• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Def Jam Fight for NY - Gamespot review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/defjamvendetta2/review.html

"Def Jam: Fight for NY is a great sequel. It would have been easy for the developers behind this game to just crank out an incremental upgrade, but Fight for NY is anything but incremental--it feels like a whole different brand of game altogether. What worked in Def Jam Vendetta has been expanded and improved upon in almost every way, and the new story mode, complete with its character creation and customization element, is simply a joy to play through. If you like wrestling games, fighting games, or even just the world of hip-hop, Def Jam: Fight for NY is a game well worth owning."

B E N K E said:
Haha... I think you'll hate it if your into fighting games.
or wrestling games... especially if you have
ps2-king-colosseum-2-jap.jpg

but i can't turn down a chance to play as elephant man!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Malleymal said:
Any DEF jam Love today????

Oui. This is the greatest offering of "thugz-life" in games yet. Thought the first was ok, this does indeed kick it's ass.

Speaking of ass, ask your store to play the GC version on their unit. Even the visual effects are different.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I feel bad.....

I bought Madden 2005 from Outpost.com for 30 bucks, I never opened it....

Today after the gym, I decided to stop by Target with the unopened Madden and make an even exchange....

well I got harrassed by one employee, but went to another and asked to exchange madden for DJFNY and she made the exchange and was struggling trying to get change, so I said , please its ok, no change I insist, she then proceeded to get me my change , then she gave me a 10 dollar gift card to target as well... I guess thats the deal going on... I really felt bad for a little..... still havent opened DJFNY

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Malleymal in one months time said:
I feel bad.....

I bought DJFNY from Target for free, I never opened it....

Today after the gym, I decided to stop by Target with the unopened DJFNY and make an even exchange....

well I got harrassed by one employee, but went to another and asked to exchange DJFNY for GTA:San Andreas and she made the exchange and was struggling trying to get change, so I said , please its ok, no change I insist, she then proceeded to get me my change , then she gave me a 10 dollar gift card to target as well... I guess thats the deal going on... I really felt bad for a little..... still havent opened GTA:SA
;)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
scola said:

LMAO I kid you not.... I really be posting that in a month or so... I have been like that with games lately.... except for sega games... I have no idea.. I am close to opening it, I just havent heard enough from the people on the board yet... maybe I should rent...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
B E N K E said:
Haha... I think you'll hate it if your into fighting games.

Actually, it is more of a fighting game than wrestling. It is a fighting game for sure. A super fast one at that.

Cloudy

Banned
Watcha wanna do?
How ya wanna do it?
From the clubs to the street
We can get into it

I think the game sux (the graphics and premise is nice but I didn't like the gameplay) but that song in the ad rox :D

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
why do you think the game "sux"?

I really like the new fighting styles. You get a good match going with two martial artists and frankly it looks amazing. It's true, it does control differently than many "fighting" games, but it's an impressive step up from the previous title and about the opposite of boring with all the moves, environments, weapons, etc. fun fun fun.

Fifty

You damn well should. It's awesome!

I love the sheer number of ways you can deck your guy out in threads. Just awesome. The gameplay is addictive as hell...I'm just having a blast so far.

Grifter

The Faceless Master said:
or wrestling games... especially if you have
ps2-king-colosseum-2-jap.jpg

but i can't turn down a chance to play as elephant man!

Thanks for the reminder. No way I'm missing out on this with that cover.

Top Bottom