Cena is a "heel" in many places, but he's not booked as one and doesn't do "bad guy" stuff, so he doesn't out. After that, you have The Shield who are about ready to split, and everything points to Reigns getting a huge babyface push. With Cena, Punk, and Bryan already as main event level babyfaces, things are out of wack. Sheamus HAS to come back as a heel, plus they could still use another two big heels. Ambrose needs to be pushed as a huge heel right along opposite Reigns
Heel Bryan is coming so don't worry. :(

In all seriousness Dean Ambrose will most likely fill that spot.

Kaladin

When was the last time Joe gave a shit? Getting murdered by Misawa in 2007?

i0R8P3mxnHSc1.gif

I think Bound For Glory 2010 is what broke his spirit.

Sting, Kevin Nash, The Pope vs Joe & Jeff Jarrett

JJ swerved Joe on his way to joining Immortal...and Joe never gave another fuck.

strobogo

Banned
It was way before that. He was mentally done at the time when he was supposed to team with Hall and Nash, but Hall no showed. That was Turning Point 2007.

Aiii

So not worth it
Honestly? I think Joe just realised he was never going to get into WWE and TNA was never going to push him properly and that's when he gave up.

It was a gradual process.

I like to think of bean breath as a Mexican John Morisson look-alike that speaks English in a thick British accent.

This needs to be shopped somehow.

Man, if I was a Mexican John Morrison look-alike that spoke English in a thick British accent, I could wrestle in the UK, Mexico and America.

Xater

Assuming those Slammy votes have not been rigged I would hope WWE finally realizes that Bryan is the most over guy in the company. Put him back into the main event!

Man, if I was a Mexican John Morrison look-alike that spoke English in a thick British accent, I could wrestle in the UK, Mexico and America.

You would wrestle with some pale UK white dudes that Bootaayy likes, have your own comic book in Mexico, and have your girlfriend be nailed by Batista in the US.

It's like a win-win-win.

Aiii

So not worth it
Assuming those Slammy votes have not been rigged I would hope WWE finally realizes that Bryan is the most over guy in the company. Put him back into the main event!

The crowd does not decide who's over and who's not. Vince does.

You like Bryan? How about a big dose of Big Show? You like AJ? Here's Brie and Nikki Bella! You like Dolph Ziggler? Have some Alberto Del Rio!

strobogo

Banned
Honestly? I think Joe just realised he was never going to get into WWE and TNA was never going to push him properly and that's when he gave up.

It was a gradual process.

He realized that on the same night as he did his own version of FIRE ME I'M ALREADY FIRED. He shit talked Dixie live on PPV before she was ever a character and said she could fire him because he didn't care. The next day, TNA held a meeting and said anyone could void their contracts if they so wished (sound familiar?). Low Ki was the only guy to do so and Joe apologized because he knew WWE had no interest in him. He was never the same from that point on.

Aiii

So not worth it
He realized that on the same night as he did his own version of FIRE ME I'M ALREADY FIRED. He shit talked Dixie live on PPV before she was ever a character and said she could fire him because he didn't care. The next day, TNA held a meeting and said anyone could void their contracts if they so wished (sound familiar?). Low Ki was the only guy to do so and Joe apologized because he knew WWE had no interest in him. He was never the same from that point on.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that lol.

charsace

Dean Ambrose doesn't have the look, he'll get buried just like all the other Vanilla Midget heels.

He's the same size as Randy Orton which makes him taller than Cena. The guy is easily a 230 or more right now. Women love him too just like they like all the shield members. He's gonna be one of the top heels in the future.

Joe kept himself out of the WWE. He wasn't tall enought to get away with the physique he has and make it into the WWE.

The memory on some of you guys for this stuff is impressive. How did you even remember this?

Unless you just looked it up and are trying to impress us. In which case you're a fraud but it still worked.

strobogo

Banned
It was fresh in my mind because someone posted the video in the last 2-3 months. I had to search deep to actually find the PPV it happened on. There is a ton of TNA stuff that I've completely erased and only comes back when someone mentions or posts about it. Then all the horrible memories flood back. Like Hardcore Justice 2010.

Ugh, look at this wrestling hipster. Talon was right about you, you better watch out when his account finally gets approved.

???????????

You're always speaking in riddles but you've completely lost me now. What is a "Talon" and why should I be afraid?

It was fresh in my mind because someone posted the video in the last 2-3 months. I had to search deep to actually find the PPV it happened on. There is a ton of TNA stuff that I've completely erased and only comes back when someone mentions or posts about it. Then all the horrible memories flood back. Like Hardcore Justice 2010.

