• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Defiance |OT| If Borderlands was a B2P MMO with a SyFy TV-series half-sister

Mindlog

Got my second Legendary.
Shotgun. Nice!
Combat Shotgun. OK Whatever.
Cannoneer +RoF. Great Synergy!
+10% Ego Recharge on full reload MY FAVORITE!
+5 Mag.
+9 Mag.

Thanks?
Two sawed-off shotguns with Powered Up on Waterfront is really mean. I went three games in a row without dying.

Still haven't gotten any legendaries :(

http://www.defiance.com/en/most-wanted

PC Registration

Enter the Registration Code shown above on your “Apply Code” page and click “Apply.”

Complete new “Most Wanted: Rogues Gallery” and “Most Wanted: Competitor” Pursuits before 11:59 pm PDT on May 12.*

Earn the highest rate of Ark Salvage per hour during the contest to win!

So yeah, grind your way into the show :p
I think I'm going to pass, as I doubt I'll be able to beat the most prolific salvage grinders.

foxdvd

Got my first legendary on the 360 version(us server) It was a sniper. I would be up for trading it for a legendary assault rifle.

It is a VBI Sniper
It has Radiation (I guess, it is the green one)

Stock and barrel attachments empty...still needs the other two unlocked

Synergy Outlaw (2)+5% dmg from last shot

x1.03 fire rate
10% ego recharge on full clip reload
+8 mag
DMG 1271
Fire rate .07
Mag 13
Reload 2.3
Crit x 3.0
Bloom 5.0

Requires ego 450 and currently is about 20% leveled up.

I am looking for an assault rifle...preferably one with burst fire and around 380 dmg...I would like for it to be under 500 ego so I can use it...but I would look at any assault rifle really.

Anyone looking for a strait up trade let me know...

codhand

username is codhand, just like on gaf, i'll be playing around 12:15pm est, and 6pm est. Today...

this friend system phone tag shit has got to stop. Why not an update for adding people not currently online? Is that ignorant of me to ask?

Still haven't gotten any legendaries :(

http://www.defiance.com/en/most-wanted

So yeah, grind your way into the show :p
I think I'm going to pass, as I doubt I'll be able to beat the most prolific salvage grinders.

yep, I'm out. I'm not that masochistic and there is still too much cheating in the PC version.

I got my first legendary last weekend. A FRC Saw. Not a huge fan of the saw weapons actually so I'm open to trade for a legendary sniper or legendary automatic shotgun.

It's not actually a time grind, you just need to get the highest salvage/hour rate - so you could log in for an hour and get a massive amount of salvage and then not play for two weeks.

But I think I'd rather just play for two weeks :p

Ohhhh, that makes it a little better I guess. The cheat level is still too damn high on PC for me to take part. I'd too would rather enjoy the game the next 2 weeks.

Joe Molotov

I was doing an arkfall last night when a wandering hulker suddenly went rampaging right into the middle of the last phase. It was funny, about half the people were shooting the Hellion and the other half were shooting the hulker.

I was doing an arkfall last night when a wandering hulker suddenly went rampaging right into the middle of the last phase. It was funny, about half the people were shooting the Hellion and the other half were shooting the hulker.

I've seen that happen as well, and the hulker ended up fighting the monarch :p
I like how the enemies do that, how they'll end up fighting eachother if you're not in the picture.

New patch incoming, restoring capture and hold mode!

Patch 1.013 - Final Patch Notes

Below are the patch notes for 1.013 that will be deployed to PC, Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 US & EU servers on May 2nd.

Patch 1.013 Notes:
- Freight Yard competitive map is back!
- New World Thugs data recorder has been fixed to always work regardless of your level
- Old Friends, Old Swords: Added failsafe to fix situations where the mission does not advance
- Project Aegis, Part 1: Set the turrets to disable 15 seconds after combat has been complete
- Project Aegis, Part 1: Fixed the issue where some enemies were spawning without using a spawn vehicle
- Increased the times and locations of the emergency necessary to fulfill the "Svushinnira: Just Business" contract
- Lowered the minimum level required to gain access to Contracts from 250 to 175
- Removed one of the runners from the Mount Tam crash site to improve driving paths
- Vehicle stats will no longer show up as zero in the vendor buy screen
- Weapons that require an EGO Rating of less than 250 have been added to Faction vendors
- Lowered the minimum level requirement for the Soleptor Excavation co-op map to 100
- Lowered the minimum level requirement for the Island of Lost Soldiers to 150
- Lowered the minimum level requirement for the Scrapworks Salvage to 225

Z3M0G

How does the PS3 version run?

Can you play PC version with a controller?

(Loved the pilot of the show, now I'm really interested in checking this out.)

I read somewhere that maxing out a specific weapon's XP will mean the weapon group will no longer gain XP. Is this true? Meaning say I max out a particular assault file, that the assault rifle group itself will now be stuck at the amount of XP it had when I maxed that gun out.

I read somewhere that maxing out a specific weapon's XP will mean the weapon group will no longer gain XP. Is this true? Meaning say I max out a particular assault file, that the assault rifle group itself will now be stuck at the amount of XP it had when I maxed that gun out.

Once a gun's XP is maxed, you just have to switch to a different gun of that type to continue gaining proficiency with that type of gun.

Bollocks

So is group invite glitched?
I was playing solo with randoms and then we grouped up. But I never saw any waypoint or anything, I had to follow my teammates. We played several missions but the main mission icon on my radar never changed. Cutscenes would only play occasionally and sound also crapped out 90% of the time.

But that game is really fun when in a group, too bad there's always some stuff dampening the experience.

God. You know what would have been nice? The game saying something about that. Thanks for clearing that up for me though.

I'm right there with you.. I basically went through the whole game with just 3-4 different weapons. All those weapon levels I could have been getting...

I'm right there with you.. I basically went through the whole game with just 3-4 different weapons. All those weapon levels I could have been getting...
Same. I'm kind of bummed since I had a couple of weapons that were my go-to ones that was perfect for my needs. Now I'm switching out to other rifles and whatnot that have some property that I can't stand.

Well, my kill count for arkfalls reset. :( It was progressing naturally and got up to a little over 2000. Now its 155. I didn't go out of my way just to kill everything except the objective, like many do :(

Moofers

I finally broke down and got this for PS3. I just couldn't resist it any longer. Now that I have it, its surprising that there's only 2 races and 4 classes, no hub city (nothing like Stormwind, for example) and no race-specific abilities. Plus the character maker was limited to face customization with only 8 haircuts and no ability to change bodytype at all. That's all a bit disappointing.

That said, I'm really having fun playing it. Its pretty much everything else I'd hoped for and I see a lot of potential for growth and expansions. The gunplay feels tight, headshots matter, there's great voice acting, and its all super pretty. Its kind of a wonder that this hasn't caught on more because its pretty good overall.

Looking forward to getting on again tonight. My PSN handle is UnoILLNino, character name Danyella. See you PS3 users in the bay area!

Yeah, the customization is pretty lack-luster, but most people just throw on a helmet and call it a day. You can look unique enough with the right combo of head/body gear, and of course gun - gun models are pretty varied.

Moofers

Yeah, the customization is pretty lack-luster, but most people just throw on a helmet and call it a day. You can look unique enough with the right combo of head/body gear, and of course gun - gun models are pretty varied.

RE: Customization - Its not terrible, its just not to the level of Rift, or some other MMO's which really let you go nuts. And I don't want a helmet because my Irathiant woman is gorgeous. :)

Effect

Anyone else being given the run around by Amazon.com regarding the $20 promotion for the game?

They keep responding that there is an error in the system regarding the promotion and that they're fixing it. It's been almost a month now. :(

I've been having some serious problems with connectivity over the last few days. It's not just in high traffic areas or arkfalls either - I'll be out somewhere on my own and just freeze up and disconnect back to the title screen. Has anyone else experienced the same this week/since the patch?

ironcreed

Banned
This game is so oddly addictive. There have been times where I could not believe I paid 60 bucks for it, but then I find myself not wanting to log out. Underneath all of the budgety warts, it is just plain fun to play.

Gold_Loot

I've been having some serious problems with connectivity over the last few days. It's not just in high traffic areas or arkfalls either - I'll be out somewhere on my own and just freeze up and disconnect back to the title screen. Has anyone else experienced the same this week/since the patch?

Yeah, I had some trouble a few days ago. I know it's on thier end, and they acknowledged the problem.

On a different note, does anyone know a good spot to do a 1080 spin? I can't seem to get more than a 720.

Gold_Loot

This game is so oddly addictive. There have been times where I could not believe I paid 60 bucks for it, but then I find myself not wanting to log out. Underneath all of the budgety warts, it is just plain fun to play.

It's strange, I felt the same way for awhile. It reminds me of the old school EQ games, where the game's were low budget and not the best looking, but you wanted to spend time there as much as could..

I'm personally loving it, and hope to see it grow into something special.

Chronoja

There's a fluidity to the gameplay of "jump in your car/atv, go get quest, roll over to the objective and shoot some things, rinse and repeat". You can see how some find it gets repetitive quickly but if you can tolerate it then it's not so bad.

I think it's the fact that they keep the gameplay cycle of this relatively short, as in, you are never doing any one of these steps for long before entering the next stage, so you might drive 500 meters to the objective, now you're shooting things, 2 minutes later you're looking at the rewards and the map to find the next quest.

It helps as well that the game isn't structured like other MMOs where you are constantly driving back to a central hub for your level, picking up a ton of quests and then completing them before you roll back to said hub. Only having a single quest at a time creates a more focused experience in that regard.

The moment I won't forget - the first time I participated I was in a multi-part arkfall and we cleared the first area. Everyone jumped into their vehicles and travelled as a pack to the next area across the landscape. So badass.

The moment I won't forget - the first time I participated I was in a multi-part arkfall and we cleared the first area. Everyone jumped into their vehicles and travelled as a pack to the next area across the landscape. So badass.

The motorcade between arkfalls is always awesome. I crack up every time.

The best is when everyone is following someone and that someone doesn't know where he's going and then the entire motorcade flies off a cliff into the ocean.

The best is when everyone is following someone and that someone doesn't know where he's going and then the entire motorcade flies off a cliff into the ocean.

lol I was actually responsible for something like that. No idea how to get to the next area and I had three people following me and led them all into the water on accident.

Mindlog

I get a good laugh out of that. Sometimes I do it on purpose now. Gun it and blare my horn, but dive out at the last second and watch a dozen vehicles vault over a cliff :p

The bug this patched introduces was scary as crap. Thankfully they sorted that out. Would have sucked to lose progress on so many pursuits.

M.W.

I'm almost fed up with this game. Every time there's a patch, it takes my Xbox 3-5 hours to download and install. It's ridiculous.

Top Bottom