• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillary is terrible in foreign policy. She is knowledgeable, but militaristic and interventionist. That alone makes her plans worse.

ivysaur12

Banned
It is true he does not have the experience in toppling foreign governments so extremists can fill the power vacuum like Hillary does.

It's not even that. I agree with his foreign policy assessments, but he comes off as if he's not familiar -- or doesn't care -- about foreign policy endeavors at all. I think that's more of people's problems with his foreign policy qualifications.

Grover

Banned
Why is bernie making weird eyes and faces

201511_1309_aegef_sm.jpg

RoKKeR

Bernie is easily the most likable candidate for me, but repeating his fairly limited rhetoric becomes tiresome after a while.

It's not even that. I agree with his foreign policy assessments, but he comes off as if he's not familiar -- or doesn't care -- about foreign policy endeavors at all. I think that's more of people's problems with his foreign policy qualifications.
He is definitely way more focused on domestic affairs (to a fault). I honestly prefer that to the alternatives we have, which is basically a bunch of hawks and whatever Trump actually is.

User1608

Banned
He really should make this and obtaining more black voter support priorities. If he beats Hillary he'll definitely be hurt on foreign policy in the General Election.
Yep. He sounds so aloof on the topic.
Exactly.

Mrbob

Hillary can be Bernie's secretary of state.

I agree with three commentary Bernie can't use the Iraq vote anymore.

Are you trying to agree with me?

Yes, they had to bail out the banks, and yes, the banks and bankers were going to walk out scott free for everything they screwed up. The argument is that instead of accepting these things as inevitable from now until the fall of man, we take action to prevent that from happening the next time. Break them up. Alternatively, nationalize them!

Where do you stop? Damn community Savings and Loans crashed the economy once.

The cat's out of the bag. It's about govt oversight and risk control. Breaking up these banks helps no one.

East Lake

You want to start to engage on how ignoring derivatives and credit swaps in favor of Jailing the Bankers and Breaking 'em Up will somehow prevent another recession or shift anything back in the favor of The People when the last, and deepest one in 80 years, had EVERYTHING to do with those first two things?
Regulating those two things wouldn't necessarily stop a crisis either buddy.

ivysaur12

Banned
You can't keep bringing up the Iraq War as evidence on foreign policy as your only talking point. He's right! He was right! But he needs more.

Seventy70

Bernie is easily the most likable candidate for me, but repeating his fairly limited rhetoric becomes tiresome after a while.
Same for me. He also comes off as being weak too. I don't think he would be able to handle any kind of pressure well :/

I've been thinking, is it even efficient to have a president? Its kind of hard to be an expert in all these fields (economy, social issues, foreign policies, etc.) and maybe it would be better to have someone for each major area

Moderators should ask Bernie Sanders a question about China's violation of south China Sea waters and it's effects on US trade and Thailand.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Exactly. Which is sort of a problem for the Commander in Chief

danm999

Bernie's campaign needs to give him some new moves in the foreign policy debate area.

He can't keep bringing up a vote from 14 years ago.

royalan

He's getting annihilated on this.

Bernie, she didn't say you said you should normalize relations with Iran tomorrow.

Where do you stop? Damn community Savings and Loans crashed the economy once.

The cat's out of the bag. It's about govt oversight and risk control. Breaking up these banks helps no one.
The thing is, usually when you crash the economy you don't get rewarded for it.

It'll happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom