• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
As it turns out you don't have to worry about addons, there is a new $220 tier than includes the physical codex plus the $150 collector's box.

And it works out to be $70 instead of $80. Might go for that then! Miss out on the plush, but that's fine.

Yasumi

Banned
Canadian dollar stings, but whatever. It's to support VNs in North America, and it's for one of the best. In for Vita physical.

Shizuka

New for the campaign:

7ETN9zE.png

Shenmue

Banned
Thanks for the explanation, it definitely is a lot more reassuring if that's the case. I don't want this investment to go down the drain :(

EDIT: another question for you knowledgeable folks! I'm SERIOUSLY considering adding the $65 Takemikazuchi plastic model that's signed. I absolutely love plastic models and I figured I shouldn't miss a chance to get a limited edition model. I did some research and it turns out there's several models out there, some already built while some you do it yourself. Does anyone know which model it'll be? will it be Kotobukiya? If I do make the decision to make this purchase, I was hoping I would do it before the campaign ends so we can more easily reach that 900k stretch goal :)

Yes it's the kotobukiya one that you have to build yourself. It's about 50 but once you figure in import costs you're looking at about 60 to 70 at least.

gpn

Changed from the $150 level to the $220 level. That physical Codex book sounds too good to miss out on.

Since this kickstarter has been so successful, I hope they consider Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Akane Maniax. And if Muv Luv can get close to a million (maybe more by the time it ends) just think what Type-Moon could get for Fate/Stay Night.

Chilikar

Yes it's the kotobukiya one that you have to build yourself. It's about 50 but once you figure in import costs you're looking at about 60 to 70 at least.

Awesome, thanks a lot! I'm guessing it's ver 1.5 then, in that case. Unfortunately that $65 comes to $85CAD! Very expensive, so I'm definitely on the edge for this one

Another update. It doesn't sound like another stretch goal will be a thing.
We've had some questions about having signed/unsigned boxes for the Collector's Box and TSF boxes. To make things easier, we've decided to provide an option in BackerKit for the boxes to be signed or not. Any boxes ordered through the main KS or later via BackerKit will have this option.
And you can get signed boxes from backerkit now.
How many backers did that have?

Shizuka

From the latest update:

What's Next?

There have been some rumours of a "hidden stretch goal" floating around. While we can't confirm or deny these rumours, rest assured that any additional money pledged to this campaign will be put to very good use. We'll be sharing more info on this in the coming days.

From the latest update:

And it's only in the email, they took that out of the KS page update and changed it to this:
What's Next?
Even after achieving our final stretch goal pledges have continued to flow in. Rest assured that any additional money pledged to this campaign will be put to very good use. We'll be sharing more info on this in the coming days.
Also, stay tuned for another video updated from Yoshimune-san!
I'm not sure what that means. Maybe they don't want to commit to anything.

Bowl0l

Upgraded pledge $150 -> $220
Shipping rate $10 -> $20
Didn't know that the codec increases the
shipping rate.

Hubb

Upgraded pledge $150 -> $220
Shipping rate $10 -> $20
Didn't know that the codec increases the
shipping rate.

It is a large hardcover book (at least I think so), 10 dollars might be a bit much, but I expected it to increase somewhat. The real question is do I think the codec is worth it or should I just stick to 150.

That and this'll be my first figma/doll/action figure/thingy, am I about to go down a rabbit hole I never wished to?

Akibared

It is a large hardcover book (at least I think so), 10 dollars might be a bit much, but I expected it to increase somewhat. The real question is do I think the codec is worth it or should I just stick to 150.

That and this'll be my first figma/doll/action figure/thingy, am I about to go down a rabbit hole I never wished to?

If I'm reading this right the codex is going to be based off this so it's going to massive! Figures can be a slippery slope I'm absolutely addicted to buying them.

I have a question about MLA rather than the kickstarter itself.
Do the latter ports of MLA have a CG gallery?If so we should get it in the updated port right?
I would love to browse some of the art in a higher res, just the sheer amount of art in the game is staggering.

jonjonaug

I have a question about MLA rather than the kickstarter itself.
Do the latter ports of MLA have a CG gallery?If so we should get it in the updated port right?
I would love to browse some of the art in a higher res, just the sheer amount of art in the game is staggering.

It will most likely have one, yes.

I just realized I should bump my pledge up to $320 from $310 if I want the codex right?
For shipping? It's $20 worldwide, $10 for the US.
・The Kickstarter system will automatically ask for the right shipping cost for physical goods and the values varies on your location. If you're pledging through Paypal, here are the amounts:
- $10 worldwide, $5 US/Canada = $200 and below: Yuuko's Gift Bag, physical Vita/PC DVD, Collector's Box, You BETA Watch Out.
- $20 worldwide, $10 US/Canada = $220~$400: Physical Codex+CE, Takemikazuchi/Raptor, That's My Girl

- $20 worldwide, $10 US = Jacket and Hoodie

・All Superior Collection tiers and above has no shipping cost.
Or at least that's what their FAQ seems to say.

gpn

If I'm reading this right the codex is going to be based off this so it's going to massive! Figures can be a slippery slope I'm absolutely addicted to buying them.

Watching that flip-through video, the book reminds me of Xenogears Perfect Works, and it makes me wish there was a kickstarter to release an English version of Xenogears Perfect Works.

creid

Watching that flip-through video, the book reminds me of Xenogears Perfect Works, and it makes me wish there was a kickstarter to release an English version of Xenogears Perfect Works.
I had the same thought. It's a shame that interest will never again be as high as it was ~10 years ago

Shizuka

What are the game projects on Kickstarter that managed to break one million dollars? I'm amazed that a japanese visual novel will join that list.

Hastati

There actually haven't been that many games that have broken a million (not counting board games). It's crazy that this will be in the same ballpark as something like Massive Chalice (1.2 million), I never expected it to do THIS well.

There actually haven't been that many games that have broken a million (not counting board games). It's crazy that this will be in the same ballpark as something like Massive Chalice (1.2 million), I never expected it to do THIS well.

It's even crazier that it's doing it with less than 6000 backers. You mention Massive Chalice and that had almost 32k backers.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
What are the game projects on Kickstarter that managed to break one million dollars? I'm amazed that a japanese visual novel will join that list.

This gives you a bit of an idea. It's overall funded Kickstarters, but for a VN it's crazy good! I also forgot how much Shenmue III made.

Shizuka

And it's reached one million dollars. I can't believe it, it just keeps going on and on! At the beginning, I thought the "last" 720k stretch goal would be really hard to achieve, but now, it'll keep going on until Tuesday.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I also bumped my pledge to the $220 tier, plus the $80 for the other physical copy. $300. Wow. Definitely selling off the digital copies to make up the loss (next year) >_> Prob go through BSTGAF but I feel like it'll be flooded :p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
And it has now surpassed Clannad's amount of backers, so that's another record right there.

Japan BETTER take note of this! I don't want to hear ANYMORE "this won't sell" or "the west wants this??" or "we won't make money off physical copies" etc etc...

upandaway

And it's reached one million dollars. I can't believe it, it just keeps going on and on! At the beginning, I thought the "last" 720k stretch goal would be really hard to achieve, but now, it'll keep going on until Tuesday.
Yeah we did say that about the 720k. Heh

chrono01

I'm very pleased to see these numbers. Very pleased indeed!

I'm going to stay at the $150 tier, but I'll probably add-on the physical Codex once the BackerKit goes out.

Top Bottom