• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

Vanethyr

I thought that the first time too, so now I pledge the full amount I intend to from the start to help with stretch goals in the meantime (and save up in time) now that I know it's not upfront.

Lain

I was waiting because I had in my mind somehow that I'd be charged the moment I made the pledge. It doesn't, they just charge you when the project is over, which is why I decided to pull the trigger today instead of waiting until next month.

Yeah, kickstarter charges you at the end (and gives you a few days to sort it out in case of problems) which makes it more helpful for the people pledging, especially for those that might change their minds before the campaign ends, since they don't have to wait on refunds or go through some customer support.

Shizuka

Well, all that's left for me now is waiting. I was hoping we'd see Photon Flower & Melodies getting ported to the Vita, but I knew it was a long stretch. I wonder if it'll reach the same amount of backers as Clannad did on its Kickstarter.

Shenmue

Banned
Not exactly. What you do is increase your pledge to cover the cost of whatever additional addons you want. So if you are at the $150 tier and you wanted to add on the Takemikazuchi model for $65, you'd pledge $215 total.

Then, when the backerkit is sent out post-Kickstarter you'll select the addons you want until the excess funds added onto your pledge are either depleted or are no longer large enough to cover the cost of anything else.

Ahhhh I see. Thank you kind sir.

Update for the Final Week.

Not much news, though there's this:
QC/Editing Translation Started!
We've already started assembling the team to work on the Muv-Luv translation. We'll be providing regular updates on this process as we move forward. We'll also be launching a website soon which will have a progress tracker for this project.

Gift Bag

Yuuko has been hard at work gathering contents for her gift bags. It looks like we're going to be able to start sending these out to you as soon as we've gathered your shipping information etc. through BackerKit! That means it's possible you'll get them in time for Christmas! (although we can't guarantee this)

Yasumi

Banned
I'm super tempted to pledge, but man, $85 USD would be $112 CDN. For something I wouldn't get until next year, that stings a little too much.

Shizuka

I'm super tempted to pledge, but man, $85 USD would be $112 CDN. For something I wouldn't get until next year, that stings a little too much.

Is the canadian dollar on the rise or falling? Depending on which one, it's better to get it now than next year.

Ventara

Think of it this way. You're getting 2 Vita game with digital copies. Factoring in the tax. You'll be paying $50 for a Vita game that comes with a digital copy, which, though still expensive, is relatively reasonable.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Is the canadian dollar on the rise or falling? Depending on which one, it's better to get it now than next year.

Canadian dollar has been really really bad since last year.

Despite that, if these DO end up being KS-only physical, then that be a missed out opportunity, the way I think of it. Currency has no guarantees either.

Shizuka

Canadian dollar has been really really bad since last year.

Despite that, if these DO end up being KS-only physical, then that be a missed out opportunity, the way I think of it. Currency has no guarantees either.

I don't think the physical Vita copies will be KS-only, but I fear they might be sold after for $50 each, with a limited availability, with no digital codes. Between that and paying $80 for both with digital codes and the guarantee that you won't have to worry about availability, I'd pick the latter.

Olengie

Better to pledge now instead of paying a markup later. Besides, you get digital codes you can sell to recoup some of the cost

Shenmue

Banned
I hope we can get that last 100k!!!! I'm not getting my hopes up though. That's an average of 20k a day...

Oh well even without the physical codex and the figma it's still an amazing deal.

Lain

I hope we can get that last 100k!!!! I'm not getting my hopes up though. That's an average of 20k a day...

Oh well even without the physical codex and the figma it's still an amazing deal.

Then it's good that the average is 22k per day and that the last couple days the pledges usually have a spike too, because it means it'll make it to 900k and has a chance to reach 1 million.

Shenmue

Banned
Yeah we're short quite a bit. I just hope the spike is big!

We need someone like 8-4 or something to give it that 8-4 bump!

I don't know, the past few days haven't been increasing, they're stationed between 10k-15k a day.

There should still be a boost for the last couple of days that should get it there, especially with there still being an active stretch goal.

But longer campaigns always seem to run out of steam a bit.

It's going to be tight. Not all end of project bumps are equal, the common wisdom that it's x percentage of the total is often wrong. I can't see this getting anywhere near 1 million.

Shizuka

It's going to be tight. Not all end of project bumps are equal, the common wisdom that it's x percentage of the total is often wrong. I can't see this getting anywhere near 1 million.

I think that if they got to the 900k farther from the end, they could've gotten a boost from people increasing their pledge for the physical codex.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot to ask earlier when I was browsing, but how is the anime series? Looks like it's just based on Alternate and not the original?

I forgot to ask earlier when I was browsing, but how is the anime series? Looks like it's just based on Alternate and not the original?

It's not based on the Alternative game in this Kickstarter either. It's an adaptation of the Total Eclipse spin-off and the anime isn't very good. The main Muv Luv series hasn't had any anime adaptation.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's not based on the Alternative game in this Kickstarter either. It's an adaptation of the Total Eclipse spin-off and the anime isn't very good. The main Muv Luv series hasn't had any anime adaptation.

Ah I see. I thought I remember reading that it was based off something else. I still might pick them up for fun if they are dirt cheap during the Rightstuf holiday sale.

Shizuka

I managed to share the word with a Vita collector friend and posted the link on the LRG topic, since lots of people are reading that one as B&C went for sale today.

chrono01

Think I'm going upgrade from $1 to $150.
You should do it.

You only live once!

Knowing him, he might just grab the figure for himself and call it a day.
That sounds like a win/win situation to me. Well, unless you want the figma too, then it would be win/lose kind of deal, but at least you'd still have the game(s) and the other bonus materials.

You should upgrade your pledge too. Come on, you know you want to.

Shenmue

Banned
Ahhh when are they going to increase the Raptor $300 tier to 200 like they said!? I hope it's not at some weird time where I miss it. Just waiting for that to increase my backing from $150 to $365.

Hastati

Ahhh when are they going to increase the Raptor $300 tier to 200 like they said!? I hope it's not at some weird time where I miss it. Just waiting for that to increase my backing from $150 to $365.

Is there some reason that everyone wants the raptor? I like the Takemikazuchi's design so I went with that, but having never played the game...?

Shenmue

Banned
Is there some reason that everyone wants the raptor? I like the Takemikazuchi's design so I went with that, but having never played the game...?

I want both actually. But they only offer the Takemikazuchi as the $65 add on. So the most economical way is to get the $300 Raptor tier and then add $65.

fertygo

Takemikazuchi is the main mech for our squad in the story, but Motherfucking RAPTOR is fan favorite due to its design

Top Bottom