See, you say "Hardcore Justice 2010" and I just smile and nod because I don't even know WTF. Is that the ECW reunion one?

strobogo

Banned
Yes. Which is the show I'm doing now. I remember it being terrible and depressing and you guys know that's right up my alley. And so far, it is pretty bad and depressing. All I really remember about that angle was Hulk Hogan saying ECW was as important to wrestling as Hulkamania, Spanky being in EV2.0, EV2.0 being a thing at all because of WWE threats, and just the idea of doing an ECW FIVE YEARS after WWE did it. None of those dudes were in that good of shape at the first One Night Stand, but it was a good show because of the real ECW crowd and setting. This is 5 years later, everyone is fatter, and it is in the Impact Zone.

They even used "Last Stand" in ads, just to see how close they could get before WWE would sue them.

Ithil

Dean Ambrose doesn't have the look, he'll get buried just like all the other Vanilla Midget heels.

Midget? Ambrose is taller than Cena, Ryback, Roman Reigns and towers over Big E.

???????????

You're always speaking in riddles but you've completely lost me now. What is a "Talon" and why should I be afraid?

A talon is a sharp claw of an animal, especially a bird of prey, such as a buzzard, eagle, falcon, hawk, or owl

Xater

You like Bryan? How about a big dose of Big Show? You like AJ? Here's Brie and Nikki Bella! You like Dolph Ziggler? Have some Alberto Del Rio!

Depressing as fuck.

Man that ending segment. Bryan is over as fuck.

UberTag

This will be D.Brine's "payback" match where he loses clean to Cena.
To make up for that win against Cena when he had a gimped elbow that has already been forgotten (due to not making the "match of the year" short list) prior to Orton cashing in his briefcase.

strobogo

Banned
The caption under Triple H should be HHH wins LOL.

Ambrose is deceptively big because he isn't bulky and jacked and often has his shoulder's slouched.

Aiii

So not worth it
Midget? Ambrose is taller than Cena, Ryback, Roman Reigns and towers over Big E.

Fair enough (though Big E is small, near everyone is taller than him).

I still don't think he has the look WWE wants to push to the main event.

Ithil

Fair enough (though Big E is small, near everyone is taller than him).

I still don't think he has the look WWE wants to push to the main event.

The main thing that causes Vince to not push Bryan is his height, which isn't a problem for Ambrose. If Ambrose gets super over in his singles run, and does stellar work as a heel, I can see them accepting him as a star instead of getting childish and spiteful like they do with Bryan. Maybe he won't be "their guy" but he'll be fine.

strobogo

Banned

I get why Vince thinks that. Fans DID used to like who he told them to like for decades. There were only a handful of guys that fans rejected. Rock being the biggest example, and he still ended up becoming one of the most famous wrestlers ever.

Striker

Rock got passed that by speaking more and more and joining the Nation.

I don't see them giving Ambrose much leeway speaking.

WWE really needs to address the number of main event level heels. This is the current crop of over upper echelon heels:

HHH: Wrestles once or twice a year
Orton: Is more over on name value, his current heel run hasn't been very good
Lesnar: Has three of four matches a year

That's it, one full timer. Yes, I know Cena is a "heel" in many places, but he's not booked as one and doesn't do "bad guy" stuff, so he doesn't out. After that, you have The Shield who are about ready to split, and everything points to Reigns getting a huge babyface push. With Cena, Punk, and Bryan already as main event level babyfaces, things are out of wack. Sheamus HAS to come back as a heel, plus they could still use another two big heels. Ambrose needs to be pushed as a huge heel right along opposite Reigns

Seriously!

I'm trying to book some shows on TEW2013 and their roster 'makeup' is all over the place. They have a ton of faces and only a handful of heels at any level of their roster. Nightmare.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
"a select few have been both"

i counted at least 10 guys in the ring to be both whc and wwe champ

Forkball

How often did Vince get a stunner on someone? The few times he ever 'beat someone up' was when he had a platoon of interference. Triple H thinks he should be booked 'retired' as he was active.

Vince was going toe to toe with CM Punk when he was champ a few months ago. Punk got the upper hand, but Vinny Mac was pummeling him with a kendo stick for a good while.

Everyone has been WWE/WHC now. It's not even funny anymore. It should be great that this is the case, but it's not, it's just odd. It's diluted the 'hunger' and 'chase' you want to see from people trying win the title (at least for me).

I hope that makes sense. There's no mystery or desire to see certain people chase the belt as they've already had it. In some cases they've had it multiple times and it was pointless and boring. I think it's easier to count the people who appear on RAW who HAVEN'T held the WHC/WWE title!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Rey, Bryan, and Kane shouldn't count as being both since their combined WWE title reigns was less than 48 hours.

Top Bottom