• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

If I'm to take what he's saying at face value, he's against globalization and free trade because it hurts American workers even if it helps lift people out of poverty around the world. I might deplore the working conditions at Foxconn, but millions of Chinese who would have lived lives of rural poverty have better lives.

Bernie doesn't seem to understand that large corporations need access to financing quite regularly. When GE still had a finance arm, it would use it to finance daily operations. He's taking an unnecessarily moralistic stance on the Ex-Im Bank.

I can't call it moralistic when it would have a net detrimental effect.

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/1/11139718/bernie-sanders-trade-global-poverty

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Omfg is this deja vu.

Bernie just earlier on in this debate railed against the auto bailout because it was part of the larger bailout, saying he could never support it because it also supported Wall Street.

Now he's saying it's okay to vote for some bills because they can have good things as well as bad things??

DING DING DING

The Auto bailout was separate. Are you guys making up shit?

Senator Bernie Sanders voted against the $700 billion bail out of the financial services industry but he says this package is different:
(Sanders) "The problem is if you don't act in the midst of a growing recession what does it mean to create a situation where millions of more people become unemployed and that could spread and I have serious concerns about that I think it would be a terrible idea to add millions more to the unemployment rolls."
A large number of Republican senators are threatening to block consideration of this bill.
Senator Leahy is angry about this possibility:

pigeon

Banned
Universal Healthcare has to be done, there is no example of a good healthcare system in the entire world that isnt some type of single payer/universal healthcare.

Sure, but the best way to get there from here is probably to institute a multi-payer, regulated insurance universal healthcare system, like the Netherlands or Switzerland. In fact, the ACA is pretty obviously a strong step towards that goal, what with community rating, guaranteed issue, the individual mandate, and insurance pricing restrictions. So probably best to keep building in that direction!

This is a problem with Bills that get passed in Congress. They put too many things into them. So if you're voting for 3 things that are important to you, you end up having to settle and approve something else. Then it's thrown in your face in a debate that you approved something terrible.

I just wish they voted on less things at once so we can get a clear view on their true stances.

boiled goose

good with gravy
To answer guns, Bernie should have pivoted to: "let's have an honest conversation. NRA skews conversation." Instead he was constantly defending manufacturers. Wrong side for sure.

On auto bailout, definitely caught here. Not sure why he voted against it, but he definitely didnt address it.

SaviourMK2

Hell yeah, man, let's be bros.

hqdefault.jpg

pigeon

Banned
Hillary: "Great question, Don, I'm going to answer a different question."

Don: "Thanks for that answer, Hillary. Here's my next question: the same question again."

Actually pretty hilarious.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Don Lemon ladies and gentlemen.

"everyone is a little racist" is such a stupid right wingish framing and completely misunderstands systematic racism.
Don lemon is such a fucking idiot.

So many times is he a white racism apologist. Everyone is a little racist is so stupid. That is not the issue. We are all prejudiced, but systematic racism affects us all.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Tell me your deepest and darkest secrets. This one guy once said everyone has done some really fucked up shit so please tell me what you've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom