• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if any of them will bother going after Hillary on the bullshit stuff. It would be a good way to make a lot of enemies, I think.

The emails will be brought up by Cooper. No doubt.

But everyone involved will handle it diplomatically.

Probably something to the effect of, "I would have handled my emails differently than Secretary Clinton, but the entire controversy is part of a cynical smear campaign by Republicans - one they've now admitted to orchestrating."

andthebeatgoeson

Retromelon isn't being serious.

If he annoys you too much just post some roach pictures

slide_238141_1213924_free.jpg

He got me.

There are going to be a TON of pointed comments (or even flat-out ridicule) related to the current chaos in the Republican Party.

These debates are less about the Democratic primary race and more about reinforcing the fact that one side are adults and the other side are children.

Iksenpets

Banned
Sometime around the 45-minute mark, the speakers cut out and start playing a medley of the The Scorpions' greatest hits as Diamond Joe bursts through the wall in his Trans Am, climbs out, and stabs Lincoln Chafee to claim his podium.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Sometime around the 45-minute mark, the speakers cut out and start playing a medley of the The Scorpions' greatest hits as Diamond Joe bursts through the wall in his Trans Am, climbs out, and stabs Lincoln Chafee to claim his podium.

If only Worm was there to watch it...

Not only that but they agree on like 90% of the issues. The only thing Bernie and Hillary disagree on are guns and foreign policy.
I'm pretty sure Bernie has massively different views on economy.

The emails will be brought up by Cooper. No doubt.

But everyone involved will handle it diplomatically.

Probably something to the effect of, "I would have handled my emails differently than Secretary Clinton, but the entire controversy is part of a cynical smear campaign by Republicans - one they've now admitted to orchestrating."

There are going to be a TON of pointed comments (or even flat-out ridicule) related to the current chaos in the Republican Party.

These debates are less about the Democratic primary race and more about reinforcing the fact that one side are adults and the other side are children.

Yeah, sort of what I'm expecting. I do think the underdogs will be trying hard to differentiate themselves from Clinton, but I think they'll all be smart enough to do it in ways that won't hurt the party.

If Sanders wants a chance at the nomination, tonight he needs to come out swinging and go straight for the jugular. Draw blood early, and just hammer away. If he can get Hillary on the defensive from the start and call her out on the issues he'll gain a ton of support.

lednerg

I think Slate's Political Gabfest podcast might be right about O'Malley turning some heads and making a name for himself. No matter what it should be interesting. The Dems get to come out as the adults of the political landscape. I don't see Cooper trying to goad them into bickering with each other too much, but maybe I don't know him well enough.

You should probably just watch the republican debates then

Sure you may hear it a lot, but am I wrong
sarcasm through text is not an easy thing to detect

I hope you honestly didn't believe that i'd think people being rational in a debate was a bad thing? At the same time however i follow these candidates well enough that i know their stances, so it really isn't worth it to me to watch then reiterate them for several hours. Any new or interesting details i'll catch online afterwards. But you are right in that i'll probably stick to the Repubs after this one just because it's worth it for the entertainment value.

Not only that but they agree on like 90% of the issues. The only thing Bernie and Hillary disagree on are guns and foreign policy.

Hopefully they spell out some actual policy because they agree on a topic but might not agree on the path to get there. Which is important since my current support of Hillary mostly hinges on my belief that she's a more electable politician nationally but also on my belief that she'll be able to navigate the stormy congressional waters better with her ideas.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Yeah the source of my confusion is that I got offered a job doing some debate analytics and the person said 8PM, and then this thread and the site said 8:30PM, but then a previous reply in the thread said 8PM--so it wasn't clear to me if there was a time change or not.

Checked into CNNGO. It is apparently CNN's streaming version. I get 10 minutes to try and then I need to sign in. No problem, I have Time Warner Cable, and since Time Warner owns CNN, clearly Time Warner Cable subscribers will be able to watch CNNGO.

LOL PUNKED NOT ELIGIBLE.

Here's Time Warner Corporation advertising CNNGO's launch...
https://twitter.com/twxcorp/status/517343183534309376
(Again, just to clarify, this is a service available to everyone besides people who are dumb enough to get cable from Time Warner)

Ophelion

Hopefully they spell out some actual policy because they agree on a topic but might not agree on the path to get there. Which is important since my current support of Hillary mostly hinges on my belief that she's a more electable politician nationally but also on my belief that she'll be able to navigate the stormy congressional waters better with her ideas.

This is where I'm at. I like a lot of Bernie's ideas, but I think Hillary will be more successful at statesmanship, which is incredibly important when the other party is in the middle of losing their goddamn minds. Even if he could win the primary and the main event, I'm not convinced that Bernie could actually get any of the things he's running on into practice. I'd rather have imperfect results under Hillary than idealistic failure under Bernie.

Paskil

I'm hoping that Biden stomps in right as the debate is starting and screams like Godzilla. Seriously though, I think the average person is going to be bored to tears by what will likely be a very bland discussion of policy. Look for O'Malley to go ham on Hilldawg, at least once.

I am excite.

Hillary will be ENDED tonight. King Sanders will have ha running and sweating. Bye Clinton, your flop era begins TONIGHT.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Ah, Godzilla! Saving "Bernin' for You" for the next debate once we all feel the Bern tonight?

No Trump, but at least he'll be there in spirit/Twitter.

I'm hoping that Biden stomps in right as the debate is starting and screams like Godzilla. Seriously though, I think the average person is going to be bored to tears by what will likely be a very bland discussion of policy. Look for O'Malley to go ham on Hilldawg, at least once.

O'Malley could still have some future in the party though. Webb and Chafee have nothing to lose.

Does anyone think the desperate no name candidates will bring up Benghazi/emailgate during the debate? They have to do something to get their names out there because I can't even remember who they are and I literally just looked up the podium order.

User1608

Banned
Can't wait, unlike a certain clown show this will be pretty nice and interesting from a policy standpoint at least.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Shouldn't he have decided by now? I'd think if you were serious about running for president, you'd decide and announce before the first debate...

He's probably looking to see how this turns out. Biden still has all the hype on his side and if this debate is a dull as expected that won't change.

I don't think it really matters how the debate goes out the supporters will think their team won and since the it won't be watched by many people as the GOP debate it probably won't make much of a difference in the polls long term. The media will probably praise the underdogs a little though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom