• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

For the $150 Vita tier, it says "pledging 150$ or above gets you ALL of the digital stretch goal items for free when they’re unlocked. Since this is the physical collector's box for PS Vita, the PC version will be provided only as digital."

I thought we get both the PC and Vita version? Or did I just forget.

I'm reading it as "the PC version will not be provided as physical", which makes sense. Vita version is one of the stretch goal items, so it should be included as well.

Olengie

You do. They're just clarifying that that specific tier doesn't also come with a physical PC copy.

Ah. I see. Thanks for the clarification. Trying to convince some people to get it and one of them brought that up. Just wanted to get my facts straight before I replied. lol.

Quixzlizx

Ah. I see. Thanks for the clarification. Trying to convince some people to get it and one of them brought that up. Just wanted to get my facts straight before I replied. lol.

You can also choose between a Vita and Android digital copy. So you could end up with a physical Vita copy, digital PC copy, digital Android copy.

Shizuka

I think the last stretch goal is depending on how Degica handles Photon Melodies & Flowers. If they're smart and offer a physical copy of that, specially for the additional platforms, they might reach it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think the last stretch goal is depending on how Degica handles Photon Melodies & Flowers. If they're smart and offer a physical copy of that, specially for the additional platforms, they might reach it.

Yeah that might do it. Would be really neat to get the Figma! Hopefully they will update soon, although not sure if they will until after the weekend.

With how well this has done the past few days, it seems pretty likely to hit 900k now. It's looking like any decent late project surge will do it.

Shizuka

Yeah that might do it. Would be really neat to get the Figma! Hopefully they will update soon, although not sure if they will until after the weekend.

With how well this has done the past few days, it seems pretty likely to hit 900k now. It's looking like any decent late project surge will do it.

What's more impressive is that a lot of people are waiting to see if it'll hit the 900k stretch goal before increasing their tier to the one that'll get the physical CODEX. If they reach the last goal, the money will just keep coming.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
What's more impressive is that a lot of people are waiting to see if it'll hit the 900k stretch goal before increasing their tier to the one that'll get the physical CODEX. If they reach the last goal, the money will just keep coming.

That's pretty counter-productive: "I don't want to put more money down unless it hits 900k, but it's not hitting that amount yet". I mean, if worst comes to worst, they could always lower it on the last day if there's no chance that it'll make the goal.

Shizuka

That's pretty counter-productive: "I don't want to put more money down unless it hits 900k, but it's not hitting that amount yet". I mean, if worst comes to worst, they could always lower it on the last day if there's no chance that it'll make the goal.

A lot of people do that with Kickstarters, it's nothing new. People want to be sure before committing, even if they could help reach the stretch goal themselves.

Unless you're donating thousands of dollars, one particular pledge isn't going to make the difference. Hence if you're just looking at yourself, it makes sense to wait. And not everyone watches the Kickstarter everyday to track it, one of the reasons why Kickstarters get a late surge is because email notifications go out in the last 48 hours.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
And not everyone watches the Kickstarter everyday to track it, one of the reasons why Kickstarters get a late surge is because email notifications go out in the last 48 hours.

True... Still 8 more days until that email too. It still might actually be possible to get to that amount now, but we'll need an update about more info on Photo first, and then that last 48 hour push. Around $162k left to go...

Lain

Just based on the average daily alone they're posed to reach 900k. Obviously the average will drop a bit but there is always the last few days surge. They'll make it to 900k easy and probably get past it.

1upsuper

The prospect of that Sumika figma has me definitely tempted to go for that $150 Vita tier. Really happy to see this kickstarter going well. I've read the first Muv-Luv visual novel but I never got around to the sequels, which is kinda funny. This will be the perfect chance.

Redhood

Daamn! I am running out of time. I hope I can back that vita physical tier when I get paid.

Question: Are these pure VN? or is it choice based like steins gate, VLR, 999 etc?

Daamn! I am running out of time. I hope I can back that vita physical tier when I get paid.

Question: Are these pure VN? or is it choice based like steins gate, VLR, 999 etc?

Stories with choices do still fall under "pure VN" as long as there aren't other significant gameplay elements. That is, Steins;Gate is a pure VN (even if its choice system is unusual) while 999/VLR are not because of the puzzle rooms.

But anyway, I think I heard that the Muv-Luv VNs have choices, but they get more linear farther along in the trilogy as the story gets heavier. Someone who knows more can probably clarify.

But anyway, I think I heard that the Muv-Luv VNs have choices, but they get more linear farther along in the trilogy as the story gets heavier. Someone who knows more can probably clarify.
Muv Luv Extra has your traditional VN style choices that lead into different character routes. Muv Luv Unlimited is mostly linear with choices that change dialogue and a few scenes, but doesn't alter the story very significantly. Muv Luv Alternative tells a completely linear story with no meaningful choices.

broz0rs

I just found out about this kickstarter and wow! what wonderful news. I'm a person who's not into anime, but promised a friend to play Muv Luv Extra/Unlimited/Alternative. After I finished Alternative, I pretty much got depressed for a week because my time with the series had ended. It was an incredibly emotional tour de force. I'll definitely consider contributing to the kickstarter.

Shizuka

At this point, I'm 95% sure it'll reach the last stretch goal by the end of the campaign. It'd be a sight to see it hitting one million dollars, if possible.

What's the situation with this game and Europe. Know a few people who would love this game but aren't the type to do online funding.

Vanethyr

What's the situation with this game and Europe. Know a few people who would love this game but aren't the type to do online funding.

If your friends are wanting copies for the Vita you might want to convince them to fund it since it sounds like the physical release post-Kickstarter will be limited.

Shizuka

I asked the one in charge for the Muv Luv PR on Facebook about Photons Vita:

There's no confirmation for Photons Vita release as the creators only agreed with a PC port for the stretch goal. Sorry about that 😞 However, if the creators does decide to do a western Photons Vita release, we'll do our best to secure discounts for the KS backers. 😊

Shizuka

JsYf0rV.png

Shenmue

Banned
Figmas for everyone I hope! (If you pitched in $150)

When the release the additional 100 $300 tier with the Raptor model kit, I'll be upping my backing to that tier + the $65 for the Takemikazuchi model kit as well. I wish they would also do the garage kits as add-ons because I would pay a pretty hefty amount for those as well.

Anyone know exactly how I would do the add-on by the way? Is it a button you click when increasing your backing?

Anyone know exactly how I would do the add-on by the way? Is it a button you click when increasing your backing?

Not exactly. What you do is increase your pledge to cover the cost of whatever additional addons you want. So if you are at the $150 tier and you wanted to add on the Takemikazuchi model for $65, you'd pledge $215 total.

Then, when the backerkit is sent out post-Kickstarter you'll select the addons you want until the excess funds added onto your pledge are either depleted or are no longer large enough to cover the cost of anything else.

Shizuka

I just pledged for the $80 physical Vita tier, but I didn't see anywhere I could include my address. Is that normal? Will they ask me for my information later?

Shizuka

I was waiting because I had in my mind somehow that I'd be charged the moment I made the pledge. It doesn't, they just charge you when the project is over, which is why I decided to pull the trigger today instead of waiting until next month.

Top Bottom