• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Defiance |OT| If Borderlands was a B2P MMO with a SyFy TV-series half-sister

Finally had like 5 members of the clan online at the same time and in the same group.
I'm turning everyone who joins into an officer, so if I'm not online they can invite you into the clan.
If you check out the Google document (second post of the thread), you'll see who is in the GAF clan.

Finally had like 5 members of the clan online at the same time and in the same group.
I'm turning everyone who joins into an officer, so if I'm not online they can invite you into the clan.
If you check out the Google document (second post of the thread), you'll see who is in the GAF clan.

I'll take an invite. I'm on the spreadsheet but my character name is "Alice Wolfenstein".

Can Officers promote too?

Mindlog

And the random pub team takes down Dekuso in under 5 minutes /fanfare. I've had great luck with pubs teams lately. The only two 'difficult' co-op missions I have left are Matron under 3 minutes and Motherlode under 5.

The ERC Heavy Armor you get from Scrapworks is really neat, but they need some sort of passive bonus. I use that with the Harmony Preacher hood from Explosions 101.

Jarate

Banned
Send me an invite to the guild guys, all my friends are being awful and not getting the game, so me and my gf have to play together, Im in the spreadsheet mofos

it would be fun to do some of the instances with 3 other people I can trust (I Hope I can trust you assholes)

Yuripaw

Banned

Are you on the PC version? I've played on the PC version on and off, but I don't have a ton of time to play while still in school. Only got about 4 more weeks this semester, and I'll have more free time I hope. I like this game so far, but it has felt really lonely, so being in a Gaf guild would be fun ^_^

My character's name is Yuripaw also, not sure if you need any other info.

Ezio

I was hoping after the patch something else would show up, but nothing.

Kinda disappointing no new Episode quests, I'll be logging in the first time tonight since Sat. I don't get much time to play but I've got a couple friends I play with, we have a blast when we all get together and do Arkfalls etc.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I just bought the PC version for $33 from Greenman gaming. Sounds like a good deal, code is GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA for discount.

Joe Molotov

BTW, did anyone else's Ego Score jump up after the patch? Mine was 363 pre-patch, and post patch it was 407. I don't know if they recalculated Ego bonuses from pursuits, or if it was just some weird glitch.

I'm playing the PC version and I've noticed there's a significant difference in mouse sensitivity while you're playing normally as compared to when you're aiming down the sights of a gun. Is there any way to modify those two sensitivities separately? Because right now, my ADS sensitivity is far too low and if I increase it, the sensitivity while I'm not aiming becomes ridiculously high.

BTW, did anyone else's Ego Score jump up after the patch? Mine was 363 pre-patch, and post patch it was 407. I don't know if they recalculated Ego bonuses from pursuits, or if it was just some weird glitch.

It's possible that they changed some pursuits, which resulted in them being completed by people (thus the increased score).
Didn't notice any changes myself, and my FRC Saw is still at 404dmg.

I'm online right now btw, so if any EU folk want to join the GAF clan now's the time. Just log in and let me know who to invite in the thread.

mackattk

Just picked this game up for the PC. I got about an hour worth of play in it, and am enjoying it so far. The GMG deal was way too good to pass up, and I had $15 extra credit from the Bioshock Infinite preorder, so the main game was ~18 for me.

Really enjoying the sniper rifle that you get in one of the first missions.

I'm playing on the PC and this is a really fun game.

I like the talent/skill system and how the gameplay allows you to do what you want. Sometimes you're working with a large group (Arkfalls), other times another person or two happen to be in the area and you're questing together. Tons of loot whoring. While you can do microtransactions, this game isn't pay for win. The PVE/Coop instance is great. I think I've played it 10-15 times. Game feels much more about skill then weapon/gear. There are a few PVP options and they worked fine. I prefered the Shadow War of 64 v 64.

The AI is average. I wish there was more than one PVE instance. But so far it's a lot of fun and there haven't been any server issues. Just a terrific game so far that I feel is very addicting. I can see my playing this for quite some time as long as they patch in content updates. I definitely recommend it if you like Borderlands and/or a light MMO game.

Kinda missed this:

Keep playing, there's way more than just one PvE instance (I've yet to play any but the first one though, and I'm at 450 EGO).

So do they have any special quests that deal with the second episode of the show?

Well, they got random encounter missions for the 1st episode, and it looks like they got some pursuits up for episode 2 already (can't remember if they involve random encounter missions either).

dubq

Thinking about getting this on PS3. Seems to me it would be the perfect game to have digitally on my HDD.

This is what I'm thinking. I'm trying to find out if this version has the massive screentearing that was happening in Beta, though..

Well I finished the main story. What an annoying final boss. Ended with an EGO rating of 852 and around 70 hours put into it. I'll probably continue to get back on occasionally for Arkfalls and to raise my EGO more. And to check out any new content that gets added.

BLunted

Banned

After about 40 minutes of sprint jumping, I made my way to the roof on Shondule's Consolutate

This is my domain now, I set foot on these virgin roofs, I will own the roof

*holding roof party if you can get up to it

Clicked photo. It took me to your photobucket account where you have a photo of shit in your toilet. gross dude, lol

So I was promoting people to officers, and I think I accidentally promoted someone to founder :x
Whoever you are, please promote me back into founder :p

BrettWeir

The GMG deal was to good to pass up. Got it, played it for quite awhile. Having fun with it so far.

Instead of looking at it as an 'MMO', I'm taking a "It's a constant world Borderlands type of game with other people".

Kinda missed this:

Keep playing, there's way more than just one PvE instance (I've yet to play any but the first one though, and I'm at 450 EGO).

Yeah, sorry about that...At 300 rating you get another one (more as well the higher your EGO rating). The second PVE instance is a lot of fun as there are vehicles/good combat but unless people know what they're doing some of the bosses can take longer than I'd like...Still a lot of fun though.

Lunchbox

Banned
finished the main quest and the initial episode ones (which i really liked and wished more of the side missions were like this). but sadly theres nothing more to do, all the sidemissions are rubbish really, go here hold X and run back. wish there was more variety. around ego level 600 something and even bought a dodge

Jeff Gertsmann sums it up really nice, the guys in charge of the actual shooting and gameplay mechanics deserved a better surrounding team. they did their job and made third person shooting work in an mmo. but the rest of the parts of the game seems like it was on autopilot during development.

Amazon was giving 43$ for it so couldnt pass up that trade, maybe ill see you again in the bargain bin again brototype, its been fun

hmoJ7rC.jpg

Brototype is an awesome name.

Yeah, there's a lot of really good main missions, but most of the side missions are awful (aside from the ones that direct you to a location where you break into/retake a facility and stuff). The boring stuff is tolerable thanks to really satisfying gun and drive mechanics.

Joe Molotov

I like the ones where it's like "Go to this place 120m away and click three items" and you know there's gonna be a butt-ton of monsters there, but when you get there, someone just cleaned the place out so you click all three things and finish the mission in like 5 seconds. Now that's primo mission crafting.

I like the ones where it's like "Go to this place 120m away and click three items" and you know there's gonna be a butt-ton of monsters there, but when you get there, someone just cleaned the place out so you click all three things and finish the mission in like 5 seconds. Now that's primo mission crafting.
It actually is, and i appreciate the poor sap who had to go through the trouble of clearing the place out, so that I might take a leisurely jaunt through the mission. Any relief is good.

BrettWeir

I honestly would have thought that with Trions experience with Rift, they would have gotten at least the UI right. Menus, menus, menus.

Zaph

I honestly would have thought that with Trions experience with Rift, they would have gotten at least the UI right. Menus, menus, menus.
Isn't this their first console game? It's very obvious they made a half baked console UI and just kept it as-is on the PC (it's worse than the Borderlands 1 port). I suppose that's what happens when you're working to a TV production schedule and not a game one.

Also, this patching situation is really shit. For PC MMO launches, it's round-the-clock engineering to fix things as quick as possible. But because Trion wants to keep all versions of the game in sync, the PC client has to wait for fortnightly Xbox patching windows.

Wonder what will happen to the other versions when the player base dwindles and Trion decides the $50k 360 patches aren't profitable.

Manac0r

I play this on the PC with a 360 pad. While there are some awful elements to the UI, generally with the dial interface I can access what I want from the comfort of my sofa. Maybe it gets more convoluted later on? Maybe I m just 'special'? Looking forward to logging on this weekend as I nabbed a HD projector from work (they were chucking them out) and will be on a 100inch screen.

Joe Molotov

Isn't this their first console game? It's very obvious they made a half baked console UI and just kept it as-is on the PC (it's worse than the Borderlands 1 port). I suppose that's what happens when you're working to a TV production schedule and not a game one.

Also, this patching situation is really shit. For PC MMO launches, it's round-the-clock engineering to fix things as quick as possible. But because Trion wants to keep all versions of the game in sync, the PC client has to wait for fortnightly Xbox patching windows.

Wonder what will happen to the other versions when the player base dwindles and Trion decides the $50k 360 patches aren't profitable.

There's no cross-play, so couldn't they update the PC version more often than the console versions?

Zaph

There's no cross-play, so couldn't they update the PC version more often than the console versions?
You'd think.

If I had to guess, I say because building a MMO client/server infrastructure is already so incredibly difficult (seriously, massive props to the guys at Trion who made the shooting so smooth - it's the only exceptional part of the game), keeping parity between all the versions makes it easier for the dev team to discuss and organise all aspects of the game. Having multiple client versions (which, in turn, means multiple server counterparts too) means whenever they discuss a change or bug, they have to refer to the specific version.

2 Questions!!

Where do I get that awesome full armour I see a lot of people wearing? Its like sand camo and has yellow lights??

Second is where do I get a Cerberus vehicle?

Nishastra

Banned
2 Questions!!

Where do I get that awesome full armour I see a lot of people wearing? Its like sand camo and has yellow lights??

Second is where do I get a Cerberus vehicle?
1. It's a reward for the "Sack Scrapworks" co-op pursuit.

2. You don't, really. They only exist in Shadow War and I think one co-op map.

1. It's a reward for the "Sack Scrapworks" co-op pursuit.

2. You don't, really. They only exist in Shadow War and I think one co-op map.

The Sack Scrapworks one is similar, but the mask is totally different. Its more of a flat front face with just too little slot yellow eyes, its kind of Iron Man like.

That sucks about the Cerberus vehicle, it looks like it has a gun on it, I wanted to roll around in one with my buddy. This stupid red Dodge still seems better than all the quads and buggies :(

Secret third question! where do I get the leather jacket and khakis? haha

The Sack Scrapworks one is similar, but the mask is totally different. Its more of a flat front face with just too little slot yellow eyes, its kind of Iron Man like.

That sucks about the Cerberus vehicle, it looks like it has a gun on it, I wanted to roll around in one with my buddy. This stupid red Dodge still seems better than all the quads and buggies :(

Secret third question! where do I get the leather jacket and khakis? haha

I think that costume is the one you get from Nolan in the prequel episode quests - so don't think you can get it now.

Top Bottom