• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

Hastati

I didn't read it either and I'm also keeping it spoil-free. All I know is something something mechs and girls that pilot it :p Better be as good as everyone says with the sum I'm putting into it (for the goodies...) :x

I'm hoping I enjoy it too. But I feel good about supporting it either way, because successes like this further increase the chance that other companies will try to get their stuff out of Japan as well. And there are many games that deserve to be translated and enjoyed around the world.

Also, it helps that the pledge tiers each have really great rewards.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping I enjoy it too. But I feel good about supporting it either way, because successes like this further increase the chance that other companies will try to get their stuff out of Japan as well. And there are many games that deserve to be translated and enjoyed around the world.

Also, it helps that the pledge tiers each have really great rewards.

So true! VNs have opened up a CRAZY amount in only 2 years! And yeah it sure did help that this KS had some really really good stuff to toss in with it :p I'm honestly really surprised that they are able to do physical Vita copies AND work with GSC to get the Figmas.

I ended up going with the $150 tier. Just to get all the software digitally would be $100 ($60 for ML+MLA, $30 for Photon, $10 for codex). Paying $50 on top of that for extra copies of the game and a bunch of physical goods is a pretty good deal.

Quixzlizx

I ended up going with the $150 tier. Just to get all the software digitally would be $100 ($60 for ML+MLA, $30 for Photon, $10 for codex). Paying $50 on top of that for extra copies of the game and a bunch of physical goods is a pretty good deal.

Yeah, the nicer figmas are around $50 by themselves.

Prelude.

Alright, I'm gonna back this tomorrow.

So, if the only thing I care about is a physical Vita copy, the cheapest option is the $80 Muv-Luv Trilogy PS Vita Physical Bundle, right?

Akibared

I'm really jealous of all of you who get to experience this for the first time! It's my favorite VN and I'm looking forward to see what you all think of it.

Shizuka

So if I back 150$, what do I get. I still dont get it. I am at 80$ now.

imageaau4d.jpeg

StereoVsn

Yeah, the sheer amount of extras in the $150 tier made the sale to me from the $80 version. I don't really care about figures and such but the extra episodes, all the digital stuff, signed copies of the game and so on are pretty cool.

Shizuka

I think my favorite part of the $150 tier is that I get PC digital codes, which means I can play the game ASAP; Vita digital codes, so I can play it on my Vita before my physical Vita copies arrive and just leave those sealed; and Photon Melodies & Flowers, meaning I'll be able to get my extra dose of Muv-Luv when I'm done with the trilogy. Basically, the stretch goals were the reason the $150 became worth it for me.

UCBooties

I think my favorite part of the $150 tier is that I get PC digital codes, which means I can play the game ASAP; Vita digital codes, so I can play it on my Vita before my physical Vita copies arrive and just leave those sealed; and Photon Melodies & Flowers, meaning I'll be able to get my extra dose of Muv-Luv when I'm done with the trilogy. Basically, the stretch goals were the reason the $150 became worth it for me.

Yeah, that's all good stuff (Vita Backer here) but I'll be sad if we don't hit the Figma goal. Extra copies don't do much for me and I don't know if the extra content is worth the bump in cost. I essentially did the $15o tier in hopes that it would get to the last stretch goal.

Hastati

There was a lot of added value when they hit those goals, and even more when they hit 900k, which I'm sure they will.

I also didn't realize the physical copies were signed (?) which is a cool bonus.

It's also great that we will have high-profile VN's on steam, it'll help justify their presence there, hopefully counteracting the increasing amount of VN schlock that creeps in through greenlight.

Yeah, that's all good stuff (Vita Backer here) but I'll be sad if we don't hit the Figma goal. Extra copies don't do much for me and I don't know if the extra content is worth the bump in cost. I essentially did the $15o tier in hopes that it would get to the last stretch goal.

They're only 34k away, they'll be well over 900k by Tuesday afternoon (EDT) when this ends.

Ventara

Less than 30K to the last stretch goal?! Wow, we are definitely making it. I mean, I knew we would, but I thought it'd be on the final day or something. Anyways, I'm gonna pledge $150 since 900K is a shoe-in. It's a bit expensive for me, but there's just a lot of value in the package, and I'm hoping to sell my PC code for $40-50 to reduce the cost. You know, speaking of reselling, if there are any scalpers here, they should get on this. The $80 and $150 Vita tiers will sell for a lot later on, I'm guessing.

Edit: And done. $150 pledged. Officially the most expensive Vita game I've bought (unless you divide the cost between the 2 cartridges). Anyways, this is only the second kickstarter I've backed, since I've always dubious as to whether the kickstarter can pull through with it's promises, but I'm relatively comfortable backing this. The Kickstarter has been handled marvelously, and has done nothing but to give confidence in it's success.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Wow if they reach the goal, I going to have a weekend to think hard whether I should upgrade my pledge from $150 to $220 so I can get the physical codex....

Hmm...

Olengie

I backed the Grisaia Kickstarter after it reached the Vita stretch goal. And we all know what happened....

At least it was only a $1

Ventara

Honestly, I'm pretty tempted to buy the $80 Vita tier in addition to the $150 one. I'm sure I can sell both sets of digital Vita copies for $40 each. That way, I can play the physical copy and still keep the CE sealed.

Actually, can I even do that? Or do I need to make a second kickstarter account?

just to confirm, the 80 vita bundle comes with

1) physical vita of the 3 games
2) and a digital copy of your choice (steam/vita) of the 3 games

right?

Savitar

Went and backed for 150 bucks.

Picked the PC version rather than the Vita one because one of those formats is going to endure.

The other, is not even really enduring now.

Shenmue

Banned

And at the $300 tier add the following:

• Yuuko's Gift Bag (Medallion, Sumika/Meiya Buttons, Postcard Set, Emblem Patches, Wallscroll)
  • Beta Plushie
  • Signed model kit of Raptor or Takemikazuchi (these kits will run you about $60 already and they won't be signed if you buy from some retail store obviously)
  • Exclusive decal set for the model kit
  • Physical codex - HARDCOVER 400-500 glossy full color pages!!!! (if we get to 900k)

Let's get it to 900k with days to spare!!

Akibared

• Yuuko's Gift Bag (Medallion, Sumika/Meiya Buttons, Postcard Set, Emblem Patches, Wallscroll)
  • Beta Plushie
  • Signed model kit of Raptor or Takemikazuchi (these kits will run you about $60 already and they won't be signed)
  • Physical codex (if we get to 900k)

Shit! I might have to drop that extra physical copy and pay a bit more for all that.

Shizuka

• Beta Plushie
  • Signed model kit of Raptor or Takemikazuchi (these kits will run you about $60 already and they won't be signed)
  • Physical codex (if we get to 900k)

Glad I'm not tempted by the $300 tier, or else I'd be in big trouble.

Top Bottom