• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Defiance |OT| If Borderlands was a B2P MMO with a SyFy TV-series half-sister

Arkfalls have been a complete circlejerk with idiots killing everything instead of, you know, the damn rock. It doesn't help they have piss poor attitudes as well "hay n00bs I'm grinding kills for the legendary suit" :/ I wish the little skitterlings where not part of that.

Yeah, people killing skitterlings are lame (unless it doesn't matter).
I can't wait for when players can haev skitterlings as pets, and have random dweebs try to run over them with cars.

Wow. So the patch they released which prevents people from leeching mobs has effectively killed group play in the game. Not even clan and group members can share progress now. Everyone has to tag everything in order to get any kind of credit for the quest, pursuit, contract, whatever. They have taken the open group contribution system that worked so well in Guild Wars 2 and in this game and absolutely destroyed it.

Devs said they are looking into it but this will probably keep me from playing most of this weekend. I'm going to finish the episode 1 and 2 pursuits and wait for another patch, I guess.

Finished the main story line!
The final boss fight was tough, but not as hard as some people has made it out to be. Considering redoing the storyline (should be much more enjoyable now that I don't have to obsessively chase down every single side-mission as they pop up).

Please add me, so lonely

Account Name - ColdsnapBryan
Character Name - Original Spock420

What server are you on?
You have to be online at the same time as one of the clan members if you want to be invited ('ll be online for anothe 10 minutes or so, for both EU/NA).

In other news, I maxed out my roller level!
There's a trick to it - drive around with Cass' truck and mow down monarchs :p

How do i find out what server? Think i chose US or something.

You pick it in the login client, under settings I think.
If you're logged in, I'll try to invite you from both the NA and EU GAF-clan.

Sent an invite!
Check your invites (somewhere under the social option), and try relogging.

Moofers

Really thinking about getting this for PS3. Anyone on here play that verison? How does it run? I saw a page back somebody said they did an Arkfall and all the player characters went to the default model? That kind of stuff will really bum me out.

Any details on the PS3 version would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Bollocks

Really thinking about getting this for PS3. Anyone on here play that verison? How does it run? I saw a page back somebody said they did an Arkfall and all the player characters went to the default model? That kind of stuff will really bum me out.

Any details on the PS3 version would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Well, if you're used to Sony's high quality first party titles then the graphics in this game really take a dip. I started this right after God of War Ascension and the game looked like it's right from the SD area. But you get used to it, game is fun.
Haven't had any glitches while doing Arkfalls.
The only thing I can say is that it can take some time till all players show up, like you're in the middle of a huge open empty area and all of a sudden that area gets filled with 20 other players and you're right in the middle of the action.

Joe Molotov

Everyone in the clan, it's in the second post of this thread.

I don't, I'm still just a minion. :(

IPlKFm4.jpg

I haven't played in 2 weeks have they added any new episode quests?

How is the 360 version running? playing co-op with friends through the SP was really buggy at launch and was wondering if they patched it?

No new episode quests yet.
They've stated in the latest blog post that they're pushing back new content in order to focus on bug fixing (just until they're happy with the current state of the game) and I guess with the restrictions on the xbox360/PS3 they've decided to take their time with patches.

nataku

I can't ever seem to find anyone in the clan online when I'm on. Is there no way to send invites offline yet? How about adding people to a friends list when they aren't online?

All I see under Friends is Exit Menu as an option.

I can't ever seem to find anyone in the clan online when I'm on. Is there no way to send invites offline yet? How about adding people to a friends list when they aren't online?

All I see under Friends is Exit Menu as an option.

No way to send invites offline as of yet unfortunately.
Are you on PC NA/EU?
If you're on right now I can log in and invite you.

nataku

I got the friend request, but not the clan invite. Is there somewhere it's supposed to show up other than the social menu?

EDIT: I tried restarting the game a couple times and nothing.

I'm loggin on now can I get an invite for TJ Reese? that's my characters name. US server.

Done!

You're all being promoted to officers btw, so if anyone else need a friend invite then PM any of these gaffers for now as I'll log off.

I got the friend request, but not the clan invite. Is there somewhere it's supposed to show up other than the social menu?

Try relogging, and I'll send the invite again. I think you should be able to accept them through the quick menu (I think it's CTRL out of the menus).

nataku

Done!

You're all being promoted to officers btw, so if anyone else need a friend invite then PM any of these gaffers for now as I'll log off.

Try relogging, and I'll send the invite again. I think you should be able to accept them through the quick menu (I think it's CTRL out of the menus).

It popped up with the second invite, and I hit accept, but nothing :x

EDIT: Or maybe it did work. The chat system in this game is really horrible.

Bollocks

Man, that game gets really repetitive, drive to waypoint, kill waves of enemies, upon killing the last enemy, one last super enemy appears, rinse and repeat. That's basically their mission structure. They could have added a little more variety.
Doesn't help that the missions are far too long too.

Ricker

Hot shots: Reservoir Chickens is a giant pile of shit.

Fuck you, whoever thought that was a good idea!

I started that the other day and couldn't figure out what to do...I killed some on the ground but after a while,they stop spawning and the only ones left where standing on the posts...so I thought I have to kill those,in a circle,fast enough before the others on the ground respawn again...but after 15 minutes,it was just looping and looping so I jut gave up lol...

Anyone interested in the new Episode 3 pursuits, here's some tips to keep in mind:

All the special attribute hellbugs are best found in single hellbug themed arkfalls (the non huge ones) You tend to get a random smattering of different elements per enemy type.

A good location for the other stuff is doing a circular circuits of the dirt roads just west of Muir processing. You run that route and do the hellbug themed emergencies, and collect the eggs when you can.

Here's a really badly drawn approximation of the route I used:

Top Bottom