• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

Lain

Why would anyone be upset at it reaching that much success? This is all pretty great.

Because there are more deserving projects that have had their funding stolen by this project, obviously!

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if some people think that. If people upset by the success of this KS really are out there complaining.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm not seeing much of that, beyond the typical shitposting on /jp/, but even that's been mild.
Well I expect shitposting on /jp/ which is why I kinda left years ago when it overflowed but it doesn't really sound too bad.
Because there are more deserving projects that have had their funding stolen by this project, obviously!

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if some people think that. If people upset by the success of this KS really are out there complaining.

That would be pretty petty but I wouldn't be surprised.

Prelude.

This is some vita fanboyism lol

Table should let your hand rest more from clawing nonstop
You're supposed to hold the tablet, not rest your hand on the table.
What I'm talking about is that you can't rest your thumb on the same spot you have to press it on a touch screen, which is extremely annoying if you play for more than 10 minutes. With buttons you can.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
What a child.

Oh well, it's GameFAQs so I don't expect much there really besides collectible guides for some games with way too many collectibles.

Shizuka

What a bizarre comparison, it's not even the same audience. I figured it would be the unhappiness with Ixrec's script that many have expressed.

It was bound to be someone completely unfamiliar with the Muv-Liv games, or even unfamiliar with visual novels altogether.

Gbraga

I love the idea of using Kickstarter for localizations and ports. Wish it was done more often for projects that people have been requesting for a while, but publishers are not sure if it's worth the cost. Let people vote with their wallet.

Not sure if I want the $150 tier...which is enough signs for me to say no. I know nothing of the series and I'm not really a figma person.

But I guess 80 bucks for 2/3 VN vita games is fine

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Honestly I would have downgraded if the Sumika figure wasn't added since I didn't really have a need for the digital copies. She was one of my favorites though so that kinda just made me hold still.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I did a thing.

Bbocpmy.png

Olengie

Despite knowing I can recoup some of the cost (I know I must be like a broken record for saying it all the time. lol.), I will be missing that $150.

Shizuka

I think I'll just go crazy and use everything that comes with the $150 tier. I'll use the PC digital codes if the Vita version is too far away and I'll use the Vita digital codes so I'll be able to replay the game and get those platinum trophies without having to open my collector's box.

Hubb

Wow I think I feel a little bad for Strikeninja24. All that effort for nothing, well at least it was an entertaining read.

BTA

For a while now I've been going back and forth over whether I should drop $80 on the physical Vita bundle.

I'm still drawn to physical copies for some reason, and given how limited Vita memory card space is it's probably a smarter choice, so I don't want to miss my chance on that. I'm just worried that I'll wind up not enjoying them all that much and then end up being down more than the digital copies would be on PSN. Still, I enjoy VNs enough that I'm probably safe committing... but I'm still not sure yet.

So I'll probably end up biting at the last minute.

There's a new update with a video from Koki Yoshimune.
The Kickstarter may be drawing to a close but we are just getting started. Translation work has already begun as has production on many of the physical backer rewards. We're also working out a plan for the extra money that's been raised and will be updating everyone shortly.

Shenmue

Banned
That Strikeninja420 guy should spend less time complaining and more time working. That way he could fund 1 million dollars to whatever he wants.

ohlawd

muvluvvru1o.png

I hate you, chrono >_>

and that's the highest I can go. I wanted the codex but I don't have a money tree in my backyard. hopefully, no one's actually selling their Vita code so I can go in the BST thread and sell it for a premium.

chrono01

muvluvvru1o.png

I hate you, chrono >_>

and that's the highest I can go. I wanted the codex but I don't have a money tree in my backyard. hopefully no one's actually selling their Vita code so I can go in the BST thread and sell it for a premium
Nicely done!
And you're welcome. >:)

Also, I see you chose the PC version too. I was debating between choosing the physical PC or Vita version, but personally visual novels were always a PC sort of thing so it kind of felt like something I should get on that instead of Vita. Plus, I'll have the digital Vita code, so it's not as though I'll be without that one. Honestly, I'll probably keep my PC version sealed as a collector's item and just use the digital PC/Vita codes. :/

But yes, congrats on the purchase. I was tempted to go for the physical codex, and if it's offered via Backerkit later I probably will. I just can't pledge for it now, since the cost would be close to an additional $100. Damn you, CDN dollar.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hopefully the extra money go a long way.

I'm actually glad they didn't tack on another stretch goal last minute. Your project can get fucked with "feature" creep. This mainly shows up in game development from scratch, but even a project like this can get fucked up by adding way too much stuff. And there is already a shit load lol.

Olengie

I liked this statement.

We decided to create physical copies of the Vita! It was a risky move but we managed to find a good contact at Sony as well as a publishing partner to help make sure the Vita release is as high quality as possible. The reception has been great, and over 1000 Physical Vita units have been pledged for already :O

ohlawd

Nicely done!
And you're welcome. >:)

Also, I see you chose the PC version too. I was debating between choosing the physical PC or Vita version, but personally visual novels were always a PC sort of thing so it kind of felt like something I should get on that instead of Vita. Plus, I'll have the digital Vita code, so it's not as though I'll be without that one. Honestly, I'll probably keep my PC version sealed as a collector's item and just use the digital PC/Vita codes. :/

But yes, congrats on the purchase. I was tempted to go for the physical codex, and if it's offered via Backerkit later I probably will. I just can't pledge for it now, since the cost would be close to an additional $100. Damn you, CDN dollar.
yeah same, I got a history with VNs on PC so that's why I supported the physical release. that's exactly what I'm doing too; keep the box sealed and use the digital PC code. the box will look nice along with my other unopened CEs in my closet lolol

free Vita code is nice but I'm never gonna play the game that way. these dudes are still planning on releasing the 18+ content in the future like what happened with Grisaia, right?

I got that info from their prefundia but there was a disclaimer that the page is outdated

alright, good news. PC version = best version :D

It's still in their FAQ on the Kickstarter page, they just have to be vague about it because KS doesn't allow adult content.
・We will also release an official patch for the remaining important elements from Muv-Luv. More details will be provided at a later date.

upandaway

muvluvvru1o.png

I hate you, chrono >_>

and that's the highest I can go. I wanted the codex but I don't have a money tree in my backyard. hopefully, no one's actually selling their Vita code so I can go in the BST thread and sell it for a premium.
Same regarding the tier, codex sounds amazing but I'll hang in there with the digital version of it

Top Bottom