• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 8 [Univision] Agent Smith goes to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekai

THAT'S ALL YOU TALKED ABOUT THIS DEBATE, AND THIS WHOLE FUCKING ELECTION BERNIE

Yup, you just have to go back to Wall Street.

I repeat what I directed to you earlier, massoluk, just bringing up the facts again:
"He literally only brought up Wall Street twice. Once in relation to a question directly about Wall-Street. And once when Hillary repeated a lie regarding his vote on a bailout-which was actually about Wall-Street- and not about the auto-industry."

Geezus. Hillary supporters straight up lying about what literally just happened in the debate.

This was a good debate for Bernie. I feel that he branched out quite a bit and didn't stick to his his Wall Street schtick as much. It was also neat to see Hillary's more aggressive side even if I don't like that she has to show it to Bernie (my preferred candidate). If I had to pick something I disliked from this debate it'd be the Benghazi question and the female moderator (one in particular) interrupting Hillary and Bernie just 10-15 seconds into their answers. That is seriously not good for our attention spans. They gotta let candidates elaborate and explain.
So, wait? Are you saying the U.S. shouldn't be supporting democracies and/or should stand by when atrocities happen?
Obama has been amazing in his restraint imo. As for democracies in the ME... I only know of Israel, so I hope that the USA is VERY careful about supporting uprisings in countries run by tyrants, dictators or monarchies.

Ekai

I'm hearing the crowd cheering Bernie but the English-speakers for the post-debate are super biased towards Hillary.

kdZkGVP5xzYek.gif

Boke1879

He was specifically asked to renounce his praise for Ortega and Castro and he couldn't do it. Just why? Believe it or not it will be used against him if they need to.

The commercials in spanish write themselves.

Yep. All he had to do was renounce it. If ONLY to pander. He couldn't. That's not going to play well. Up until Sanders really hasn't been attacked and that was just small taste and he didn't handle that well at all.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Obama has been amazing in his restraint imo. As for democracies in the ME... I only know of Israel, so I hope that the USA is VERY careful about supporting uprisings in countries run by tyrants, dictators or monarchies.

And, Hilary was his Sec. of State during this time...

How can he be amazing but she's somehow a neoliberal?

ApharmdX

Banned
Bernie flubbed the Castro repudiation. There was a way to answer that, to distance himself from Castro's authoritarianism, and he did a poor job of it. Overall though he had a good performance. Hillary picked it up in the last quarter of the debate herself so I thought it was ultimately pretty close.

I enjoyed this debate, and the moderators, and the audience. It was so classy compared to the penis-showing contest we got from the GOP last week.

Hard to watch, but I'm glad I did. Strong moments for both candidates, but kind of a strong swing there at the end. I wonder if Hillary realizes Univision did in 15 minutes what her campaign hasn't been able to do for a year, and that is find a way to make Bernie sticking to his guns look like a weakness.

Yep. All he had to do was renounce it. If ONLY to pander. He couldn't. That's not going to play well. Up until Sanders really hasn't been attacked and that was just small taste and he didn't handle that well at all.
That's just a taste of things to come. Wait till GOP cooks up a secret communist group of which Bernie was a part of in his youth and how they worshiped Che and talked about overthrowing the US government

That's just a taste of things to come. Wait till GOP cooks up a secret communist group of which Bernie was a part of in his youth and how they worshiped Che and talked about overthrowing the US government
I would love to see that, and really see how his stances hold up. But it's most likely he'll never have the chance.

Boke1879

Hard to watch, but I'm glad I did. Strong moments for both candidates, but kind of a strong swing there at the end. I wonder if Hillary realizes Univision did in 15 minutes what her campaign hasn't been able to do for a year, and that is find a way to make Bernie sticking to his guns look like a weakness.

Wouldn't be shocked if she's getting someone on the phone to cut an ad for that right now to play on tv.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The Sanders campaign will probably need to address the Cuba thing. Otherwise, a really good showing for him.

rogue74

weird, some here were just saying you didn't exist/dont matter, oddly
Lol I know. I'm 41. Older Cuban Americans are overwhelmingly Republican. But we do exist. Understand that younger Cuban democrats in south Florida have older Cuban parents or even family members still on the island. Praising Castro is just political suicide down here regardless of party affiliation.

JP_

Banned
Creating boogiemen out of foreign leaders lowers the conversation. It's childish to try and make these things black and white. He could have responded stronger, but I'm glad he didn't take the bait and fold.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Creating boogiemen out of foreign leaders lowers the conversation. It's childish to try and make these things black and white. He could have responded stronger, but I'm glad he didn't take the bait and fold.

Saying they had good healthcare and other merits was probably fine and honest, but he should have followed it up by denouncing the negative aspects a lot harder. The time limit probably didn't help.

And, Hilary was his Sec. of State during this time...

How can he be amazing but she's somehow a neoliberal?
Obama has given me the strong impression over the last seven years that war and intervention are some of the last steps to be taken in the process of reforming a country and changing it's leadership/government. I don't get that impression from Hillary whether she means well or not. We also can't forget that she was certainly one of the voices pushing for the removal of Muammar Gaddafi. I'll be fair and admit that Britain and France are more at fault for the state of Libya today than Hillary is, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom