• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ithil

Cena standing with the Authority at the end of RAW, and being super concerned for Stephanie, is just weird. Yeah, she's a non-wrestling woman, but in kayfabe she's a horrible cunt who has been playing dictator over the WWE like Triple H. Yet since coming back Cena hasn't had a bad word to say about them, and in fact worked with them to get his title match at TLC.

Not very good behaviour for a "top face". Ending of RAW was pretty great, all the same, mainly because Cena cut a good promo for once (even if it's hypocritical as ever when he claims Orton was handed everything and he worked for everything) and Punk and Bryan actually got involved in a big way.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena standing with the Authority at the end of RAW, and being super concerned for Stephanie, is just weird. Yeah, she's a non-wrestling woman, but in kayfabe she's a horrible cunt who has been playing dictator over the WWE like Triple H. Yet since coming back Cena hasn't had a bad word to say about them, and in fact worked with them to get his title match at TLC.

Not very good behaviour for a "top face". Ending of RAW was pretty great, all the same, mainly because Cena cut a good promo for once (even if it's hypocritical as ever when he claims Orton was handed everything and he worked for everything) and Punk and Bryan actually got involved in a big way.

She also used to be a wrestler and is a former WWE Women's Champion. I guess nobody told her how to take a back-bump back in the day.

But it was obviously another "Oh my God, we don't know who's side the authority is on." Just so when they come out for the screwjob ending on Sunday we can be kept guessing who is gonna get screwed (Cena) and who will be the champion (Orton) after TLC.

jmdajr

Quite the show last night.

Being that it is more MTV Movie awards and less Oscars some deserved winners got left out. My man Triple H had no chance, but Steph brought home some gold by making Big Show her bitch. Well done.

I'm happy to see the likes of Goldust, the Shield, and especially Daniel Bryan get the win. That must have been a close vote because we know Cena has a shitload of fans.

Saying that, obviously it was not a shock to have Cena win match of the year considering his followers. He knew he didn't deserve it but was grateful.

Poor Mark didn't get the win but lets be honest, he had no chance. Shawn is just too popular.

So overall only legitimate head scratcher are the Bellas. I don't know if we underestimated their fandom, or it's just a matter of "diva/s you most want to shag."
Whatever the case, they felt uncomfortable winning.

Seattle has a great crowd for both football and wrestling!

Ithil

Quite the show last night.

Being that it is more MTV Movie awards and less Oscars some deserved winners got left out. My man Triple H had no chance, but Steph brought home some gold by making Big Show her bitch. Well done.

I'm happy to see the likes of Goldust, the Shield, and especially Daniel Bryan get the win. That must have been a close vote because we know Cena has a shitload of fans.

Saying that, obviously it was not a shock to have Cena win match of the year considering his followers. He knew he didn't deserve it but was grateful.

Poor Mark didn't get the win but lets be honest, he had no chance. Shawn is just too popular.

So overall only legitimate head scratcher are the Bellas. I don't know if we underestimated their fandom, or it's just a matter of "diva/s you most want to shag."
Whatever the case, they felt uncomfortable winning.

They won because WWE wants to promote Total Divas. That's all.
Several of the awards were very obviously skewed by WWE, which is piss easy for them, given they own the App you do the voting on, and it's not illegal to rig it because it's free.

jmdajr

They won because WWE wants to promote Total Divas. That's all.
Several of the awards were very obviously skewed by WWE, which is piss easy for them, given they own the App you do the voting on, and it's not illegal to rig it because it's free.
Why rigg some votes and not others?

Ithil

Why rigg some votes and not others?

Because they required some for angles, others they didn't care what the result was. And they had a certain few people they wanted to win Slammies and get screentime.

Now, Daniel Bryan was going to win Superstar of the Year with his popularity, but some of the others are not so certain. They obviously wanted Cena, Punk, Stephanie and the Bellas to all win one.
Shawn Michaels winning one also helping further his heel run.

The Slammies have always been about pushing angles, the "fan vote" aspect is just a way to promote the App.

So WWE.com says Del Rio's concussion was caused during that sunset flip off the top rope spot, but that's all on him, right? That can't be Sin Cara's fault?

DiscoJon

Banned

Xater

Also how shitty does that TLC card look? I really like Punk and Bryan but I have zero interest in these dumb handicap matches.

Aiii

So not worth it
So dose Vince want to bury D. Bry or not? He confuses me.

He sure was greedy with those Slammy's for his son in law.

He's swerving you into thinking he might be behind Bryan, just so he can bury him on PPV again.

It's time to play the game!

The game of not giving viewers what they want.

Also how shitty does that TLC card look? I really like Punk and Bryan but I have zero interest in these dumb handicap matches.

I think the hope is that the people in those dumb matches will have more to do with the card. The SHIELD are set to blow up down to Dean's arrogance which leaves The Authority vulnerable. Bryan has more incentive to team with the Wyatt's now wither because he'll be blamed for the Steph bump and needs to support or because he felt Steph deserved it due to all of the shit she put him through, giving in to his past anger issues. Of course it's the WWE so I wouldn't get my hopes up but it would be odd to only have Punk and Bryan get involved last night and not include them in the main storyline somehow.

Penguin

Worse than Survivor Series and that's saying something!

2 handicap matches.. neither one gimmicks.. both against 3-men squad who have been made to look damn impressive on 3 on 3 matches... and we're supposed to buy 3-1?

Big E/Sandow may be good.
AJ/Nattie seems to be stuck on repeat.

Aiii

So not worth it
Worse than Survivor Series and that's saying something!

2 handicap matches.. neither one gimmicks.. both against 3-men squad who have been made to look damn impressive on 3 on 3 matches... and we're supposed to buy 3-1?

Big E/Sandow may be good.
AJ/Nattie seems to be stuck on repeat.

To be fair, AJ vs. Natalya is rather fresh, all things considering, there's been some matches in the past when Natalya turned heel on AJ and Kaitlyn with Beth and there's some tag-matches here and there and the match on Main Event recently.

If they give those two ten minutes, it could be a very entertaining match with some good spots.

skimming the thread last night and witnessing people moaning about WORKED voting in a WORKED show broke me mentally.

it's 2013, almost 2014.

jmdajr

skimming the thread last night and witnessing people moaning about WORKED voting in a WORKED show broke me mentally.

it's 2013, almost 2014.

So I guess the app is just a fancy WWE survey.

Plus, if it's a money making thing it sure does lack in ads. I mean there are some but you are not drowning in them.

jmdajr

The wwe.com polls are probbaly pretty accurate though. Most don't even know they are out there. I bet Vince doesn't even use it.

Edit: Someone tweet Joey Styles and ask if it's rigged.

Xater

I was thinking the same. It be interesting to see.

That would be way too clever booking for WWE. A storyline about them becoming what they hated. You could bring in Road Dogg and Billy Gunn for promos on how they changed and stuff...

Bowser

From PW Insider:

A number of sources in WWE have told me that the voting was 100% legitimate. The winners were who the fans picked.

The Superstar of the Year vote was extremely close and yes, there are people in the company who are pointing out that Daniel Bryan won the fan vote but wasn't considered enough of an "attraction" by Vince McMahon to be given a run with the WWE Title. That decision looked like a huge mistake at the time and even more so now.

jmdajr

Folks hating Natie is a new phenomenon for me.

But we love likes of Eve and Michelle McCool which no one liked around here when they were wrestling.

It's best to fire her now.

Ithil

From PW Insider:

I call total bullshit on that from the MOTY vote. Cena fans or not, I wouldn't believe anyone would vote that for MOTY when it sucked as hard as it did. It wasn't even that it was overshadowed by Punk/Taker, it was legitimately a bad match.

Bowser

I call total bullshit on that from the MOTY vote. Cena fans or not, I wouldn't believe anyone would vote that for MOTY when it sucked as hard as it did. It wasn't even that it was overshadowed by Punk/Taker, it was legitimately a bad match.

Yeah, that's really the only result that gives me pause. I can't believe there are that many Cena marks who are old enough to know how to use a smartphone app.

Although kids these days know how to do everything...

jmdajr

You're delusional. You think Wrassle GAF is a good representation of the WWE Universe?
His fan base is huge.

And you know why D. Bry got big? Casual and Smarks both love him. Vince simply can't stop him.

Only vote that made no sense last night was Bellas but only answer I got was rigged.

jmdajr

There is nothing else to discuss on that match winning. Case Closed.

But how about the Bellas? Total Divas? Did that help? Was it the good looks?...or the Cena / Bryan connection.

All of the above?

What say you?

Ithil

Honestly the Match of the Year award is the only one that made me think the votes might be rigged.

That and the Divas one. Very little of Total Divas' fanbase actually watches RAW, and the Bellas aren't even the most popular parts of that show (in fact they're not really very popular at all). Yet it syncs up perfectly with WWE's "gotta promote TD at all times!" deal.
You can look anywhere and see pretty easily AJ is head and shoulders above any of the other women in popularity.

if the Bellas won it's because their show gets ratings. blame the marks who watch it and then moan when they get screen time during RAW.

Top Bottom