• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Ha, well, we both know pretty damn well what's going to happen.

But I'm proud to stand with Bernie and I'm happy to see him make this a policy race if he can't achieve the ultimate goal.

Yes! I definitely support him staying in the race till the end. I think he would be a great president. I just think he lost this debate, not just in isolation, but in the context of him being behind in the race.

Plumbob

A vote for Hillary is a vote for PACs, special interests controlling the DC agenda, flip flopping and pandering to the current electorate, politicians that are too wealthy to be able to relate to the middle class of America, and political dynasties.

A vote for Trump as a democrat is punishment for the DNC giving us those types of candidates.

DWS has been naughty and needs a spanking, and I'll swat at her from my ballot.

You realize people live or die based on who's elected right? They don't have time for your games.

TyrantII

If you feel that people are forgetting this, you might be forming your impressions off GAF and Reddit. The Democratic electorate at large will vote blue, no matter what. There are some true swing voters (and they decide the election, really), but they're probably not discussing politics online.

Swing voters identify blue or red. They're more accurately called very infrequent voters.

Whoever gets theirs out, wins.

Wow. Even TYT agree Sanders lost the debate..

It sounds like they're finally coming around to the reality that Clinton will be the nominee and there's nothing to do about it. Of course, I'm not watching right now because they've lost me with this election, with their tactics.

Boke1879

Hm.. I didn't think either were particularly strong this debate. They both kinda had bad answers in the latter half and were both noticeably tired and agitated. Don't think the debate will have much of an effect for either of them.

Yea at this point both sides should be tired of the debate process. No one is going to drastically change their stances.

What could Hillary have even said in a speech to Goldman Sachs?

One of her speeches was about getting women involved in entrepreneurship or something along those lines.

I doubt there would be any talk like, "Don't worry, I won't regulate you!" or "I'm happy to have taken money from you so you can deregulate the banking industry".

I can't imagine she said anything damning unless it was taken out of context.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Key-word: horribly. He's dead-wrong when it comes to the pharmaceutical industry, but correct that a national system would be better than what the ACA provides.

Right. I wouldn't trust Trump to do anything, really.

Can you explain?

I haven't seen any redeeming quality of Trump's HC plan.

Wreav

Banned
You realize people live or die based on who's elected right? They don't have time for your games.

5765159816_2bb82628af.jpg

giga

A vote for Hillary is a vote for PACs, special interests controlling the DC agenda, flip flopping and pandering to the current electorate, politicians that are too wealthy to be able to relate to the middle class of America, and political dynasties.

A vote for Trump as a democrat is punishment for the DNC giving us those types of candidates.

Yeah, Trump is totally doesn't have any special corporate interests, doesn't pander at all, and is far from wealthy to be able to relate to middle class Americans.

border

There's plenty of other opportunities to punish the Democrats. This election is too important for a spite vote or a non-vote.

And let's not pretend that Trump doesn't have plenty of good friends in finance/Wall Street.

Effect

yeah but hilary supporters here will still name call them bias as if they don't admit they're bernie supporters every day.

Oh they are bias. How they've been handling the delegate situation shows that. That's why it's surprising that they actually all admitted what they admitted.

Tesseract

Banned

Can't say I blame ya, the Hillary drank among Democrats is bizarre. We were reeling for Romney's speeches back in 2012, now Hillary gets a pass because I don't know.

damisa

I can't tell, is anyone actually seriously when they say shit like Weav said, or is it just endless trolling? I refuse to believe the latter isn't the case.

I know several people in real life who say things like this, when I try to press them on why, they have no real explanation. Well my cousin did say he didn't think women could be good leaders, so there's that.

Steel

Banned
I mean, it seems like a pretty reasonable request if you're trying to present yourself as honest and transparent to the American people, no?

It's a reasonable request but I really don't see how it has effected her voting record. She's not honest and transparent, she doesn't need to be, she needs to show results so she can get reelected.

pigeon

Banned

One of her speeches was about getting women involved in entrepreneurship or something along those lines.

I doubt there would be any talk like, "Don't worry, I won't regulate you!" or "I'm happy to have taken money from you so you can deregulate the banking industry".

The Goldman speeches are the 2016 whitey tape.

Wreav

Banned
Yeah, Trump is totally doesn't have any special corporate interests, doesn't pander at all, and is far from wealthy to be able to relate to middle class Americans.

I didn't say a vote for Trump was a vote for something else, did I?

I know several people in real life who say things like this, when I try to press them on why, they have no real explanation. Well my cousin did say he didn't think women could be good leaders, so there's that.

I gave a fully fleshed out answer of why I'm not voting for her.

boiled goose

good with gravy

She probably said stuff about people in finance in banking being misunderstood and attacked unfairly.

Nothing terrible, but definitely implications that she will be soft.
There is a reason she hasn't released them and a reason why they are funding her...

Can't say I blame ya, the Hillary drank among Democrats is bizarre. We were reeling for Romney's speeches back in 2012, now Hillary gets a pass because I don't know.

