• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Defiance |OT| If Borderlands was a B2P MMO with a SyFy TV-series half-sister

I'm playing on the PC and this is a really fun game.

I like the talent/skill system and how the gameplay allows you to do what you want. Sometimes you're working with a large group (Arkfalls), other times another person or two happen to be in the area and you're questing together. Tons of loot whoring. While you can do microtransactions, this game isn't pay for win. The PVE/Coop instance is great. I think I've played it 10-15 times. Game feels much more about skill then weapon/gear. There are a few PVP options and they worked fine. I prefered the Shadow War of 64 v 64.

The AI is average. I wish there was more than one PVE instance. But so far it's a lot of fun and there haven't been any server issues. Just a terrific game so far that I feel is very addicting. I can see my playing this for quite some time as long as they patch in content updates. I definitely recommend it if you like Borderlands and/or a light MMO game.

smr00

Banned
I thought it was okay. I'm only going to watch it because I'm so into the game. Almost everything on that channel that uses CGI looks terrible and I've come to think of it as their look. So when I see poor CGI I call it the SyFy look, haha.

Sounds like the weapons you have don't have mod slots. Or maybe you don't have enough salvage to pay for the process. If it doesn't have slots you have have them added on to a weapon in that same menu.
To be fair BSG, SGU and Caprica had decent CG, much better then this.

The CG in this at the very beginning with the CG jeep was like early 90s TV CG bad.

Pixels

The game was fun for a bit. Then you realize the enemies are reused everywhere, environment models go invisible randomly, the framerate is really low, the movement is stiff, the driving physics are weird, etc etc. It was fun for a bit but it's back to Gamefly for this one.

Curious to see what people thought of the show. I was almost turned off immediately seeing the 1990s level of bad cg in the very beginning with the jeep but ended up really enjoying the show.

It actually sparked enough interest in me going back to the game last night.

Really, really bad CG at parts, but the town itself was really nice (as was the big bad of the pilot).

Karak

The game was fun for a bit. Then you realize the enemies are reused everywhere, environment models go invisible randomly, the framerate is really low, the movement is stiff, the driving physics are weird, etc etc. It was fun for a bit but it's back to Gamefly for this one.

Thats too bad. On the PC the only real issue repeated from these is the enemies which is the repeating issue and is going to be fixed soon.

What version?

The CG in this at the very beginning with the CG jeep was like early 90s TV CG bad.

Yeah, I was basing that comment off of commercials and those bad original movies they always show.

Zaph

Apparently the prop company didn't build their car the way it was supposed to be built and nobody knew until it turned up on set. At that point somebody probably said "fuck it, we'll fix it in post!".

I'm playing on the PC and this is a really fun game.

I like the talent/skill system and how the gameplay allows you to do what you want. Sometimes you're working with a large group (Arkfalls), other times another person or two happen to be in the area and you're questing together. Tons of loot whoring. While you can do microtransactions, this game isn't pay for win. The PVE/Coop instance is great. I think I've played it 10-15 times. Game feels much more about skill then weapon/gear. There are a few PVP options and they worked fine. I prefered the Shadow War of 64 v 64.

The AI is average. I wish there was more than one PVE instance. But so far it's a lot of fun and there haven't been any server issues. Just a terrific game so far that I feel is very addicting. I can see my playing this for quite some time as long as they patch in content updates. I definitely recommend it if you like Borderlands and/or a light MMO game.

I thought there where like 10/12 Coop mission to unlock? Certainly more then 1

Mindlog

I actually just got the game and was playing it a little before i watched the show bc i guess it was supposed to segway into the show, but other than Nolan and Arisa being on the strato carrier with you in the game dont know how it was supposed to segway.
There were also a series of missions. You were the one that helped them get that crystal they used in the beginning of the episode. They duped you. On the upside they gave you a very nice assault rifle.

FRC SAW sounds like it fires a little slower, 8.0.
Frontier SAW appears to have been untouched.
I hope you're right. I only have an EGO rating of 265 so there may be more. I only have one available to me at this time, but it's a lot of fun though..
There are at least six right now. They unlock slowly with your EGO rating.

crayman

Is it just me or does the framerate on the 360 version seem a bit higher since the patch? Also it seems to be downloading the patch again...

Squall516

There were also a series of missions. You were the one that helped them get that crystal they used in the beginning of the episode. They duped you. On the upside they gave you a very nice assault rifle.

Ahhh ok ya i never did that. That makes a lot of sense tho, ill go back and look around and see if i can do those missions. Thanks for the inof

Sounds like the weapons you have don't have mod slots. Or maybe you don't have enough salvage to pay for the process. If it doesn't have slots you have have them added on to a weapon in that same menu.

and ya thats probably what it is, i don't think my weapons have any mod slots. I didn't know they needed them thought you just can add it to just any of that type of weapon but that makes sense, so thanks for the heads up ill be on the lookout for weapons with mod slots then ^_^

Coldsnap

Ugh bought this game on a whim. When i try to log in I get this message. "Login sucessful but account is not entitled to play defiance" fun

NVM figured it out.

FRC SAW sounds like it fires a little slower, 8.0.
Frontier SAW appears to have been untouched.

There are at least six right now. They unlock slowly with your EGO rating.

don't tell me that..please don't tell me that..

I just broke my frontier saw to trade for an FRC saw with electric..

The game is 33.60 on GMG for PC:

"Defiance is on sale for 30% off along with the season pass. You can stack this 20% off coupon GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA to get the game for $33.60. "

From CAG

SOOO TEMPTED

Nonentity

"Defiance is on sale for 30% off along with the season pass. You can stack this 20% off coupon GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA to get the game for $33.60. "

From CAG

SOOO TEMPTED

Tempting, but GMG refuses to let me give them money. My credit card company straight up told me it's a gambling site.

rObit

Banned
is there an ini or something else that allows for more advanced graphical options

I would like to know this as well. Did some poking around in the steam directory and didn't find anything. It seems odd that there would be a "custom" graphics option when there don't appear to be any graphical settings available that are effected by that option.

From CAG

SOOO TEMPTED

What a fucking steal!!!! I bought just the "standard edition" from Steam for 60 bucks.

This is a terrific game. More people should start playing and enjoy the fun. No reason not to play it (at least on PC and with a windows 360 controller).

Mindlog

don't tell me that..please don't tell me that..

I just broke my frontier saw to trade for an FRC saw with electric..
Checked my earlier post and Fire Rate was 8 there too. So I guess it hasn't changed. It's just that the SAWs I buy have different bonuses now.
Is it just me or does the framerate on the 360 version seem a bit higher since the patch? Also it seems to be downloading the patch again...
In some instances I am fairly certain my framerate is well north of 30 now.
Still tempted to re-buy on PC though.

Manac0r

Is the chat/guild system still broken on PC? Haven't logged since the patch landed yesterday. Also is there a GAF guild on PC, might come in useful once Trion fix their stuff.

Is the chat/guild system still broken on PC? Haven't logged since the patch landed yesterday. Also is their a GAF guild on PC, might come in useful once Trion fix their stuff.

There's a US and EU PC guild, and I've figured out how to promote people finally (they have to be online at the same time) so I guess the clan functionality is decent enough.
I'll make you guys officers, and then it'll be so much easier to invite further gaffers (as the inviter and invitee has to be online at the same time).

Deepo

There's a US and EU PC guild, and I've figured out how to promote people finally (they have to be online at the same time) so I guess the clan functionality is decent enough.
I'll make you guys officers, and then it'll be so much easier to invite further gaffers (as the inviter and invitee has to be online at the same time).

I can assist with inviting people to the EU PC guild, as I seem to be online quite a bit. This game has really got it's hooks in me. I'm Deepo in game as well.

I can assist with inviting people to the EU PC guild, as I seem to be online quite a bit. This game has really got it's hooks in me. I'm Deepo in game as well.

I'll add you to the second post then.

Reminder: Clan details are in the second post of the thread. Also looking for a relatively active gaffer on the US side I can promote to officer, as I don't really play on the US server.

Jarate

Banned

After about 40 minutes of sprint jumping, I made my way to the roof on Shondule's Consolutate

This is my domain now, I set foot on these virgin roofs, I will own the roof

*holding roof party if you can get up to it

Mindlog

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/smellsam44/RoofKings_zps1149f9bf.jpg

After about 40 minutes of sprint jumping, I made my way to the roof on Shondule's Consolutate

This is my domain now, I set foot on these virgin roofs, I will own the roof

*holding roof party if you can get up to it
Now do what any reasonable person would do. Spawn your car and start blasting your horn.

dubq

Anyone with this on PS3 experiencing screen tearing? I want to make sure it's minimal before I make the purchase.

Cheska

Guys, question for you: Is it possible to play split screen co-op? I'd love to play couch co-op with my significant other without having to buy two copies of the game.

jd78

Neo Member
Tempting, but GMG refuses to let me give them money. My credit card company straight up told me it's a gambling site.

Yeah, GMG's checkout system is plain garbage. I considered picking up this deal, but when adding to cart the item disappears from the cart upon check out. If I happen to get past that it won't accept any of my payment options including Paypal. I even got to Verify with Visa at one point, but that failed as well. I've tried 4 different browsers, on 3 different machines, and 3 different payment options, but they just don't want my money.

Lucifon

Bought the season pass for 16€! A fucking steal.
Thanks for the heads up

Also just picked up the season pass. Been really enjoying the game by myself and I'm moving into a new place with a buddy this weekend who's just dropped down on the game + season pass from GMG.

Don't forget Topcashback/Quidco cashback from GMG too!

Top Bottom