• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

bomblord1

Banned
March 2016 for Muv Luv, Summer 2016 for Muv Luv Alternative. No dates on the stretch goals, though they've said that they think they can get the Vita out soon after the PC.

Probably M.

1. Alright thanks sounds good

2.Well let me just be blunt. Would that be for nudity?

Any idea of what exactly is toned down in the all ages version?

I'm not sure of everything (don't want to post spoilers either) and it won't be identical to the PS3 release. They have this on their FAQ:
How will you handle distribution platform restrictions without compromising important story elements? (Note: this section contains subtle spoilers.)

・We will push for a release that is as faithful as possible to the original. Our goal is to allow newcomers to experience exactly why the fanbase votes Muv-Luv as one of the best—if not THE best—Visual Novel they have ever played.

・With regard to violent content, Muv-Luv is relatively tame compared to several games available on Steam, so we will likely get the crucial story elements across.

・We will also release an official patch for the remaining important elements from Muv-Luv. More details will be provided at a later date.
They're suggesting that some of the violence/gore that was censored for the Japanese console release will probably be restored.

Chilikar

Vita version was stuck in the limbo until now. Well, it still is, since they have nothing to show so far.

Grisaia being in Approval Hell with Sony.

It's a different publisher, no reason to worry because of that. Grisaia's vita ports have been stalled because Sekai Project had trouble getting licensed from Sony.

Hm I see, so what's the guarantee that this publisher won't be having the same problems as the grisaia team? I mean there's also a chance that it'll get into approval issues with Sony too right? This may have an effect on my decision to back out of that $150 tier

Prelude.

Alright, pledged for the Vita version.

As far as I can tell, they're gonna ask me later for my shipping address? It's the first time I used KS, I'm not sure how it works.

OnFire331

Hm I see, so what's the guarantee that this publisher won't be having the same problems as the grisaia team? I mean there's also a chance that it'll get into approval issues with Sony too right? This may have an effect on my decision to back out of that $150 tier

A Japanese Vita version is in the works and is releasing in January. They only have to localize that version, make whatever changes they might have promised for the release in the West (like uncensored gore) and do QA.

Chilikar

A Japanese Vita version is in the works and is releasing in January. They only have to localize that version, make whatever changes they might have promised for the release in the West (like uncensored gore) and do QA.

Thanks for the explanation, it definitely is a lot more reassuring if that's the case. I don't want this investment to go down the drain :(

EDIT: another question for you knowledgeable folks! I'm SERIOUSLY considering adding the $65 Takemikazuchi plastic model that's signed. I absolutely love plastic models and I figured I shouldn't miss a chance to get a limited edition model. I did some research and it turns out there's several models out there, some already built while some you do it yourself. Does anyone know which model it'll be? will it be Kotobukiya? If I do make the decision to make this purchase, I was hoping I would do it before the campaign ends so we can more easily reach that 900k stretch goal :)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm I went to go add $80 for the Codex, and then I realized that they didn't specifically say that it would be an add-on, just that it would be a different reward tier to ONLY getting the Codex. Unless I'm overthinking it and that's already sort of implied...

Hmmm I went to go add $80 for the Codex, and then I realized that they didn't specifically say that it would be an add-on, just that it would be a different reward tier to ONLY getting the Codex. Unless I'm overthinking it and that's already sort of implied...

It's probably implied, but hopefully they will say more once the goal is met. They could do better telling us what all of the add-ons are.

Akibared

Ero scenes were removed or altered. A couple of very violent CGs were slightly altered to cover up the worst of the gore.

I'm not sure of everything (don't want to post spoilers either) and it won't be identical to the PS3 release. They have this on their FAQ:

They're suggesting that some of the violence/gore that was censored for the Japanese console release will probably be restored.

I'm ok with the euro content but I was worried the other stuff would be missing so that's good!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's probably implied, but hopefully they will say more once the goal is met. They could do better telling us what all of the add-ons are.

Hmm in that case, I'll just wait until Backerkit goes up. It will hit the goal even without me bumping it now, but I can't commit another $80 until I know for sure.

Jazz573

Hmm in that case, I'll just wait until Backerkit goes up. It will hit the goal even without me bumping it now, but I can't commit another $80 until I know for sure.

Keep in mind, if you want the signed box, you have to pledge during the KS. The box after that, is only available unsigned.

OnFire331

another question for you knowledgeable folks! I'm SERIOUSLY considering adding the $65 Takemikazuchi plastic model that's signed. I absolutely love plastic models and I figured I shouldn't miss a chance to get a limited edition model. I did some research and it turns out there's several models out there, some already built while some you do it yourself. Does anyone know which model it'll be? will it be Kotobukiya? If I do make the decision to make this purchase, I was hoping I would do it before the campaign ends so we can more easily reach that 900k stretch goal :)

It's the Kotobukiya Non-Scale Takemikazuchi Type-00R Ver. 1.5. It costs about $50 from what I could see but this one is signed.

jonjonaug

Insert Japanese memes here.

chir9xw.jpg

Hubb

Well I guess I am going in for $150 now that 900k is getting hit no question. Thinking physical PC and digital Vita.

Olengie

The upside for Muv Luv (for me) is it's getting a Physical Vita version, unlike Grisaia (as far I know).

It's only a matter of time now before we reach 900k! yay

Wow it feels great to see this campaign clear the last goal.
So how does this compare to the other VN's on kickstarter for funding?
I know Muv-Luv is well know and I love it myself but it seems so crazy to see this kickstarter do so well.

Wow it feels great to see this campaign clear the last goal.
So how does this compare to the other VN's on kickstarter for funding?
I know Muv-Luv is well know and I love it myself but it seems so crazy to see this kickstarter do so well.

It's blown by everything. The old highest was Clannad at 541k. They've done a really good job running this Kickstarter. which is why you have the average pledge sitting at a really absurd $167.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's blown by everything. The old highest was Clannad at 541k. They've done a really good job running this Kickstarter. which is why you have the really absurd average pledge at over $167.

If this won't give some Japanese devs/publishers the initiative to pump out more VNs in english, then nothing will.

Christian

Well, time to upgrade to the $220 tier for dat codex. Love that visual novels are getting so much love on KS. How exciting.

As it turns out you don't have to worry about addons, there is a new $220 tier than includes the physical codex plus the $150 collector's box.

Top Bottom