This is what frustrates me about HillaryGAF. No honesty here and a complete double standard.
We all agree Rubio is in the pocket of Koch and Oil, Lindsay G. is in the pocket of the Military Industrial Complex, Cruz has his rich donors, etc.

But somehow Clinton is immune. It is just not honest IMO. I don't think this level of mental gymnastics is possible.

Draper

Yes! I definitely support him staying in the race till the end. I think he would be a great president. I just think he lost this debate, not just in isolation, but in the context of him being behind in the race.

And I fully respect your opinion and as a whole, perhaps you're right.

Raxus

Can you explain?

I haven't seen any redeeming quality of Trump's HC plan.

National health exchange instead of state by state.

On paper it means more competition for cheaper insurance prices. In practice it could lead to even more dangerous monopolies.

You're tired of money corrupting politics so you are going to cast your vote for a racist billionaire demagogue. Interesting choice.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

This highlighted section is a succinct description of Donald Trump.

Wreav

Banned
You're tired of money corrupting politics so you are going to cast your vote for a racist billionaire demagogue. Interesting choice.

I'm setting the party's platform. You reject candidates you disagree with, you vote for ones you agree with. I voted for the person I agree most with in the primaries, they have my data.

Now they burn.

Hell, I've personally heard women say that about Hillary. It's maddening. It's like, she's more than qualified, and stop shitting on your own gender, damn.

Bronx-Man

Banned

The amount of privilege in this post is staggering.

Draper

It's a reasonable request but I really don't see how it has effected her voting record. She's not honest and transparent, she doesn't need to be, she needs to show results so she can get reelected.

Perhaps she doesn't need to be, but many people, as it turns out, seek that sort of quality in a president.

hawk2025

Of course it won't be anything like that.

But I imagine it would have completely harmless, normal, and *correct* points on the importance of the financial sector for the economy, how it generates employment, allocates resources for investment, etc.

Normal, light pandering adjustments for any speech, but people that already have the presumption of thinking Wall Street is the ultimate evil would run with it as a bullet point for negative campaigns and shallow attacks.

People want transcripts for little sound bites they can use to confirm their biases.

I'm setting the party's platform. You reject candidates you disagree with, you vote for ones you agree with. I voted for the person I agree most with in the primaries, they have my data.

Now they burn.

I don't suppose you have any friends who are Muslims or Latinos?

Steel

Banned
hillary supports the death penalty!?

Pretty normal for presidential candidates. I mean, it's demonstrably dumb, but if you don't give a little death penalty lip-service it's just another thing for your opponents to attack you on and turn focus to. I doubt it's something she cares enough about to do anything about it legislatively.

Perhaps she doesn't need to be, but many people, as it turns out, seek that sort of quality in a president.

They do, but they've never gotten it.

Valhelm

contribute something
National health exchange instead of state by state.

On paper it means more competition for cheaper insurance prices. In practice it could lead to even more dangerous monopolies.

How so? It seems like a good potential stepping-stone to public coverage.

I love that they ask a question that is important to millions and millions of voters and you guys cry foul.

I'm not saying that how the candidate feels about religion isn't important to people out there.

I'm saying that the specific questions they asked were poor. You're never going to get a really good answer to inform your opinion of how exactly a candidate feels about religion by asking "Who do you pray to and for?" Every candidate worth their salt will give the stock "I pray a lot for our country" response. (As Hilary did)

If they wanted to ask religion they should have asked something that would have prompted actually well thought out, insightful, revealing responses.

Otherwise, it's a waste of time.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Now they burn.

If you reject candidates you disagree with, why are you voting for Trump instead of just sitting out the election? Or do you just agree with Trump?

I honestly can't believe the apathy for Hillary's transcripts.

If you were about to marry someone, but found out that they might be cheating on you and you asked for their texts as evidence, but they refused, wouldn't you be suspicious? Doesn't that say something about whether you can trust this person?

Ridiculous.

Meowster

Yeah.. this is a bit of puzzling argument to me. Just because Trump isn't actually in politics does not change the face that he is the richest person there and running his own businesses and brand. He has the most to gain, personally, by getting the nomination, or worse, the Presidency.

ant1532

Banned
Oh they are bias. How they've been handling the delegate situation shows that. That's why it's surprising that they actually all admitted what they admitted.

Yes, but they literally say they are biased towards bernie on a daily basis. It's different than pretending to be clear cut neutral and then spewing support for him. There's been many debates now where they praise the way Hilary handles herself and are genuinely impressed by her.

boiled goose

good with gravy
And I fully respect your opinion and as a whole, perhaps you're right.

Hey I hope Im wrong. But I have to be honest.

hillary supports the death penalty!?

Yes. But she is a progressive. hahaha

Hell, I've personally heard women say that about Hillary. It's maddening. It's like, she's more than qualified, and stop shitting on your own gender, damn.

Ugh. Depressing. There are valid criticisms of Hillary, but this is just so fucking frustrating.

Blader

I didn't say a vote for Trump was a vote for something else, did I?

Then that makes even less.

Though this...

Now they burn.

...tells me you're not a serious person anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom